Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for all the cup half-full people:

What possibly positive imminent news regarding the virus is out there to warrant a rebound of the sentiment/market in the very near future?

not asking for hopes and dreams, but tangible news that could turn the macros around

I don't normally respond to posts from 6 months previous but in this case I thought a little retrospective might be fun and useful, especially considering that March 18th marked the lowest price in all of 2020. It was the rock bottom price, trading as low as a split adjusted $70.10 on that day.

Tesla's valuation is not defined by the Coronavirus and the price can move higher, much higher, even without good virus news. Pandemics generally have very little lasting impact on the overall market. That's why I added 1000 new shares on March 18th (split adjusted) using market orders. That was the same day @KSilver2000 released a barrage of negative Tesla posts and then quit posting here as the TSLA share price has never looked back. Does this mean you are no longer with us?

@KSilver2000, it looks like your buy limit orders about 30% lower never even came close to executing. No one was willing to give their shares away that cheaply. Sometimes it's just better to bite the bullet and buy when you can instead of posting a bunch of negative perspectives that the price will go even lower in the hope of picking some up on the cheap. Because now you have missed out on making 5 times your money.

Oh, wait! I realized I already responded to this post shortly after you posted it. Here was my answer then:

In situations like this things can turn around just based on being over-done. Predicting when is the problem. But I look at the value of the underlying asset I'm purchasing. There is no substitute for cars in the foreseeable future and Tesla makes the best ones with an ever-decreasing cost curve.

Just bought more at $365 and $356 for long-term gains.

All the negative COVID-19 news that can be drummed up can't stop Tesla from innovating and expanding. I'm looking forward to whatever news is released on battery day! Cheers to all TSLA longs!

That's some big ballz there matey! I was too worried it would drop further and get me deeper in the red. Good on you!
Yesterday was a good day. I got shares at a good price (not the lowest). The thing is that TSLA goes up and down. Always has, probably always will until they stop progressing (in which case I'll sell). Major drops (or gains) do not affect the company's execution, as long as that is going fine, there rest is just showmanship.

I usually just corner people in the office, since they tend to be trapped there with me. Works great. ;)

4eehwu.jpg

I've been meaning to add some comments to this failure. Not personal, but Rob has ZERO technical background that would help with dealing with Tesla's material. Per his LinkedIn profile, he worked for Khols as Merchandise Planner and Assistant Buyer. Earlier, he worked as Marketing Planner/ Graphics Designer (https://www.linkedin.com/in/maurerrj/

For me he is just 'another Gali' - a news gatherer. That is all. His lack of any engineering/technical background did show during this travesty of an interview. Gordon Johnson, who I consider equally non-technical, rode Rob to the ground. It was very bad on many levels.

This did not do anything good to Tesla. IMO, this exposed Rob as somebody who should look for a new profession pronto.
I don't think the interview was a good idea either, as Rob wasn't talking to a person acting in good faith and Rob isn't the kind of person to call him out on it.

But Rob is king of the Tesla analysts, if you want certainty about what is going on with Tesla his podcast is the best way to keep up with it if you are short of time. His summaries are about the most accurate source of information you can find and any uncertainty or speculation is clearly highlighted.

I'd prefer if he leaned in to his researcher personality and interviewed industry members or good faith financial analysts. Another thing I think he'd be good at is deep dives into various esoteric topics relevant to Tesla (China EV market, cobalt supply chain, etc)

I placed 3 orders yesterday when I saw the level of red - 2 of them hit.

I would've landed the 3rd one too, but I f'd up the way I placed it - as my target wasn't met until after-hours so lost out on that one. My brokerage makes me place a separate order for after-hours, which is a bit of a waste of time.

What I try to do is : Pay attention to how I feel when I'm faced with adversity on a well researched and thought through business opportunity (TSLA).

When I feel the discomfort (sea of red yesterday) -- I try to run hard towards it.

As counter intuitive as it is; I have benefitted - far more times than not - when I have done the above.

Last edited:
I don't normally respond to posts from 6 months previous but in this case I thought a little retrospective might be fun and useful, especially considering that March 18th marked the lowest price in all of 2020. It was the rock bottom price, trading as low as a split adjusted $70.10 on that day.

Tesla's valuation is not defined by the Coronavirus and the price can move higher, much higher, even without good virus news. Pandemics generally have very little lasting impact on the overall market. That's why I added 1000 new shares on March 18th (split adjusted) using market orders. That was the same day @KSilver2000 released a barrage of negative Tesla posts and then quit posting here as the TSLA share price has never looked back. Does this mean you are no longer with us?

@KSilver2000, it looks like your buy limit orders about 30% lower never even came close to executing. No one was willing to give their shares away that cheaply. Sometimes it's just better to bite the bullet and buy when you can instead of posting a bunch of negative perspectives that the price will go even lower in the hope of picking some up on the cheap. Because now you have missed out on making 5 times your money.

Oh, wait! I realized I already responded to this post shortly after you posted it. Here was my answer then:

All the negative COVID-19 news that can be drummed up can't stop Tesla from innovating and expanding. I'm looking forward to whatever news is released on battery day! Cheers to all TSLA longs!

I was another person who was worried about Covid effects on demand (temporarily) and sold stock in the hopes that I could end up with more shares.

When the stock started appreciating, I did the best thing possible (after a bad thing) and admit I was wrong and just buy back my shares at 20% higher price.

Sunk costs are sunk costs, and it's better to come back with your tail between your legs than try to be to proud and hold out. As a current teslanaire, that was the best decision I ever made.

Love this post!

I bought that day too...unfortunately only 50 shares (split adjusted). Had buy orders from there every five points going all the way down!

Everyone else must have as well because as we all know, TSLA stopped on a dime and essentially skyrocketed up! Kept waiting for the dip to buy more. Already had a lot of shares for a long time. Had bought on the way down in March. But I had a target number I wanted! At some point should have bit the bullet and just bought the number I wanted. Never did get there.... Stopped buying in my long terms when it cleared 200 (1000) cause, you know, it would be cheaper again soon.

It certainly looks like some baaaad stuff has to happen now to hit 200 again. Not saying it won't....but I don't see it. Too many people know about TSLA now.

Not complaining!

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal
What I try to do is : Pay attention to how I feel when I'm are faced with adversity on a well researched and thought through business opportunity (TSLA). When I feel the discomfort (sea of red yesterday) -- I run hard towards it.

10000% agree. buy/lever up when it's painful because it's all red. sell/lever down when it's painful because you're intoxicated by the gains and feel fomo

No selloff either :)

Last edited:
Will Tesla file today to detail the 5 billion offering details? Yesterday’s filing said it would be completed today.

It could be that a certain spoon factory need this filing before they will officially look at this infamous share.

Danq! Where did that idea come from - I thought I had stopped dreaming about spoons...

• Funny
Reactions: Chenkers and Andy O