Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0581D474-A1DD-4556-8615-C6F431A3BC9F.jpeg

https://twitter.com/teslatruckclub/status/1311514602220539905?s=21

I’m in love.

I had the chance to write a whole page in a national (Italian) newspaper about Tesla battery day.
I tried to underline the importance of batteries, single-point-of-failure of the electric transition.
And explained Wright's Law.

Hopefully some folks will be interested in what Tesla is doing, beyond clicbait headlines.
View attachment 593315

Nice! Do you have a link? I'd like to read / distribute to some unworthy mates.:)

Reactions: aubreymcfato
Unless electricity is WAY more than I think it is in China I dunno how saying "If you skip getting a $3000-5000 refund we'll give you far less than $3000-5000 in free charging" is going above and beyond.

I mean- smart business move for sure- let the folks who won't bother doing the math decide not to get refunds...but economically for the CUSTOMERS it's probably WAY better for them to return and rebuy and save more money than they'll get out of 3 years of supercharging for most.

Going above and beyond would be simply, automatically, cutting a refund check to anyone still in the 7 day period when prices were cut.
It's not the same car though, it's heavier car although with more range. Driving dynamic will be impacted.

Diversification question... Are others investing in these other EV startups? Nikola, Lucid, Rivian? I was thinking through the option and feel that with as much of a "Hail Mary" that Tesla had to pull off, after hearing Elon constantly talk about the incredible difficulty and uncertainty of survival as recently as 3 years ago and decided... no way. IMO the likelihood of another car company surviving seems profoundly low. For real products that are actually manufactured and available to buy, Tesla's "competition" is more likely to come from an incumbent automaker than gets off their ass vs a startup IMO. At the end of my thought experiment I always just decide to buy more Tesla.
I have a synthetic long in WKHS ARK likes it

Yes I bought a few, but mine are up only 18% and I don't know what a good strategy is. These are the first options I have ever bought.

My not-an-advice is Oct 30 calls you can either see if there's a big spike after delivery #s... or your other consider-selling point would be right BEFORE Q3 results since that seems to be a sell on news thing anymore with a nice buy on rumor run-up.

Auto supplier ATW is taken over by Tesla - look for 17:01 timestamp

Let's see if I can also link to a google translation Yep, that works

And ATWs webpage. "Our product range includes not only numerous engine and transmission oils but also original spare parts for almost every car brand."

I wonder what Tesla is going to use that oil for??

ATW's business partners received notification on Tuesday that an agreement had been reached on the takeover by an electric vehicle manufacturer in California.

Good catch,

could be Lucid, but probably not..

https://www.lucidmotors.com/company
The spirit of California moves us to think beyond mobility, and design for a world where life is the most important journey we’ll ever take; to look beyond tomorrow and shape a future where we no longer have to choose between doing great things and doing the right thing; and to explore beyond ourselves, and create experiences that remind us what it’s like to feel truly alive.

I've bought a little Arcimoto, but eventually sold and bought Tesla again. I think they have potential, but nobody has Tesla's potential. It truly is difficult to diversify when you believe this strongly in a company :/

i do think you are right in the long run. But following the huge run this year I think TSLA will stabilize for the coming months to a year - maybe even longer. A lot has been priced in. If you want to 2X or 3X your money in two to three years there are better, much more beaten down and forgotten stocks out there with that potential. You just need to investigate. I am on the outlook for this, hopefully make some terrific gains and start investing in TSLA again with the proceeds.

Has it occurred to everyone the event was originally called Battery and POWERTRAIN Day, before they cut it back, and subsequently have you wondered what in the hell do they have left up their sleeves if they thought Powertrain would share top billing originally?

Was the original date before the S and X went to 402/351 miles? If so they could have talked about that and how they got there. Also about Plaid. Probably a bit on the efficiency from the octovalve in the Y. And the boosted range from the battery improvements. New charger for the semi, and heck, just plain more details about the semi pack, motors, range, performance. I think they could spend a fair bit of time on miscellaneous vehicle efficiencies plus range, charge speed, and performance almost at any time, but it was probably wise to keep battery day more focused -- it was almost too much to take in as is.

Last edited:
According to Reddit, it's this company that Tesla has bought: Home - Factory-Wide Solutions | ATS Automation, or at least a part thereof. "It is ATW Assembly & Test Europe GmbH which is part of the canadian ATS (Automation Tooling Systems Inc.)"

"We offer the perfect synergy of experience, automation technology, and scale to advance factory automation solutions for the world’s leading manufacturers."

That makes much better sense.

Companies - Factory-Wide Solutions | ATS Automation

ATW, a member of ATS Mobility, Nuclear, and Specialty Automation

ATW, a member of ATS Mobility, Nuclear, and Specialty Automation, based in Neuwied/Germany, has extensive experience overcoming the challenges that battery module and pack assembly and test for electric mobility can present. Having partnered with nearly every major automobile manufacturer internationally, ATW has completed more than 20 battery production lines. With this portfolio of projects, ATW customers have come to expect short lead times and project flexibility that is crucial to remain competitive in the dynamic electric mobility industry. ATW is a trusted name in automation to the world's leading OEMs and tier 1 suppliers responsible for building the critical components that bring vehicles to life.

According to Reddit, it's this company that Tesla has bought: Home - Factory-Wide Solutions | ATS Automation, or at least a part thereof. "It is ATW Assembly & Test Europe GmbH which is part of the canadian ATS (Automation Tooling Systems Inc.)"

"We offer the perfect synergy of experience, automation technology, and scale to advance factory automation solutions for the world’s leading manufacturers."

That makes much better sense.

Good find. And it means that ‘the world’s leading manufacturers’, except for one, will have to find someone else to do their factory automation. As the Grohmann acquisition has shown, ATW will soon be working for Tesla exclusively. Lots of Giga- and Terafactories to automate.