Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I guess Elon really pissed in his Cheerios this morning.

If he does this for P&D day (the software is an excuse), just imagine what he will do in 2-3 weeks when record profits are reported.

I'm new to this thread...am I suppose to know who this guy is? Saw some other tweets after looking at this one and he seems to have it out for Tesla. Did Elon sleep with his wife or something?

I’ve added 10% to my position in each of these events.

Sure, I've also added on the dips, but I just don't get the logic.

As someone said in response, it sure seems we have a clear pattern of selling the news. The exception was the Q2 P&D, which appeared to be a genuine surprise to Wall Street.

And now I guess they're not wowed by a beat on deliveries, even with the 43% yoy increase.

Battery Day was the most puzzling, what was shown was way better than my expectations, but because they didn't have a shiny thing on stage you could buy now, nobody cared.

I agree it's all very good for the HODL side, also has been mostly good for my short-term trades as I purchased most of my calls when the stock was $13XX pre-split and they're all DITM now.

Reactions: computerchuck

i’m blocked from his tweets for some reason. i don’t recall ever saying anything to him, in fact i’m fairly certain i never did. anyhow, is that real???

if so, he’s completely come off the rails :eek:

i used to get all worked up in late ‘18 to mid ‘19 at cnbc and fudsters, so i know what it’s like to let it get you squirrely...but that is pretty extra right there. hahahhah. speigel....what a dopey bast@rd

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I'm new to this thread...am I suppose to know who this guy is? Saw some other tweets after looking at this one and he seems to have it out for Tesla. Did Elon sleep with his wife or something?

He's a short-seller, we suspect supported by the fossil-fuel industry - there's no other way he'd still be in business as a "fund manager".

He's an idiot.

i’m blocked from his tweets for some reason. i don’t recall ever saying anything to him, in fact i’m fairly certain i never did. anyhow, is that real???

i used to get all worked up in late ‘18 to mid ‘19 at cnbc and fudsters, so i know what it’s like to squirrely...but that is pretty extra right there. hahahhah. speigel....what a dopey bast@rd

Because you're on the $TSLAQ block-list, that's why.

Sure, I've also added on the dips, but I just don't get the logic.

As someone said in response, it sure seems we have a clear pattern of selling the news. The exception was the Q2 P&D, which appeared to be a genuine surprise to Wall Street.

And now I guess they're not wowed by a beat on deliveries, even with the 43% yoy increase.

Battery Day was the most puzzling, what was shown was way better than my expectations, but because they didn't have a shiny thing on stage you could buy now, nobody cared.

I agree it's all very good for the HODL side, also has been mostly good for my short-term trades as I purchased most of my calls when the stock was $13XX pre-split and they're all DITM now.

I'm not surprised by the walk down action today or the sell the news action......but the anemic volume on a daily basis has been rather surprising to me. I guess those on Wall St are convinced S&P are in no way adding Tesla till sometime in 2021.......otherwise they'd be buying heavily today in get in front of a Q3 that's profitable without credits.

The market cap had quite a lot already baked in before these events. I'm also not sure why the hurry with the SP. It will go up if Tesla shows that they can deliver.

Autonomy day indicated "FSD approved by regulators in at least one jurisdiction" by the end of this 2020. Just show the goods or something close to FSD and the SP will go up.

If FSD and visible FSD process is seemingly so late (few are expecting regulatory approval in the short term), I guess it's reasonable for investors to be sceptical of battery brakethrough timelines. Many are also numb after reading tens or hundreds of headlines about battery breakthroughs that never seem to materialize. Again, show it working amazingly and the SP will go up.

Considering that I'm keeping most of my shares for several more years anyway, I'm not in a particular hurry. I'm not waiting for the SP, I'm waiting for Tesla to deliver astonishing results in the key areas.

Of course, but we all have our own circumstances, which in my case is my wife buying a house, so I'm needing to get money out soon.

i used to get all worked up in late ‘18 to mid ‘19 at cnbc and fudsters, so i know what it’s like to squirrely...but that is pretty extra right there. hahahhah. speigel....what a dopey bast@rd

Yes it is real. He deleted it later but what a meltdown. Very sad no matter how much he hates Elon and Tesla.

I'm not surprised by the walk down action today or the sell the news action......but the anemic volume on a daily basis has been rather surprising to me. I guess those on Wall St are convinced S&P are in no way adding Tesla till sometime in 2021.......otherwise they'd be buying heavily today in get in front of a Q3 that's profitable without credits.
It is flat out bizarre. A lot of the big money has probably planned for quite some time to sit out October waiting for more election clarity before jumping in. We highlight all these positive triggers for TSLA, but there's one major negative looming and that's a split Senate/WH plus Trump refusal to leave leading to the long awaited global recession.

To me that appears to be less and less likely every day. Especially today. But Biden tests positive next week and it's -15% in 3 days. That dude better be alone in a subterranean lair watching John Wayne movies right now.

Even better, Elon's trashed his reputation just by existing. He's a fund manager who has been shorting Tesla forever. Here's the latest results from his fund that he "manages":

Stanphyl Capital Management LLC Stanphyl Capital GP, LLC Stanphyl Capital Partners LP 1 August 31, 2020 Friends and Fellow Investors: For August 2020 the fund was down 15.4% net of all fees and expenses. By way of comparison, the S&P 500 was up 7.2% while the Russell 2000 was up 5.6%. Year-to-date 2020 the fund is down 20.9% while the S&P 500 is up 9.7% and the Russell 2000 is down 5.5%. Since inception on June 1, 2011 the fund is up 21.7% net while the S&P 500 is up 215.5% and the Russell 2000 is up 109.5%. Since inception the fund has compounded at 2.2% net annually vs 13.2% for the S&P 500 and 8.3% for the Russell 2000. (The S&P and Russell performances are based on their “Total Returns” indices which include reinvested dividends. The fund’s performance results are approximate; investors will receive exact figures from the outside administrator within a week or two. Please note that individual partners’ returns will vary in accordance with their high-water marks.)

Frankly, leading off his letters by saying "Friends" is a tad optimistic, I think. :)

Sitting on my sofa with a nice beer looking at my driveway in the happy knowledge that this car is one of of the 139,300 :)

upload_2020-10-2_18-54-46.png

Been looking to add a used Model S to our stable and have been checking used inventory every day this week. Checked this morning and the car i was looking at was $600 cheaper today than yesterday. Similar reductions across the board for the other used Model S' as well. Wonder if i should hold out until end of year to see if there will be more price cuts.