Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a good explanation for general market tanking, as it influences a lot of financial activity and business.
But I am still trying to wrap my mind around how many people were planning to buy a Tesla car from the stimulus money ? I can't imagine being a whole lot of people hoping to get THAT much stimulus...
So, how exactly does this influence Tesla business ?

In great depressions automotive sales tend to take a bit of a hit, generally.

That's a good explanation for general market tanking, as it influences a lot of financial activity and business.
But I am still trying to wrap my mind around how many people were planning to buy a Tesla car from the stimulus money ? I can't imagine being a whole lot of people hoping to get THAT much stimulus...
So, how exactly does this influence Tesla business ?
Its a general sell off.

As for why Trump is doing this. He is trying to blackmail the US citizens to vote for him. You know very well if he loses no stimulus will occur until end of January.

Now that was a buying moment. Now I have to hope things return for the sake of my trading account :)

Yep. I forgot I had a small buy order in for NIO (with my pocket change that won't buy a full TSLA share). When I got the alert it executed I looked at the chart and was like . . . WTF.

Came here, saw POTUS tweets, and then it all made sense.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Weird tactics
Wouldn't it be easier to vote him out if he is in the way of a stimulus deal? Negotiate with the democrats or be the democrats...hmmm.

Weird strategy with a -14 point deficit right now.

Really thought he would want a win before the elections, sending out personal messages like last time to not forget to thank him.

I agree. Odd tactics. If you didn't like the deal, you'd just keep on negotiating, that way you wouldn't be blamed for no deal. You could have pointed to the Dem's unrealistic $2.4B package. Now, Trump owns the no deal status quo. I don't see how this announcement helps him. It certainly didn't help the stock market.

I wonder if it as simple as Trump seeing this as a regular negotiation tactic (which it is) and not considering the political implications??

Last edited:
Today's chart. Tesla (Blue) v QQQ
upload_2020-10-6_20-23-19.png

I agree. Odd tactics. If you didn't like the deal, you'd just keep on negotiating, that way you wouldn't be blamed for no deal. You could have pointed to the Dem's unrealistic $2.4B package. Now, Trump owns the no deal status quo. I don't see how this announcement helps him. It certainly didn't help the stock market.
It doesn't help him, the stock market or the country. As he observes his chances dwindling, I'm concerned we may see more self-destructive behavior.

And his tweet made it sound like he doesn't want to help democrats or blue states. Way to fire up people who will vote against you. This is like kamakazi into the election.

I agree. For what it's worth, I'm 52 now, when I invested all in TSLA I was 43 and only had £33k in life/pension savings and a very low total net worth with very little property equity. I thank Elon Musk & Tesla everyday for transforming my life financially beyond anything I was expecting.

Agreed, and I also thank this forum and both its past and present contributors, too.

On that note, I just realized that supporting members get a shiny badge. Ok, I'm slow but it took awhile but I can afford that now.

For those that said they can't think of any externals factors when I said due to political factors we will likely see sub 370 this week.

Now you know what I meant

Tesla is the giving company. Those who missed their chance are given more opportunities, while the rest munch on popcorn and await the next plot twist.

Weird tactics
Wouldn't it be easier to vote him out if he is in the way of a stimulus deal? Negotiate with the democrats or be the democrats...hmmm.

Weird strategy with a -14 point deficit right now.

Really thought he would want a win before the elections, sending out personal messages like last time to not forget to thank him.

He is swinging for the fences. In his mind he has nothing to lose. That tweet reads like a threat to the voting population. Tesla is holding up well in spite of the weak macros. I guess we needed something to wake up Tesla, it was sleep walking for the past few days lol.

I just sold a 375 PUT expiry Oct 23rd on that dip for 19.00. Also added a Oct 23rd 450 Call in my Roth IRA for 15.75. I like where IV is and I believe it will spike next week.