Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no question about the reason - it was nonpayment.

Google Translate

Question is how that could happen.

If there's anything I've learned following Tesla its *Always question media publications and triple check them for accuracy*

I don't know who this fellow is, but it's the top reply on that thread.....

water.JPG

Lol, there's LOTS of questions:
  1. what water utility bills their customers on a 14 days cycle?
  2. what water utility disconnects a customer after 14 days?
  3. what water utility sends multiple notices within a 14 day span?
  4. what water utility is being lied about by TSLA short sellers?
  5. what evidence is there that the water was actually turned off?
  6. (other than that single-sourced 'story, that is)
This was pure B.S. from the very start. Surprised you were taken in so easily. :p

1. The period from final warning to cutting the water supply is 14 days. There were several warnings. I guess Tesla is late by some months. (I live in Germany and we're not trigger happy in regards of cutting the water/electricity)
2. see 1.
3. see 1.
4. what shorts sellers? This is just a plain dump mistake by Tesla
5. none, but the official spokesperson of the utility said so.
6. It's a statement from the spokesperson of the utility. This source should be enough.

Don't get me wrong, this is a non problem and will be fixed soon. But it's free fodder for critics. Such things should be avoided by Tesla.

This was pure B.S. from the very start. Surprised you were taken in so easily. :p

Come on. So your story is US short sellers bribed a small German water utility to give a wrong press statement to local media :confused:? The only point you seem to have is 5, they might have given the press statement as a very last warning. That´s it from me. Believe whatever you want.

On top of that the local German source standing at the Giga Berlin said the water is flowing and construction ongoing

I believe there is another reason for this media report and the statement from the speaker. The water supplier is pretty pissed because they received a lot of pressure after it became apparent that their previous position that they cannot supply the water was not founded on facts but opinions. The environmental authorities from Brandenburg did explain to them that this makes so sense as the water supply is within the average for a manufacturer of that size and the have enough supply to deliver.

Weeks later the utility had to accept that they made wrong statement. After that and because contracts have still been in review from Tesla they defined a payment deadline of 14 days which is usually in Germany against the law. You can't stop water supply as it's a critical element. It's simply a no go.

Since Giga4 a YouTuber confirmed that he has seen water is flowing today despite other media reports that claim the water utility told them they stopped supply it's unclear to me what is happening here but the water utility and Tesla may have a fight behind the scenes.

Its all a nothing burger I believe.

https://twitter.com/Gf4Tesla/status/1316757390616858624

Last edited:
On top of that the local German source standing at the Giga Berlin said the water is flowing and construction ongoing

I believe there is another reason for this media report and the statement from the speaker. The water supplier is pretty pissed because they received a lot of pressure after it became apparent that their previous position that they cannot supply the water was not founded on facts but opinions. The environmental authorities from Brandenburg did explain to them that this makes so sense as the water supply is within the average for a manufacturer of that size and the have enough supply to deliver.

Weeks later the utility had to accept that they made wrong statement. After that and because contracts have still been in review from Tesla they defined a payment deadline of 14 days which is usually in Germany against the law. You can't stop water supply as it's a critical element. It's simply a no go.

Since Giga4 a YouTuber confirmed that he has seen water is flowing today despite other media reports that claim the water utility told them they stopped supply it's unclear to me what is happening here but the water utility and Tesla may have a fight behind the scenes.

Its all a nothing burger I believe.
A "tempest in a teapot". Tempest in a teapot - Wikipedia

Daily Roundup Preview: 14 October
Posts from 14 Oct 00:18 GMT to 14 Oct 23:52 GMT
Votes as of 15 Oct 17:02 GMT

Go here to see today's full Roundtable Roundup!

Top 25 Informative + Helpful

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
willow_hiller
40 | Link ➤

14 Oct 19:09
It case it was missed, along side the Model S tweet Elon also just tweeted that 7 seat Model Y production starts in November, deliveries start in December https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1316454693489516545?s=21
gabeincal
39 | Link ➤

14 Oct 4:18
Fremont flyover from today as requested. Not quite sure what my takeaway is, but here you go:

Kato parking lot was cleaned up for Battery day and they're back at it again. Lots of work ongoing
Giga Press 1 now has a chimney and lots of rear cast pieces lying around - no sign of whether the press is...
JBRR
24 | Link ➤

14 Oct 11:11
Target Px increased to 450 USD by Goldman Sachs
Todesbuckler
21 | Link ➤

14 Oct 11:28
Stanford University organizes this Friday a symposium about "Sustainable Supply Chain for Batteries" from 7:00-9:00am Pacific Time (14:00-16:00 GMT)

Guest are JB Straubel, Celina Mikolajczak (Panasonic North America) and Heiko Urtel (BASF).

There will be a live stream and registration is free and ...
agastya
20 | Link ➤

14 Oct 18:44
there's incredible call volume today in the upper 400s-500 strike prices.
Buckminster
18 | Link ➤

14 Oct 18:08
Been waiting for this:
RobStark
17 | Link ➤

14 Oct 11:45
Sept 2020 PEV Best Sellers

In the brands ranking, the leader is, as always, Renault (25%), with the runner-up Peugeot (19%, down 2%) losing some ground to the #1, while Tesla (6%, up 1%) has surpassed the local maker DS (5%), becoming the new Bronze medalist.

EV Sales: France September 2020
Artful Dodger
17 | Link ➤

14 Oct 11:59
TSLA 07:10 10/14/20

Tesla price target raised to $450 from $400 at Goldman Sachs Goldman Sachs analyst Mark Delaney raised the firm's price target on Tesla to $450 from $400 to reflect his more positive auto industry view. The analyst, who keeps a Neutral rating on Tesla shares, believes that compa...
ZeApelido
14 | Link ➤

14 Oct 22:58
Hmm....

https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1316469954527535106?s=20
lascavarian
13 | Link ➤

14 Oct 12:09
Ron Barron on CNBC seems to be still expecting 5X more to go with Tesla.
new_sneakers
13 | Link ➤

14 Oct 5:08
Regarding EU regulatory credits:

It's the last quarter of 2020. This year manufacturers get a credit for an imaginary car alongside their credit for every electric car they sell (emitting less than 50g/km CO2).

Next year, they have to sell two such cars to add an imaginary car's credit (and in 20...
Curt Renz
11 | Link ➤

14 Oct 16:27
Ben & Mitch Zacks were regular guests of mine on my old TV show.

Zacks - today: Tesla (TSLA) Earnings Expected to Grow: Should You Buy?

Excerpt:

This electric car maker is expected to post quarterly earnings of $0.54 per share in its upcoming report, which represents a year-over-year change of +4...
Buckminster
10 | Link ➤

14 Oct 18:55
TSLA has only closed higher than this on 2 days.
Artful Dodger
10 | Link ➤

14 Oct 19:11
"Billionaire Investor: Tesla To $2 Trillion (w/Ron Baron)" | Solving The Money Problem (14:54)
dhanson865
8 | Link ➤

14 Oct 15:48
Lucid Motors unveils a $69,900 version of its long-range, luxury electric sedan

possibly in response to Model S price drops from earlier this week?
Driver Dave
8 | Link ➤

14 Oct 13:43
Ron's been very right so far for the past 5 years on TSLA...

Tesla will become a $2 trillion company, says billionaire Tesla shareholder Ron Baron

Key points so you don't have to click...

Billionaire investor Ron Baron believes Tesla will be a $2 trillion company.

The electric auto maker's share...
Artful Dodger
8 | Link ➤

14 Oct 3:43
After-action Report: Tue, Oct 13, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "AAPL Falls Far from Tree; TSLA Rolls Uphill"

Traded: $15,187,756,325.04 ($15.19B)
Volume: 34,169,452
VWAP: $444.48

Close: $446.65 / VWAP: 100.50%
TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP

Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM $416.192B / $184.18B = 225...
StarFoxisDown!
7 | Link ➤

14 Oct 19:41
Lucid is taking into account the tax credit at that $69,900. The actual price is $77,400. Like MP3Mike said, who knows the status of the tax credit 2-3 years from now.
Artful Dodger
7 | Link ➤

14 Oct 15:49
Yep, TSLA kissed that Upper-BB at 465.54 around 11:44 AM

Now let's see if buying interest overcomes selling pressure...

EDIT: /S
Artful Dodger
7 | Link ➤

14 Oct 13:49
6,433,349 shares traded by 09:46 AM, TSLA up +2% to $457

Good (if not crazy) volume may be returning in adv of Earnings.

Cheers!
Artful Dodger
7 | Link ➤

14 Oct 13:30
Here's today's Tech chart from 09:30 EDT:

Cheers!
JBRR
6 | Link ➤

14 Oct 12:29
Watch CNBC's full interview with billionaire investor Ron Baron
StealthP3D
6 | Link ➤

14 Oct 3:25
TSLA will outperform them all over the long run.

When SpaceX solves Mars transport, billionaires will not want to live in a more inhospitable climate than the summit of Everest. Yes, some will pay big bucks and dedicate a year of their life to put another feather in their cap (visited Mars) but it ...
Tim S
5 | Link ➤

14 Oct 20:31
OT: I posted this in The Resource Angle forum but thought people here would be interested...

Just got a call from ETrade offering to pay me a fee to loan out some of my hard-to-borrow shares to shorts. They are talking about PLL. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad sign. Hmm...

Here's a link to ...
mickificki
5 | Link ➤

14 Oct 20:47
{no text}

Come on. So your story is US short sellers bribed a small German water utility to give a wrong press statement to local media :confused:? The only point you seem to have is 5, they might have given the press statement as a very last warning. That´s it from me. Believe whatever you want.
I have the answer.......they don't have the money.

/s

I see HG Wells beat me to the joke.

I don't think Elon wants Lucid to fail. It feels more like "what, you thought it's gonna be easy?". He wants them to have to work hard for it. There's also the matter of the optics of a situation in which people who have left Tesla to work for a newer, competing EV maker can put out a less expensive, longer-range, more luxurious EV. We know Elon is highly competitive (Nurburgring, anyone?), so it makes sense he won't just have Tesla roll over and let the new guys have a free ride.

More significantly for us as investors, though, is the apparent ease with which Tesla is dropping prices on the Model S LR. You know they're not selling those cars for a net loss, but they're still giving up margins for each unit. Why? Maybe because there's a major redesign about to be introduced early in Q1 2021 (why are all these rotten eggs flying in my general direction all of a sudden?). Maybe because Tesla concluded that they're currently wasting a lot of production capacity for the S and X (90k/year, but selling around 2/3rds of that) and it makes sense to improve their COGS on those models by pushing out more units, and that bringing down the starting price doesn't also necessarily bring down total revenue because most buyers spend more on options (cough, FSD) or they go up-range. Whichever it is, this is a money-making exercise, which incidentally allows the memelord to once more release his inner nerdy teenager.
I'd agree as Peter had quite a following at Tesla. And his designs were good. There might be bad blood with Elon and I'm not sure about who exactly left with Peter or who ended up there. But after checking LinkedIn, none of my contacts are currently working there, which I find surprising.

Based on the Twitter dialogue is guess Elon is just being competitive.

FYI: Rob Maurer is interviewing Alex Potter from Piper Sandler now live.

It will include a live Q&A at the end.
Anyone else listening to this? Very informative and educational. I ended up buying more TSLA shares and LEAPs during the discussion. I know I won't regret that in the long run.

I don't think Elon wants Lucid to fail. It feels more like "what, you thought it's gonna be easy?". He wants them to have to work hard for it. There's also the matter of the optics of a situation in which people who have left Tesla to work for a newer, competing EV maker can put out a less expensive, longer-range, more luxurious EV. We know Elon is highly competitive (Nurburgring, anyone?), so it makes sense he won't just have Tesla roll over and let the new guys have a free ride.

Meh. I’m just going with he wants Tesla to be the best, produce the best products, the most bang for the consumers buck, the safest products etc...

Remember he hangs hit hat on pace of innovation. Nobody will beat Tesla on any metric - for long.

So your story is US short sellers bribed a small German water utility to give a wrong press statement to local media :confused:?
Lol, nobody said anything about US short sellers. There are several groups in Germany actively working to slow Tesla's progress. Recall the Court injunction 8 mths ago which caused construction work to be halted for 1 week:

German Court Orders Tesla to Stop Clearing Land at New Factory Site - Tesla Motors Club

"A lower court told Tesla last week that it could clear the trees as it tries to ready ground for the factory build. However, a group called Green League Brandenburg appealed, saying the factory could potentially pollute the area."​

And the result? The higher Court rejected the appeal. So a 1 week delay cost the litigants €8K in Court fees. Mission accomplished.

Was any of this legal effort funded by the auto industry? That's where the real harm lies: not in cutting down trees, but in cutting down sales by German automakers. The Press should investigate.

Water-usage has been another vector of attack against Giga Berlin since the very beginning. The simple fact is that those who are attempting to slow Tesla' progress would also use water in their campaign is blindingly obvious to anyone with open eyes.

h/t to @avoigt for background above: (my summary follows)
  • the water utility exaggerated their previous position that they cannot supply the amount of water
  • Brandenburg environmental authorities said water supply is within the average for a manufacturer of that size, and they have enough supply to deliver the requested water
  • weeks later the utility had to accept that they made a wrong statement
  • because contracts were still in review from Tesla the utility defined a payment deadline of 14 days which is usually against the law in Germany.
  • You can not stop water supply as it's a critical element. It's simply a no go.
So who is causing the bad faith? Who is attempting to slow Tesla's progress at Giga Berlin? Are these the same groups that were behind the February Court Injunction which was found to be baseless?

How come that wasn't in the news-article hit-piece?

Last edited:
Lol, nobody said anything about US short sellers. There are several groups in Germany actively working to slow Tesla's progress. Recall the Court injunction 8 mths ago which caused construction work to be halted for 1 week:

German Court Orders Tesla to Stop Clearing Land at New Factory Site - Tesla Motors Club

"A lower court told Tesla last week that it could clear the trees as it tries to ready ground for the factory build. However, a group called Green League Brandenburg appealed, saying the factory could potentially pollute the area."​

And the result? The higher Court rejected the appeal. So a 1 week delay cost the litigants €8K in Court fees. Mission accomplished.

Was any of this legal effort funded by the auto industry? That's where the real harm lies: not in cutting down trees, but in cutting down sales by German automakers. The Press should investigate.

Water-usage has been another vector of attack against Giga Berlin since the very beginning. The simple fact is that those who are attempting to slow Tesla' progress would also use water in their campaign is blindingly obvious to anyone with open eyes.

h/t to @avoigt for background above: (my summary follows)
  • the water utility exaggerated their previous position that they cannot supply the amount of water
  • Brandenburg environmental authorities said water supply is within the average for a manufacturer of that size, and they have enough supply to deliver the requested water
  • weeks later the utility had to accept that they made a wrong statement
  • because contracts were still in review from Tesla the utility defined a payment deadline of 14 days which is usually against the law in Germany.
  • You can not stop water supply as it's a critical element. It's simply a no go.
So is causing the bad faith? Who is attempting to slow Tesla's progress at Giga Berlin? Are these the same groups that were behind the February Court Injuction which was found to be baseless?

How come that wasn't in the news-article hit-piece?

And this fits into the picture:

I do not believe in a conspiracy theory against Tesla in Germany/EU but in many small ants carrying the same leaf with or without knowing from each other ...

I'd agree as Peter had quite a following at Tesla. And his designs were good. There might be bad blood with Elon and I'm not sure about who exactly left with Peter or who ended up there. But after checking LinkedIn, none of my contacts are currently working there, which I find surprising.

Based on the Twitter dialogue is guess Elon is just being competitive.
To me it seemed that Elon was just countering the implication by Lucid that Peter designed the Model S. Obviously Lucid (and himself) are going to play that up as much as possible, and presumably Elon would have a tendency to downplay that. We all lie on our resumes after all.

And this fits into the picture:

I do not believe in a conspiracy theory against Tesla in Germany/EU but in many small ants carrying the same leaf with or without knowing from each other ...

Add the anti-FSD campaigners to a large and growing list:

From Energy To Transport To Healthcare, Here Are 8 Industries Being Disrupted By Elon Musk And His Companies
  • Aerospace (SpaceX launch svcs, spacecraft + satellite mass production)
  • Automotive & Mobility (Tesla, The Boring Company)
  • Healthcare & Lifesciences (Tesla Medical; Neuralink)
  • Industrials (Grohmann automation, battery technology + manufacturing)
  • Infrastructure & Construction (Tesla Energy + Grid Services, new Factories)
  • TMT - Technology, Media, and Telecom (Starlink, Memelord)
  • Transportation Services (Tesla Network + Autonomy/FSD)
8 Industries Being Disrupted By Elon Musk And His Companies

Last edited: