Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is today. Probably have a bit to do with tsla drop.

ba96d4dc3968fdbb263df1bfba934995.png

This is today. Probably have a bit to do with tsla drop.

ba96d4dc3968fdbb263df1bfba934995.png

is baby charlie going to join that
bunch of blowhards and white collar criminals veiled in fantasy of integrity,
virtue, value, blah blah

the same old scaly spotty thugs as the rest of that whole regime.

dinosaurs who’s tricks are less and less effective as time passes them by.

apply the same curve to those in ev adoption, those in tsla adoption,
to those now being enlightened, and willing to ignore the cast of characters in that circus above. ol jim may win few more battles but he won’t win the war.
...it’s a slow moving train, until it isn’t

Rough math...

Current Model 3 price 38K

Margin 20%

Cost to produce 30,400

Battery Pack 55 kWh - $100 per KWh = 5,500

Cost of rest of car = 25k

Savings from casting etc 3K -22K..

Battery $50 per kWh. = 2,750

Cost to produce = approx. 25k

Add 20% margin $31,250

My maths might be wrong, but 25K seems a long way away...

If someone did that same math on a Model S 5 or 6 years ago, it would look like a $40K car would be impossible. Yet here we are. There must be a lot of other ways to reduce cost.

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
Gary Black speculating that this is why we are down today (warranty bumper issue on Model 3). FUD machine at work I guess.

https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1318554758760833025

Of course he is part of the problem. He is calling it a recall and estimating it is going to cost Tesla almost a billion dollars. But it isn't a recall, at least not at this point. Also, his cost estimate at $3,800/car is way too high.

Of course he is part of the problem. He is calling it a recall and estimating it is going to cost Tesla almost a billion dollars. But it isn't a recall, at least not at this point. Also, his cost estimate at $3,800/car is way too high.
Yes. Maybe $150 per car including labor to fix a car before the issue happens. Only $2000 after the bumper has been ripped off.

Reactions: UrsS
Microsoft partners with SpaceX to connect Azure cloud to Musk's Starlink satellite internet

From CNBC article:
  • Microsoft is partnering with SpaceX to connect the Azure cloud computing network to the growing Starlink satellite internet service offered by Elon Musk’s company.
  • The partnership comes as Microsoft expands into the space industry, with the company a few weeks ago unveiling a new service called Azure Orbital to connect satellites directly to the cloud.
  • Azure Space and the new partnership sets up Microsoft and SpaceX to compete further with Jeff Bezos’ businesses Amazon and Blue Origin, which have announced plans for similar satellite services and more.

Yes. Maybe $150 per car including labor to fix a car before the issue happens. Only $2000 after the bumper has been ripped off.
So they can use the original bumper and fix the problem?

My vin is part of the service bulletin and I live in puddle city Florida. Most likely wouldnt bother getting it fixed because I drove through a puddle at high speed at a rate of about never in my life.