Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is today. Probably have a bit to do with tsla drop.

ba96d4dc3968fdbb263df1bfba934995.png
Notice they put "Gold-coming to a theater near you." dead last on the Agenda before cocktails. There's always someone raving about gold. IMHO, Tesla is the new Gold.

Question on this 13% decline in California. Is this the trick where they pick a month that Tesla doesn't delivery in Ca bc they're loading ships instead? And isn't Q4 normally a good quarter for auto?

If so, I'm tempted to buy more shares (not options - could get stuck in a deep recession for years IMO).

So they can use the original bumper and fix the problem?

My vin is part of the service bulletin and I live in puddle city Florida. Most likely wouldnt bother getting it fixed because I drove through a puddle at high speed at a rate of about never in my life.

Anyone have a link to the TSB? I would like to read more details about the underlying problem.

EDIT - apparently the TSB number is SB-20-12-003 according to this:
Tesla (Sort Of) Recognizes Model 3 Rear Bumper Has A Design Flaw

Still not able to actually find the TSB itself to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOULPEDL
So quiet... Everyone's buying huh...
$420 again?
Not me. No moola. Since the laundry and the couch did not produce any loose change I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to do an IRA to Roth conversion. The Roth is where I do all my trading and it needs to be refilled. Since I'm in that 8-year sweet spot between retirement and having to take social security and rmds, I might as well bite the bullet and get it done.

According to Jim Cramer (I think it was) a few pages back I have about 2 weeks to get it done before the market goes back up.

Of course, as we all know, nobody's predictions hardly ever pertain to TSLA.

• Funny
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
So quiet... Everyone's buying huh...
$420 again?
I thought about it, missed the first drop, but put in a small buy at $422 and it hit. Damn, here I am again, starting to get over my head. At least it’s in a ROTH. I just need to get a minimum of 25% gain in 5 years, maybe 50% after 10 years. I’m not greedy, just late to buying individual stocks.

Not me. No moola. Since the laundry and the couch did not produce any loose change I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to do an IRA to Roth conversion. The Roth is where I do all my trading and it needs to be refilled. Since I'm in that 8-year sweet spot between retirement and having to take social security and rmds, I might as well bite the bullet and get it done.

According to Jim Cramer (I think it was) a few pages back I have about 2 weeks to get it done before the market goes back up.

Of course, as we all know, nobody's predictions hardly ever pertain to TSLA.

Just do your trading in the IRA..?

Lots of capping going on this a.m. On these relatively light volume days, it does not take much effort to cap. Has been happening at $423.00/$423.50 since the successful drive down after TSLA dared to cross $425 a little after 10:30 a.m. EST. Maybe this all coincidence, but it is pretty easy to see when someone follows the trades closely and sees large trades put in and then pulled when the desired result is achieved.

OT

Just do your trading in the IRA..?
That IRA is too big already. 401K's got rolled into it along with what was already there. Once I have to start taking the rmds my tax rate is going to shoot sky high. And who knows what the rates will be by then. Probably best to get it down.

Is there a separate thread about this kind of thing? I don't want to be posting OT.

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal
I thought about it, missed the first drop, but put in a small buy at $422 and it hit. Damn, here I am again, starting to get over my head. At least it’s in a ROTH. I just need to get a minimum of 25% gain in 5 years, maybe 50% after 10 years. I’m not greedy, just late to buying individual stocks.

You have plenty of time so don't rush it. The fact that you bought any today is a good sign you'll be rewarded much sooner than you realize. 25% in 5 yrs, you'll easily beat that if you just ignore it from now on.

I used to feel like I'm over my head at times, until I realize that I'm equally pleased when it goes on sale as when it shoots up (almost). If you feel you're in deeper than desired, you probably are, for you, but it does take a little guts. When I feel this way, I shift a bit more to cash on the upswings. This is important so you can buy with Glee on these days! There should be no hesitation today... except I'm a bit over myself as I bought a bit early past few days. But I made my play and now we watch the fireworks.

OT

That IRA is too big already. 401K's got rolled into it along with what was already there. Once I have to start taking the rmds my tax rate is going to shoot sky high. And who knows what the rates will be by then. Probably best to get it down.

Is there a separate thread about this kind of thing? I don't want to be posting OT.

Yes. How much $ to retire and how to fund your lifestyle in retirement

And you and I would be in the same boat. There are some good suggestions on some strategies to minimize the RMD situation.

Anyone have a link to the TSB? I would like to read more details about the underlying problem.

EDIT - apparently the TSB number is SB-20-12-003 according to this:
Tesla (Sort Of) Recognizes Model 3 Rear Bumper Has A Design Flaw

Still not able to actually find the TSB itself to read.

Electrek had it posted in Scribd, it seems to have been removed, but I can still view it. Here is a snapshot of the details:

Model 3 Bumper TSB.png

It will likely show up on NHTSA site eventually.

It lists that it takes 0.8 hours to repair if the most possible parts are damaged from the drive through standing water.

@Singuy note it is only a repair TSB, not preventative. So they wouldn't do anything to your car unless you drive through standing water and have parts damaged.