Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the FSD beta videos posted tonight are damn good IMHO, because, they are at NIGHT!

Elon has been saying his car can do this for a long time, nobody believes, now we got to see it for real.

Forget about the “one-time” GLJ, forget about the blow out quarter with amazing margin, forget about the 1.4B cash flow and 14B cash reserve.

In the grand scheme of things, FSD is THE thing that happened today, with that, all other things seems tiny.

Not sure about the SP movements for the rest of this week, but I am damn sure about the movements for the next year and decade.

George Hotz, who thinks Tesla will win the race, in another great inteview:

0:00 - Introduction 2:31 - Will human civilization destroy itself? 5:18 - Where are the aliens? 10:05 - Tic Tac UFO and Bob Lazar 12:33 - Conspiracy theories 14:36 - The programming language of life 18:57 - The games that humans play 27:27 - Memory leaks in the simulation 29:58 - Theories of everything 31:43 - Ethereum startup story 39:30 - Cryptocurrency 48:57 - Self-help advice 52:37 - Comma.ai 54:30 - Comma two 1:03:19 - Tesla vs Comma.ai 1:12:22 - Driver monitoring 1:26:03 - Communicating uncertainty 1:27:51 - Tesla Dojo 1:34:19 - Tesla Autopilot big rewrite 1:40:37 - How to install the Comma Two 1:45:13 - Openpilot is Android & Autopilot is iOS 1:54:28 - Waymo 2:05:41 - Autonomous driving and society 2:07:53 - Moving 2:10:58 - Advice to Startups 2:24:00 - Programming setup 2:27:01 - Ideas that changed my life 2:35:06 - GPT-3 2:38:26 - AGI 2:42:29 - Programming languages that everyone should learn 2:49:02 - How to learn anything 2:51:34 - Book recommendations 2:59:57 - Love 3:01:46 - Psychedelics 3:04:07 - Crazy

All the FSD beta videos posted tonight are damn good IMHO, because, they are at NIGHT!

Elon has been saying his car can do this for a long time, nobody believes, now we got to see it for real.

Forget about the “one-time” GLJ, forget about the blow out quarter with amazing margin, forget about the 1.4B cash flow and 14B cash reserve.

In the grand scheme of things, FSD is THE thing that happened today, with that, all other things seems tiny.

Not sure about the SP movements for the rest of this week, but I am damn sure about the movements for the next year and decade.
I would bet that not only Elon but a number of his employees and staff have been driving vehicles with this beta in it for months. I would also bet that he already has a test drive by a prominent magazine or writer in the can that can discuss the accolades of the new FSD. Mark my words...

And now I'm going to bed, see you in the morning!

Target Px increased to 455 USD by Goldman Sachs
Upgraded to Market Outperform by JMP Securities, TgPx: 516 USD
Upgraded to Outperform by Baird, TgPx: 488 USD (↑8.44%)
Target Px increased to 419 USD by Canaccord Genuity
Target Px increased to 339 USD by RBC Capital Markets

c4da75e12fbadf8791603a08f1891ff4.png

Honestly, I am surprised it is only 2K.

I am soooo glad I bought FSD on my Model 3 back in '18, and even more so, glad I got FSD on my Cybertruck reservation.

My Cybertruck will be the last vehicle I buy because I won't be able to afford FSD in the future and more importantly, I won't buy a vehicle without it.

So proud of Tesla, it's employees, and all the longs that have stood by the company over the last decade.

Dan

Last edited:
They don't and they won't. Not in the foreseeable future. Pointless, since the problem of interacting with vehicles that can't be communicated with must be completely solved regardless. Since they are going to put massive effort into ensuring no collisions regardless, why waste effort on inter-vehicle communications?
Inter-vehicle communication will become critical for getting vehicles out of the way when an ambulance is trying to get through a traffic jam. Many cars ahead can be collaborating on forming an empty stretch of road.

Amazing results last night! I keep thinking back to 2013 when I first bought my car. Tesla was a one-factory, one-product company... the Model S. I think there were less than 10 Supercharger sites. No solar panels or roof, battery storage, Model X (though it was announced), 3, Y, Semi, Roadster or Cybertruck. No gigafactories anywhere, and now they have six sites including Fremont and 2,000 Supercharger sites around the world. How far they have come in 7 years! (and then... Battery Day... wowzer)

Amazing post from The Accountant showing profitability no matter what!

Amazing FSD videos!

Amazing FSD price increase to $10,000!!!

Mind blown.

Last edited:
TBH I'm not a huge fan of pricing FSD out of the market, I can't imagine many new buyers stumping up $10k until it's really proved itself and even then it's a bit ask for someone not exploiting their car commercially.

So a subscription model is needed ASAP IMO.
If I'm blind, or handicapped, or elderly, and can no longer drive,, what's it worth?

Dan

If I'm blind, or handicapped, or elderly, and can no longer drive,, what's it worth?

Dan

TBH I don't think these people neither have the means for that sort of expenditure, so a subscription would be better.

Also, and idea, Tesla can offer a steep discount to people with real needs - that would be a nice humanitarian gesture.

I'm going to suggest this to Elon..

TBH I'm not a huge fan of pricing FSD out of the market, I can't imagine many new buyers stumping up $10k until it's really proved itself and even then it's a bit ask for someone not exploiting their car commercially.

So a subscription model is needed ASAP IMO.
I am sure Tesla has some good reason, but I agree. Imo they should just price it at $10k and keep it there for 2021. That would bring in plenty of money, get a good adoption rate and increase the chance that they win robotaxi, drive sales of Model 3/Y and Model 2 etc. If they get supply constrained for vehicles they should make FSD standard and increase the price by $5k or whatever they need to increase the price to get shipping times to below 3months.

TBH I don't think these people neither have the means for that sort of expenditure, so a subscription would be better.

Also, and idea, Tesla can offer a steep discount to people with real needs - that would be a nice humanitarian gesture.

I'm going to suggest this to Elon..

Do that! Can you imagine the good-will this would produce? And the actual good this would do?

Do you all remember this clip here?

I would really like to see that happening!

My god man, you sold all your shares of TSLA?! :eek:

:p

Honestly, I am surprised it is only 2K.

I am soooo glad I bought FSD on my Model 3 back in '18, and even more so, glad I got FSD on my Cybertruck reservation.

My Cybertruck will be the last vehicle I buy because I won't be able to afford FSD in the future and more importantly, I won't buy a vehicle without it.

So proud of Tesla, it's employees, and all the longs that have stood by the company over the last decade.

Dan