Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's see where we open and how VI looks in early trading. How can I not buy Jan15 calls to play S&P inclusion and another mega-squeeze?

Now that we're here, who in their right mind is selling at $600? $550B market cap now seems way too early an exit, even 2 years before the financials merit the SP.

People STILL don't even put a value on Energy for god's sake!

What?

You had available funds for 100 shares?
What kinda bearish viewes have you had?

I got myself 3 more shares today.. been all in for ages. :)
not bearish ... just not comfortable with % of TSLA in portfolio .. however FSD improvements increases confidence
just freed up some cash in 401K ... was waiting for the step change with FSD ... it is here now ...

tony sacconaghi

the only reason tesla profitable is zev credits

becky quick said the credits come from national and state authorities as rewards for being green

not sure who’s more full of sh!t, or awkward for that matter, becky or joe k
and tony sacc...sorry but you are a bonehead
as goes for fields yesterday. the ford fool.

5.2% of auto rev was credits
4.5% of total rev was credits

the credits are already 10s of cents on the $

what are they supposed to do with them? they should build a bonfire with the credits?

if it was GM you’d be touting them for being so savvy to turn the credits into showering profits.

i think it’s jealousy of 27% gm
and 23.5%gm post credit

proving currently elon has the better mousetrap than what has now become of the generations of industrial revolution.

vertical int is the new outsourcing
engineering, hardware, software, mechanics

8.7b rev

when 3/Y cyber are full tilt in all locations, that’s probably double - then semi and other, and “2”
and energy etc etc
double and double again

jeezus, the writings on the wall.
get over the menial bs credits.
and while we’re at it. get over the S&P, who cares about it. more good ol boy private cigar room BS. screw em.

we focus on the 5% - what about the 95%????

Last edited:
not bearish ... just not comfortable with % of TSLA in portfolio .. however FSD improvements increases confidence
just freed up some cash in 401K ... was waiting for the step change with FSD ... it is here now ...

I have to admit, I did the same last month.

Scrounged enough for 30 new shares, to add to my old ones. Sold some generic funds, and move the last savings over to Tesla.

Battery day was what did it for me.

Also made me set aside enough cash each month for an aditional 3 shares. Slow and steady combined with HODL does it. ;-)

(been hodl for 8 years, but havent bought fresh stock until last month)

People STILL don't even put a value on Energy for god's sake!

Nor on FSD
Nor on Tesla Network
Nor on Insurance
Nor on The Boring Company scaling to use a ton of Teslas
Nor on Electric Aircraft
Nor on Electric Boats
Nor on HVAC
Nor on Distributed Dojo
Nor on a potential GPU business to compete with Nvidia
Nor on helping other companies manufacture stuff (RNA/DNA, others)
etc. etc. etc.

I have to admit, I did the same last month.

Scrounged enough for 30 new shares, to add to my old ones. Sold some generic funds, and move the last savings over to Tesla.

Battery day was what did it for me.

Also made me set aside enough cash each month for an aditional 3 shares. Slow and steady combined with HODL does it. ;-)

(been hodl for 8 years, but havent bought fresh stock until last month)
agree battery day + FSD .... FSD is something people can understand ...and we are still not accounting for energy business :D

been accumulating since 2018.... last 25 shares in September ... will continue to buy and hold ... slow and steady wins

Reactions: capster
Look people, it's bad that Tesla's competitors are paying for their new factories. Once those credits dry up, Tesla will be in big trouble because they will have several extra factories pumping out cars that they didn't need to pay for. o_O

On a serious note, if FSD is as good as promised and as the early videos suggest, I think we will see a wave of analysts deciding that the robotaxi play is more likely than not. Ark's golden goose scenario is looking good.