Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA in Germany currently down 0.7%-ish - €346 = $408.8

View attachment 607887

Doesn't look like any panic selling.

Some big block trades, looks like someone want to get out in pre-trading...

15E7FEA1-BB47-416C-9CA4-552CB90C4034.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420
Some big block trades, looks like someone want to get out in pre-trading...

View attachment 607889

Oh well, looks like I can't do a block sale in Germany according to Fidelity: :D

Note: All international stocks must be sold on the same exchange where you originally purchased the shares. For example, if you purchase 100 shares of Nestlé* on the French exchange and you decide to sell those shares, you must do so on the French exchange. This is true even if the company trades on more than one exchange in different markets. You can learn more on our International Stock Trading page and by reviewing the FAQs.​

Will need to hibernate or play dead and wake up in 2030 to see what happened!

Taiwanese FW (first wife inside joke there is no 2nd one - yet!) already wants access to swing-trade 10% of our shares. Claims she has a "feel" for the stock after watching it roller coaster for several months. I told her to watch out I think we're going to get added to S&P 500 during Dec. 2020 or March 2021 rebalancing. If her 10% is in cash and not in $TSLA we'll be screwed.

Point of interest: Just got e-mailed by Tesla ([email protected]) offering InsureMyTesla insurance for my MS.

Strange.... it's not Tesla insurance (rather BavariaDirect, a subsidiary of a German bank) and it's not managed by Tesla either - in fact it's managed by an insurance broker.

Only interesting thing is that they state that thanks to Autopilot you receive a discount on their standard rate.

First review of the offer is not interesting - >20% higher than my current rate.

I wonder if Tesla Insurance will ever make it's way here.
Tesla Insurance is hiring in Europe:

Careers | Tesla

Program Manager, Insurance Pricing Actuary & Data (m/w/d)

Location Berlin, Berlin

"Tesla is looking for an exceptional and experienced pricing actuary to develop motor insurance products across our European markets and the UK. We are developing the next generation of insurance products protecting Tesla owners, enhancing their ownership experience and lowering total cost of ownership. The Program Manager, Pricing & Data, will work alongside our underwriting, data science and engineering teams to rethink how a motor insurance product is best designed with the customer in mind first."

Fremont flyover Nov-12
  • Beautiful fall colors this evening
  • At 5:43, we can see the red Semi pulling a load similar to the test load seen on public roads, but not the same
  • At 6:06 we can see the second gigapress in motion

Enjoy

My intuition seems to have been correct (except for the side walls of the enclosure... so far).
F062BD8D-3638-4FF1-9051-B68516ABBC80.jpeg

As soon as the world wakes to understand that Nickel is going exactly the same road as oil, the western world will diversify rather quickly.
During the Oil boom, the OPEC controlled huge reserves and the west had no choice but to deal with it. This time around, it is Indonesia and Philipines. Just for this fact, I believe that many canadian mines would come to life in a span of 5-10 years to not let Indonesia/Philipines become so powerful in controlling the supply chain.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 12.02.00.png

P.S. If we want to understand Tesla lets think about what Elon wants. Elon does not want dirty nickel. Indonesia's HPAL method is so freaking dirty that it almost negates carbon emission efficiency acquired by switching to electric and puts it all in the nickel production. I am still doing research to find out if Indonesia's ore can be directly converted without the step for metal sulphates. According to battery day, this has to be a major criteria to be able to get a contract from TESLA. I will publish some research very soon

Somebody tell him to err on the safe side.
His mom is >70 and he meets dozens people per day.

I'm hoping he tweeted this news in the first place because he's no longer planning on attending the crewed SpaceX launch this weekend. If he had not said anything and didn't show up at the launch, rumors would have started swirling.

Meanwhile NIO is up another 8%. I second the sentiments above, I hope Elon takes this seriously. His past comments on the virus suggest otherwise. (glad to see he is changing plans)
Lol the first 100 billion dollar car company without a factory.

I think their pop is linked to xpeng's ER. So far everyone is rewarding these companies 30 billion dollars valuation for having sales...

Last edited:
Fun video. My only complaint is the one shot they have of a car display charging it says “30 minutes remaining”. Most of my supercharging is only 15 minutes and I wish they would have shown a lower time remaining.
It's pretty normal to set the charge limit to 100% so that no charges after charging completed occur, and then just leave when there is enough charge.

Thanks for the info. Sure seemed that way, no foresight at all on MB's part and I bet they are regretting now. Was surprised to see how small the battery was in it... pretty obvious it was just there for compliance purposes. Oh well, helped Tesla out when they needed it!
My understanding is that Mercedes limited the amount of usable battery so that it would never show degradation, not that the battery was actually small. (I certainly agree that it was just for compliance purposes.)

• Informative
Reactions: capster and wipster