Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
reality would be the chart in terms of Percentage.....

Yep. I always use a logarithmic chart for longer time periods:

upload_2020-11-27_10-39-22.png

In this logarithmic chart, those early days 2011-2012 look just almost as good as recent performance except for one thing. I was fully aware of Tesla since before it went public and had plenty of investment capital when they did. But I couldn't buy any because the chance of them failing was far too high. But had I known more about Elon, his tenacity, his first-principles thinking and his ability to get momentously difficult things done, I might have bought a few shares. But not as many as I felt very comfortable buying last summer. The risk/reward was much more favorable last year and thus I was able to commit a much larger portion of my assets to a single stock.

This is one thing we can thank TSLAQ for. If they only knew how much money they helped us make, they would *sugar* their pants! All that hard work and look where it got them! :p

I had $35 left in my ROTH settlement account, so put in a buy order last night for 12/04 850c at $0.34. It executed. Now I’m glued to the screen for the next week. Edit: I’m up 80% in minutes, compounding that over the year, I’ve got all the money in the universe. Take that Bill Gates.

Edit: I also put in a GTC sell covered call 12/31 900c at $500. If someone wants to make me a Teslanaire by year end, who am I to deny them? .:p:eek::D:oops::rolleyes: I’m not really sure what emoji works for those trade.

I see there are cheaper calls at 875/900/950. What is your reasoning for buying that 850 call?

Another interesting tweet from Gary Black affecting deadlines for a possible squeeze:

Important: Since TSLA inclusion is effective before market 12/14 and 12/21, indexers should have full positions in place by Friday 12/11 and 12/18 at end of trading.

https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1332379438059819008

What is the deal with BNEF? I just saw some clown reference their projection for EV's as a % of new car sales. They have it crossing 50%.......in 2040!

How could you possibly look at the market and think it'll take beyond 2030 to hit 50%. ICE purchases will literally be banned in half the markets by then. It's bordering on disinformation, I refuse to believe this is their collective estimate.

Lost about $20k. On that trade. Sigh...
Tried to warn you and others- My rule is not to sell covered calls when the stock is climbing steady.

I sold a few shares this week just to take some profits off the table. I have a half dozes limit sells over the next couple weeks. There will be plenty of opportunity to buy back when the next crises hits and if not, I think I will be fine with the cash in others that are still climbing. My sell orders only represent 1.5% of my holdings.

Last time I saw a company do so well was when I started buying Amazon and Apple. Both are still #2 and #3 in my holdings.

Actually yesterday's reporting was even worse:

H1: 9.3
H2: 6.0
H3: 3.9
H4: 3.6
H5: 3.4
H6: 3.0
H7: 2.4
Total: 31.6
Reported Total: 48.9

Well the first couple of hours yesterday was a capping exercise at $550, so this might have facilitated a lot of buying for someone trying to accumulate, along with a lot of selling trying to keep it down, once the lid was blown, the volume settled down.

$DJI +0.1%
COMP +0.9%
SPX +0.2%

NKLA -7.6%
GM -0.9%
F +0.1%
FCAU +0.3%

TSLA +2.0%

A fourth consecutive session of TSLA all-time intraday and closing highs :cool:

Curt, I love that song!!!

You're not alone. "In the Mood" has sold the most recordings of any non-holiday song.

When I appeared in a 2010 community theater version of "The Man Who Came to Dinner" set in the early forties, it was played during intermission, and the audiences stood up and cheered. Despite being written over 80 years ago, it sure has staying power. :cool:

No. Mostly its FIFO - First In First Out.
For ETrade it's Last In First Out, but I agree with @Knightshade that you can call your broker and get them to change the lots ex post facto. To do this (again, speaking only of ETrade) you need a good record of what your tax lots were before the call took them away. I generally just avoid the problem.

• Love
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
Tesla is now #6 in the USA having just passed BRK this morning.

Next up is FB at $794B. I think #5 is quite possible in 2021.

No offense to anyone holding FB, but I can’t understand how it’s STILL worth more than Tesla. It’s basically a webpage with a thumbs-up button and the most complicated logic is that if I know Joey, and Jesus knows Joey, then I know Jesus.

Meanwhile, Tesla is transforming the world and teaching cars to drive themselves. TSLA is clearly not overvalued at this level.

Last edited:
HiCost is even better if you trade regularly -
View attachment 612344
Thanks for posting this. You made me go search ETrade to see if they had this. They don't, but I found that there is a way to go in online and change the lots that were selected. Now I don't have to call them!

Right before the bottom of the hour, CNBC felt the need to mention the minor Tesla recall. For any other company, such a recall would be a non-event. I get that Tesla is high profile, but does seem odd to mention, especially when the timing of the mention by CNBC is taken into account. TSLA saw about a $6 decline right after the CNBC mention.
Not odd at all. CNBC never mentions Tesla in a positive light if they can at all possibly avoid it. They really like to mention any flaws or perceived flaws. Tesla doesn't pay their advertising ransom, so they have a motive.