Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Urban Superchargers are one solution for people without charging at home.
These will not be free but will be cheaper than gas.

A second option is paid destination charging, now the site can recover costs and make a small profit that is more attractive and hence more paid destination charging in cities is a likely outcome.

In both cases, electricity is cheaper than petrol and more efficient.

This problem is already well solved via the re-lamping of urban street lights from incandescent to LED bulbs. The difference in energy consumption means that an EVSE can provide the surplus power capacity already built into the lighting system to charge EVs on the street overnight. Billing is even built into the EVSE.

1,300 street lights converted to EV chargers in London

The negative environmental impact of petrol gas stations with burried tanks are an Environmental Engineers nightmare. [...] To this day it remains undeveloped vacant land although real estate prices have increased by 400% in the interim.

In my neighborhood it has been disclosed by one of those oil companies that the 400% increase is the exact reason they are not selling. My guess is that they will need that cash pretty soon.

So maybe this isn't because of a new PT? It was mentioned that a million dollars or shares were done in last night's AH's if I remember right? Maybe this is something bigger?
I Am sorta thinking it could be the next FSD upgrade is going to be unsettling Why? Well someone pointed out that the free three months of FSD for those that bought the last three days of 2019 would start on a specific date in mid January. Maybe there is truth to his musing that the reason the Free FSD would happen then was because a massive improvement in FSD was coming out.
And even if that is not the case there is the issue with a large trade (amount) happening yesterday AHs.
Could be the Georgia Senatorial races being predicted by the purchaser.

My parents got the three months of FSD on their new model Y. It was turned on the very next day January 1. She also got a free year supercharging and that will be turned on January 15 according to our local Tesla Rep.

So, Lodger. How do Hiro & Co determine the optimum time for another split. Is there a “max naked-short meter” anywhere?

IMHO, back in August the 'go' signal was the release of the July 31, 2020 Short Interest report. I think it was within days of the announcment of the 5:1 split, which obviously was locked'n'loaded just waiting for the BoD to pull the trigger.

Let's see what the Dec 31 SI report says when it comes out. The Dec 15 showed near ATH SI in dollar value, although down slightly in share percentage. So a big jump in shorting my trigger the smak down.

Either way, Tesla has the same valid reasons to make the share price more affordable for retail investors and employee stock options. The split is inevitable; it's just about timing now.

Cheers!

A shout out to Tesla Norway. Seems like they timed their deliveries almost perfect. After delivering numbers in the 3-4 hundreds the last week before the New Year they delivered 0 Monday and 8 Tuesday.

It's a broken growth story.

upload_2021-1-5_16-21-52.jpeg

The negative environmental impact of petrol gas stations with burried tanks are an Environmental Engineers nightmare. Even if the large u/g gas tanks are excavated and removed, the property likely remains contaminated and very unlikely for re-development. Over 15 years ago a gas station near my home closed and had its structures and tanks removed. To this day it remains undeveloped vacant land although real estate prices have increased by 400% in the interim.

View attachment 624706
Sounds like a perfect spot for a supercharger

IMHO, back in August the 'go' signal was the release of the July 31, 2020 Short Interest report. I think it was within days of the announcment of the 5:1 split, which obviously was locked'n'loaded just waiting for the BoD to pull the trigger.

Let's see what the Dec 31 SI report says when it comes out. The Dec 15 showed near ATH SI in dollar value, although down slightly in share percentage. So a big jump in shorting my trigger the smak down.

Either way, Tesla has the same valid reasons to make the share price more affordable for retail investors and employee stock options. The split is inevitable; it's just about timing now.

Cheers!
Maybe that’s why, among many other reasons, that buying has significantly increased today and yesterday - people seeing a split as highly likely very soon.

You sold 900 calls for over a year from now? Sorry bro, but you probably ought to get out of them asap.
I got no problem selling 100 shares at $900, only sold 1 contract at that strike. Did this one "near strike" contract in lieu of selling any shares at inclusion "peak". Certainly no sillier than the many folks who sold $615 to $695 a couple weeks back.

One of the best pieces of advice thrown around here is to sell covered calls when you're thinking about paring down your holdings a bit. I sold a bunch of other cc's out to 2023 @ $1,200 and $1,300. Will sell those shares with a smile on my face if I have to. That's selling at a $1T+ market cap.......the plan a lot of people here had for 2024/25 in an absolute best case scenario just 13 months ago.

Mania is grabbing hold here, most of the long time posters seems to stay quiet while the newly wealthy just keep cheering and buying weekly calls for seemingly no reason. I think we're in for a 2022 dip into 2023. My hope is that if I'm forced to sell significant shares at $1200, I'll be able to buy back at $800 within a reasonable amount of time. Corrections happen, global recessions happen.

I think the automotive/FSD valuation is here and we won't see the next sustained leg up until the energy side is figured out by the wider market around 2023/24. Sometime soon the market will want to see a P/E below 1k, perhaps once Austin and Berlin are up and fulling running.

You are incorrect. The volume bars circled are 1:26 and 1:48. Those are the the minutes the SP broke above 740 after consolidating. I was watching it happen real-time; peek above 740, and a surge of volume hitting the bid. Check the chart in your own platform.

The fact that there was also such support makes me wonder how thick the Chinese wall is at MS, though.

View attachment 624713

You are not showing the trading at 11:34 and 11:35, both periods breached $740 and had a single volume spike at 11:32 according to a Schwab chart. The only other breaches of $740 on my Schwab chart are showing at 1:27 and 1:49, which is one minute after the volume spikes you detail above. If this data is accurate, the price spike happened after the volume spike, not before.

I suppose it's possible the data is imperfect on one of our platforms. I won't swear the Schwab data is better or worse because I don't trade frequently enough for such things to matter.

• Funny
Reactions: EVortex
I got no problem selling 100 shares at $900, only sold 1 contract at that strike. Did this one "near strike" contract in lieu of selling any shares at inclusion "peak". Certainly no sillier than the many folks who sold $615 to $695 a couple weeks back.

One of the best pieces of advice thrown around here is to sell covered calls when you're thinking about paring down your holdings a bit. I sold a bunch of other cc's out to 2023 @ $1,200 and $1,300. Will sell those shares with a smile on my face if I have to. That's selling at a $1T+ market cap.......the plan a lot of people here had for 2024/25 in an absolute best case scenario just 13 months ago.

Mania is grabbing hold here, most of the long time posters seems to stay quiet while the newly wealthy just keep cheering and buying weekly calls for seemingly no reason. I think we're in for a 2022 dip into 2023. My hope is that if I'm forced to sell significant shares at $1200, I'll be able to buy back at $800 within a reasonable amount of time. Corrections happen, global recessions happen.

I think the automotive/FSD valuation is here and we won't see the next sustained leg up until the energy side is figured out by the wider market around 2023/24. Sometime soon the market will want to see a P/E below 1k, perhaps once Austin and Berlin are up and fulling running.

FYI: A 15% increase every quarter (from the current $750 / share price point) in 2021 would result in a $1300 / share price by eoy.

...just to play with some calculations.