Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today might be my biggest one-day again, and in fact, my one-day gain today is nearly as big as what my entire portfolio was at during the low of May 2019.

Same for me - single biggest gain in one day on my portfolio. And my gain today is larger than my entire portfolio value from May 2019 - because I am a lot more concentrated in TSLA now.
In fact, this may be the largest increase in 1 day in total $ amount for TSLA stock. This is a gain of $300 in pre-split prices! :eek::D:D:D:D:D

My li'l pea brain is having a hard time digesting this week's share price action. I've been investing since I was 10, when my dad taught me how to invest in Disney with my birthday money, and I have never been a part of anything like this before!
gotta say i don't think any of us have .....saving the planet is a pretty new concept in business ..
it turns out people want to survive:rolleyes:

Here is how we finished in market cap rankings on 07 Jan 2021,

1...AAPL....$2,202.50
2...MSFT....$1,650.38
3...AMZN...$1,586.62
4...GOOG...$1,204.43
5...TSLA ...$773.52
6...FB.........$765.45

$800B will occur at $844 (excluding the cap raise).

So much for "FAANG" in fact the "N" is 26th on the market cap list!

Can we now drop FB completely, along with N? I truly dislike FB - it has no business being here. So we keep only AMAGT

Same for me - single biggest gain in one day on my portfolio. And my gain today is larger than my entire portfolio value from May 2019 - because I am a lot more concentrated in TSLA now.
In fact, this may be the largest increase in 1 day in total $ amount for TSLA stock. This is a gain of $300 in pre-split prices! :eek::D:D:D:D:D

This perspective is so crazy. Just now the stock is up ANTOHER $10 in the after market. That's $50 pre split! That's more gain per share than I think I had over the first 4 or 5 years of owning TSLA!

Probably be 11 bags by the end of the day the way things have been going
The best bag is no bag:
tenor.gif

okay 800 per share is gonna happen . Who is going to buy more share at 800?
Me when I sell / exercise my LEAPs.
Shorts are abandoning this ship and that alone provides me with so much comfort. Do AAPL holders worry it's gonna crash when macros turn sour? We eat 10, 20% crashes for breakfast yo.
Still 5.8% of float - not much change.

I don’t think people are comprehending these numbers.
That's probably a good thing...
Disappointing stories reveal what it's really like to win the lottery

827 AH!

OT:

care to share where you sourced it? I could of course just do the same with tesla tequila :D
I was fortunate enough to be told about 9 years ago from a dear friend in Asia that the supply of all Jap whisky's would be 'short squeezed' so i bought several bottles of Yamazaki 18, Hibiki 17, 21, and 30. I was also fortunate to buy some Kurizawa bottles which have since 10x in value. :)

Reactions: LST and Etna
Getting too close for comfort to the $1100 sell order I have on my shares. Better up it to $3000 while I'm thinking about it...

Just before the inclusion date in Dec, I set a good til canceled sell order at $3500. It was definitely not something I expected but figured I'd put it "just in case "

I did see an event like that happen with bitcoin in 2013 or 2014. I think it was around $800 a coin then but overnight two coins sold for something like $11,000 each. Theory was some whale was buying and went thru most of the available sell book quickly.

Reactions: joh01652