Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you think so? Just curious, haven't seen this pop up before.

They can only do 1 => 2 split under current total share count limit in company papers.
The board can propose a higher limit at the shareholders meeting where there is a vote about it.
The last meeting was in September '20, I don't expect another one will come soon, rather close to the year's end.

I may get chased by pitchforks for this, but I would be more likely to buy the Mach E than to buy a Y. The Y is just ugly, and you can't fix that with an OTA update. I have my S if I want range somewhere. All my vehicles have to be attractive to my eye, and the Mach E is a good looking car, with decent enough specs, and decent enough price.

Not chased by me. There are lots of brands, even within one company. People have different tastes and like to distinguish themselves by having a different car. Especially when cars become good enough it gets harder to take a large chunk of the market if you don’t have multiple brands. I got flak for this before but a serious investor should consider this aspect, I think.

I strongly believe $TSLA would go to 1050-1100 till earnings and stay rangebound but may not drop, or drop very little. I am thinking this is a relatively ok price and I am buying more. Here are my reasonings:

There are not many sellers and when everybody think it will drop, it does not.

A lot of positive news are coming out as well as newer investors have discovered tesla.

Then the upcoming stimulus for the robinhood mafia.

So, is anybody else buying at these prices?

There are at least 3 of us. I hit the 1/2 Million in the after-hours. When we are breathing down Amazon's neck, we will be there! At Apple prices or a little more, a comfortable (if not wealthy) infinitely sustainable retirement will be within reach!

Think of how many others who were in a similar situation as we are now just 6-12 months ago who are now wealthy beyond their dreams...amazing run!

I am just above the 1/2 million mark now also! Started buying 3 shares a month 3 years ago after taking a Model S on a test drive while visiting a Tesla Dealer on a trip. So glad I stayed in and didn't bail to buy a Model 3 as planned when it hit $500 a share...pre-split. Lost job due to COVID and only working part time now. But now I have Cyber truck reserved and early retirement is within reach now!
Cheers to all!

Largest Public Companies by Market Cap listed on US Exchanges

upload_2021-1-8_2-59-52.png

I am just above the 1/2 million mark now also! Started buying 3 shares a month 3 years ago after taking a Model S on a test drive while visiting a Tesla Dealer on a trip. So glad I stayed in and didn't bail to buy a Model 3 as planned when it hit $500 a share...pre-split. Lost job due to COVID and only working part time now. But now I have Cyber truck reserved and early retirement is within reach now!
Cheers to all!

And I am now the very rare Half-a-Teslanaire.

Even with mismanaging my TSLA I have 5x-ed since January 30, 2020.
It feels weird. I now have more money than I need for the rest of my life, and yet I let it all ride.

So happy to reach the 1/2 mark.
I ordered 6 Cybertrucks for a side-business opportunity play. Hopefully, it could generate a $1k mo/truck profit.

Last edited:
I don’t know why these people couldn’t have just done this buying at inclusion to adhere to my master plan. It’s like the hedge fund industry doesn’t care about my feelings(or covered calls).

We also clearly missed the fact that benchmark buying was nowhere near done back in Dec.

Think any of this is the $600 checks arriving in the US?

Another amazing day on tap! Go Elon!

I'm on my third Model S (upgraded several times). Some people in this thread have said that if they had put the money for their car in TSLA instead, they would have been much richer. The car cost them $500,000 to $1,000,000.

In my case the opposite is true: if I had not bought a Model S I would very likely not have invested in TSLA. It was such a revelation. So it didn't cost me money, it made me money. A lot of it!!

That $10 movie ticket did cost me $100 though. And I would also think twice about that $159.90 Ultimate Double Pepperoni pizza.

I don’t know why these people couldn’t have just done this buying at inclusion to adhere to my master plan. It’s like the hedge fund industry doesn’t care about my feelings(or covered calls).

We also clearly missed the fact that benchmark buying was nowhere near done back in Dec.

Think any of this is the $600 checks arriving in the US?

Another amazing day on tap! Go Elon!
The chance of Dems controlling the senate and Trump conceding was very low. This is creating a "oh F" moment for all fund managers and shorts. It's like a mini black swan event specifically for clean energy. Now everyone is losing control as these events massively reduced sellers of Tesla shares as the leader of clean energy.

I'm on my third Model S (upgraded several times). Some people have said in this thread that if they had put the money for their car in TSLA instead, they would have had much more wealth. The car actually cost them $500,000 to $1,000,000.

In my case the opposite is true: if I had not bought a Model S I would very likely not have invested in TSLA. It was such a revelation. So it didn't cost me money, it made me money. A lot of it!!

That $10 movie ticket did cost me $100 though. And I would also think twice about that $159.90 Ultimate Double Pepperoni pizza.

If you want utimate pizza and a side of regret* in one:
The first Bitcoin transaction was 10,000 coins for 2 pizzas. BTC hit $41k this morning.
So, those pizzas 'cost' $410 million dollars.
Bitcoin Pizza Day: Celebrating the $80 Million Pizza Order

Do what you can with the information you have at the time.

*In an interview last year, the purchaser says he does not regret the exchange. Media must be rubbing off on me...