Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My solace is in knowing that at 10:57am EST, TSLA will start climbing again.

OK, I understand the 1 disagree I got. I mean, I WAS off by a minute:

upload_2021-1-20_11-18-55.png

The new writer at Teslarati, Joey Klender, informs us that "Autonomy has been a concern of Tesla’s for several months...". Both stupid and ignorant, he also has a dubious familiarity with English grammar. He isn't malicious, just incompetent. Hard to imagine why they have him there. Maybe he's free? Even so, he provides negative value. I try to avoid reading anything with his byline.

The quote is from a piece posted today on Rusch's new price target: Tesla's 'extraordinary advantage' influences $1,036 price target

For me one of the biggest questions is: why is the goal for only 60% of the software to be developed in-house? (By 2024).

Well, my question is why haven’t they already given up? When everyone laughed at Tesla and passed on partnering/continuing to partner (looking at you Toy and Daim) they’d already lost the race. There is no catching up if and until Tesla drops the ball and stops innovating. The odds of that are currently zero. So, yeah. Just die already. The dramatic Carmen scene is unnecessary.

Well, my question is why haven’t they already given up? When everyone laughed at Tesla and passed on partnering/continuing to partner (looking at you Toy and Daim) they’d already lost the race. There is no catching up if and until Tesla drops the ball and stops innovating. The odds of that are currently zero. So, yeah. Just die already. The dramatic Carmen scene is unnecessary.

I am convinced the legacy auto makers are hyping their planned EV launches far enough in the future to raise their current market cap without having to actually deliver on their promises.

I think most people still likes to be around civilization, with or without internet. Never once did I thought "gee would really want to live in the wilderness but only if there was internet". More like "I would totally live in the wilderness if there's paved roads, running water, grocery store not 50 mins away, a hospital near by, schools for interaction for my children , and not die without anyone noticing for decades."
MODERATOR NOTE: This is, as those of you who are long-timers here have known, exactly how and where I have been living for the past quarter-century (that is: WITHOUT those roads, water, stores or anything else. Nearest minuscule villages are 80 miles away). I've done all right and then some, by most standards.