Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: FireMedic and UCF3
My wife said that Tesla is most likely doing a Superbowl commercial showing off the latest S and X models.

I can see a superbowl style commercial, but not actually a commercial. Too much cost for not enough reward, in Musk's mind. Those ads are pricey, and Musk can reach more people by tweeting.

A user on Reddit applied a bit of a color filter to the vehicle's under covers at Fremont. Does anyone else see what appears to be a Model X front and rear with a Cybertruck-style windshield?

GntV5NT.jpg

Not Tesla related but we should all take a moment to look at what is going on with GME. We always complain about short raid or short manipulation. What is going on with GME is the opposite. Wallstreetbet is leading the charge by causing the short squeeze after noticing that it's one of the most shorted stock on the market. Squeeze was so relentless today that they halted trading.

We thought Tsla had the short burn of the century...lol well now there's exhibit B. Hopefully this teaches short sellers a lesson and think twice before praying on any companies in trouble.

(5) GME Thread: The Wreckoning : wallstreetbets (reddit.com)
One could have opinions on their valuation models (to say the least) but they do seem to get it right often enough. The three most talked about shares over there the last few days.

GME - Gamestop + 50,48% today
BB - Blackberry + 9,11% today
PLTR - Palantir + 24,73% today

The one thing they seem to have figured out collectively is that when something has run up a bit the smart move (if you want to continue/create a squeeze) is not to buy more options as that doesn't really change the share price but instead moving profits from early calls to buying shares which will continue to drive the share price. Pretty smart when hundreds or even thousands of people do this.

Tesla used to be the number one discussed company over there and continues to hoover around 5th or so most of the time. The people there obviously don't have enough money to move tsla by themselves but it seems possible on 'smaller' companies (less than $10 billion or so).

Between $845 and $850 I'd say... slightly more puts than calls at $845 (or at least this was the case when this snapshot was taken)

TBH, if the MM's can't nail the landing on the drone-ship with volumes this low, then they're totally lost...View attachment 629764
You nailed it.

Another weekend is upon us (sigh...). On the one hand, it's only a regular two day weekend. On the other hand, earnings announcement on Wed. It's going to be a torturous wait.

A user on Reddit applied a bit of a color filter to the vehicle's under covers at Fremont. Does anyone else see what appears to be a Model X front and rear with a Cybertruck-style windshield?

GntV5NT.jpg

The sideview mirrors are notably absent. Either this isn't a complete car, or there might be a surprise.

GntV5NT.jpg
A previous video showed those same vehicle tow setups, uncovered, with what I believe were Y (or maybe 3) BIWs being carted practically across half the plant to reach a tent GA.

If they were S/X they'd have no reason to be towing them around unless they decided to go to tent GA for S/X too, which would be weird since they have stopped production for so long surely they could have just retooled the existing space ...

After watching the drone footages over the last few days I can’t help wondering how much more efficient Fremont would be if it were a Gigafactory instead of a lot of buildings cobbled together with lots of empty space between them. Too many people hanging/loitering around, a lot of storage in the open air, transport with forklifts and carriages, lines of cars waiting with drivers standing around.

The good thing: the more Gigafactories get built, the less Fremont will weigh on the average efficiency. And hopefully the high volume production (Model Y and 3) will eventually fully move to Gigafactories, leaving Fremont for lower volume products.
Do you STILL have that bug in my office? That is identical to what and how I was discussing Fremont with Jenny this morning.

It is maybe a bit weird for tesla to cover up something as simple as a car body when bizarrely they more or less let strangers fly drones right up to the guts of their most innovative and potentially valuable pressing equipment. (which is weird... even if not malicious, a drone-failure could drop the thing right into the press at a potentially *tricky* moment.... yikes).

Although part of me REALLY wants tesla to concentrate 100% on the semi, roadster and cybertruck (its not a good look for a company to keep announcing amazing products....which don't seem to then get made), it does look likely to me that there is *something* happening with the S or X or both.

It seems pretty unlikely that we could be *this close* to Q4 results and them not take the opportunity to announce a refresh if one is really underway. So if nothing gets said on wednesday, I'm assuming no S/X refresh in 2021, other than maybe a battery design change.