Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DaveT, it is not closed to me. I just checked and can access all your megaposts here: Articles/megaposts by DaveT
It's read-only. The mods closed the thread to new replies, including mine, saying it was overlapping with this thread. I protested as hard as I could and explained how my thread was unique and added value to this forum but they disagreed. I eventually took it to the top and they said they couldn't go against their mods. This was almost 2 years ago. Without a dedicated thread to share my in-depth analysis and thoughts, I eventually was led to start my own YT channel. So I guess I could say it all worked out and for that I do need to thank the mods. Sometimes one closed door can lead to another open door.

Last edited:
Could you imagine if WSB'ers had went after $TSLA instead of $GME and created the gamma squeeze causing $TSLA to go to $1500? :)
That would be a sight but it would probably come down just as fast...would be great entertainment though!

Allegedly GME short interest was significantly more than 100% of floated stock...versus single-digit % last we knew for TSLA (though obviously large in dollar value).... and with a market cap at the time roughly 200-250 times smaller than TSLA (and still 150 times smaller as of this post even with the squeeze so far).... so a pretty impractical plan.

Reactions: MXWing and JusRelax
Fresh new high. Glorious.

Equally as glorious is watching the internet conspire to destroy these hedge fund parasite short sellers. (GME) Good times.
I bought a couple hundred shares of GME on margin to support the effort. Why not? I was down a couple of thousand dollars at the close, but I was up a few hundred for a few minutes!

Andrew Left of Citron is among those getting his. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow.

Allegedly GME short interest was significantly more than 100% of floated stock...versus single-digit % last we knew for TSLA (though obviously large in dollar value).... and with a market cap at the time roughly 200-250 times smaller than TSLA (and still 150 times smaller as of this post even with the squeeze so far).... so a pretty impractical plan.

I cannot find the page now, but I saw something about 138% of float. Does lay credence to the vast naked short theory.

Lobbyist will lobby. It doesn't take too much to convince them of anything. They can claim they are part of a labor union while Tesla is anti-union. They have been relying on current government contracts which means a cancellation will cause jobs..and Biden doesn't want closed plants with job loss right? Also they can BS about how GM workers are more blue collar, none of those silicon valley rich billionaires type who thinks they control the world. Also did you hear how Elon Musk 10x his wealth on the backs of Covid deaths?

I can go on all day where facts doesn't really matter..optics matters. It's politics.

For decades I defined politics as the struggle for control of peoples' picture of reality. So it is in businesses which advertise and pay dividends (bribes for purchase).

Does anyone know if today's spike at 3:50 is due to the closing cross? If so, does someone have information regarding the volume, etc of the closing cross? @Davidzhao365
F21FB115-1224-47ED-9A35-1F43670468B7.png

Here is the close cross for today. I think it is on the high side but not unusual

This is not the usual Monday trading. All sorts of stocks in my portfolio zoomed up to start the morning, many to new 52-week highs. Some of burst were the usual suspect high flyers and some were stocks that don’t normally move that much, like Nordstroms and Pulte.

There was something unique that happened this morning. Is it possible that Gamestop had such a destabilizing impact on the shorts that it impacted their positions on everything? Eventually they got control back and then prices immediately plummeted.

One downside of a forum as focused as this one is on a single stock, is that we assume the SP movement is based on the company. This time, the incredible rise and fall in the first hour was something broader. But not as broad as the whole market. A subset of the market that is somehow linked to each other.
Mods, I think this post should be considered as a post of considerable merit. The detailed discussion of GameStop has provided me with greater insight into the past, present and future workings of Wall Street. This post should make everyone think outside the box about how the hedge funds and market makers behavior might change with respect to TSLA in the future.

View attachment 630754

Here is the close cross for today. I think it is on the high side but not unusual

Thank you. Does it seem weird to anyone that the price rose significantly for the closing cross even though there was a sell-side imbalance?

Not that I'm complaining, I'm just trying to understand how this makes sense.

Could you imagine if WSB'ers had went after $TSLA instead of $GME and created the gamma squeeze causing $TSLA to go to $1500? :)
That would be a sight but it would probably come down just as fast...would be great entertainment though!

GME - 5.4 Billion Market Cap
BB - 10 Billion Market Cap
TSLA - 835 Billion Market Cap

Those Robinhood kids have managed to accomplish a lot off their parents couch with 600 dollar stimmie checks.

They can roll those tendies right from GME over to BB but TSLA will be hard to move at that size. The only person who could pull that off would be Elon.

Elon can use all his margin to buy TSLA
TSLA rises which gives Elon more margin power.
Elon uses extra margin power to buy even more shares.

A significant market force would be setting up a cartel that everyone deposits their shares into. This ensures that the shares would never be sold.

I wonder how much of the available float this would take away if people bought into the idea?

Last edited:
Portfolio Overview - ClaimsFiler - tracking investments & transactions
Remember the news about the breakthrough of solid state batteries by Quantumscape?
Bet that quite a few of us, like me, thought: ‘is Tesla missing something here?’

Should have known better, as Elon already said in the past that Tesla keeps an eye on all battery developments (giving it a score from 1-5 if I recall correctly).

Now Quantumscape will have a lawsuit from disappointed investors.
Excerpt:
The Complaint alleges that throughout the Class Period, Defendants made materially false and/or misleading statements, as well as failed to disclose material adverse facts about the Company's business, operations, and prospects. Specifically, the Complaint alleges Defendants failed to disclose to investors: (1) that the Company's purported success related to its solid-state battery power, battery life, and energy density were significantly overstated; (2) that the Company is unlikely to be able to scale its technology to the multi-layer cell necessary to power electric vehicles; and (3) that, as a result of the foregoing, Defendants' positive statements about the Company's business, operations, and prospects were materially misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis.

Portfolio Overview - ClaimsFiler - tracking investments & transactions
Remember the news about the breakthrough of solid state batteries by Quantumscape?
Bet that quite a few of us, like me, thought: ‘is Tesla missing something here?’

Should have known better, as Elon already said in the past that Tesla keeps an eye on all battery developments (giving it a score from 1-5 if I recall correctly).

Now Quantumscape will have a lawsuit from disappointed investors.
Excerpt:
The Complaint alleges that throughout the Class Period, Defendants made materially false and/or misleading statements, as well as failed to disclose material adverse facts about the Company's business, operations, and prospects. Specifically, the Complaint alleges Defendants failed to disclose to investors: (1) that the Company's purported success related to its solid-state battery power, battery life, and energy density were significantly overstated; (2) that the Company is unlikely to be able to scale its technology to the multi-layer cell necessary to power electric vehicles; and (3) that, as a result of the foregoing, Defendants' positive statements about the Company's business, operations, and prospects were materially misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis.
That's standard language for every shareholder lawsuit to get $$$$, nothing to see

Just heared on CNN that part of Bidens economic plan is to replace government vehicles by USA made electric ones.

Unfortunately that probably means the president’s entourage will be shuffling around in a bunch of lime green Chevy Bolts. Can you imagine secret service officers coming out of a Bolt like a clown car? :p

If the US government picked Teslas for their fleet, that would instantly make America’s government vehicle fleet #1 on the badass scale. Then I would have to vote for Tony Stark for president. (Elon will be too busy getting us to Mars and helping Tesla make government vehicles).

Supposedly at one point GME float sold short was an astonishing 160%. Right now it's down to 135% but that's still insane. I thought naked short selling is supposed to be illegal, so how do we get to >100% float sold short? The market is rigged to destroy companies on the brink so short sellers can line their pockets. They don't care that Gamestop is a company with 50,000 employees. The short sellers would climb over the corpses of their own family in pursuit of profits.

My time owning TSLA has made me hate short sellers with a burning passion. I hope that retail can continue to punish and bankrupt short sellers who prey on the weak. Bed Bath and Beyond is another teetering retail chain that is a candidate for this sort of bizarre capitalist rebellion and rescue.

It's read-only. The mods closed the thread to new replies, including mine, saying it was overlapping with this thread. I protested as hard as I could and explained how my thread was unique and added value to this forum but they disagreed. I eventually took it to the top and they said they couldn't go against their mods. This was almost 2 years ago. Without a dedicated thread to share my in-depth analysis and thoughts, I eventually was led to start my own YT channel. So I guess I could say it all worked out and for that I do need to thank the mods. Sometimes one closed door can lead to another open door.

Well to be fair if you live in the Arctic and want to control people, all you have is the Internet.

I think you'll find they already did this last year - maybe not with common share positions, but they were certainly yolo-ing on weeklies, which was forcing delta-hedging, and the stock up. Looking at WSB now, it's all GME and BB discussions/memes, last year for along time it was TSLA, for months, and lots of references to "papa Musk"

Although they probably don't have the capital to shift the stock the way they did with GME, I'm pretty sure they helped

Although I'm cheering them on - I do wonder why the SEC isn't looking into their activities, it's clearly coordinated stock manipulation, and in broad daylight too, but more power to them - the more shorts get burned, the better

Last edited:
Supposedly at one point GME float sold short was an astonishing 160%. Right now it's down to 135% but that's still insane. I thought naked short selling is supposed to be illegal, so how do we get to >100% float sold short?

You don't have to naked short sell to go over 100%. Every share you short is a real share, and the person that lent it holds a synthetic share. So it is just a matter of holder A lends the share to B, B sells it short to buyer C. Then buyer C lends the share to X who sells it short, lather, rinse, repeat. So as long as people owning the real shares are willing to lend them you can keep shorting infinitely. And then all it takes is one large lender to recall their shares and the whole thing comes tumbling down. (If A wants to increase the size of their position it could be as simple as A lending to B, B selling short to A, lather, rinse, repeat.)

The reason Biden had a bunch of Chevy Bolts behind him was because GM has a PR department that could lend out Chevy Bolts. Tesla doesn't have a PR department that lends out cars for publicity events. Teslas will definitely be eligible for Federal purchases, but Tesla will have to get off its behind and actually put in competitive bids.
Tesla will be a part of this without a doubt. If they are excluded (for whatever reason), the entire issue would become a political negative for the administration, which they certainly don't want.

Tesla has worked with localities and will be a part of this federal program.