Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What causes a gigantic volume spike on QQQ in a minute?

I ask in hopes that the answer will help us understand TSLA better so the intent is not to be off topic.

View attachment 632997
news of Democrats considering reconciliation as the approach of choice to quickly pass the $1.9T stim package.
For what it's worth, we got juiced last Thursday on news that law makers were considering splitting the package into multiple smaller ones. Guess what happened on Friday...
My bet is this QQQ rally is going to fade as long as we still don't have it.

Last edited:
why so much less from last January?

Tesla has already loaded 2 ships from Giga China headed towards Europe.

People need to get used to the fact that Giga China is producing for multiple countries now. Meaning some months, production will be going towards other countries which will affect monthly sales.

China sales are going to start following the same pattern as US sales. The 1st quarter of the month is going to have less local(to that country) sales because production is going towards other countries.

People need to get used to the fact that Giga China is producing for multiple countries now. Meaning some months, production will be going towards other countries which will affect monthly sales.

China sales are going to start following the same pattern as US sales. The 1st quarter of the month is going to have less local(to that country) sales because production is going towards other countries.
Well put...however....well....you know the negativity that gets spun.

Oh bother. I’m going to have to Mod-delete both your and my posts as being ridiculously off topic.

But, maybe, later. Until then, enjoy!....

We call them after the sound they make: “make-and-break” engines. Also called “one-lungers”. And here is a great symphony of them, from our friends in Newfoundland. It is a Wonderful sound:

Mod edit: Aha! I’ve found a way to keep from deleting it, by putting on topic....

This would be a GREAT sound for the pedestrian-alert.

Yes. This is the sound our Teslas will make.
Wonderful idea! But did you mean: put-putting it on topic? :cool:
Sorry about that. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: capster

This is an important point that GLJ is loathe to admit. He picks whichever country drew the short straw that day/week/month/quarter, and dwells on the variation of comparatives. The data point that really matters is total deliveries globally. When you see that number drop, then you have a talking point. This past year was a perfect example of that with the pandemic when all automakers saw a drop in deliveries, except Tesla. How convenient that Gordo ignores that nugget.

This is an important point that GLJ is loathe to admit. He picks whichever country drew the short straw that day/week/month/quarter, and dwells on the variation of comparatives. The data point that really matters is total deliveries globally. When you see that number drop, then you have a talking point. This past year was a perfect example of that with the pandemic when all automakers saw a drop in deliveries, except Tesla. How convenient that Gordo ignores that nugget.
That's because he is a dishonest piece

Benzinga - early today: Tesla, Charles Schwab — Stocks NYSRTS, One Of US' 10 Largest Pension Funds, Purchased In Q4 | Benzinga

Excerpt:

The New York State Teachers’ Retirement System, one of the largest public pension funds in the United States, has piled on shares of Tesla Inc and Charles Schwab Corporation, according to filings made with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

What Happened: The pension fund added 999,948 shares of the Elon Musk-led company in the fourth quarter, while it did not own any at the end of the third quarter.
Ahhh, so THAT is the strategy that allows the pension fund to deliver the necessary ROI to meet their unsustainable growth expectations! Actually not a bad plan.

One of the best things that will happen when Berlin is chugging away is that this sort of nonsense will go away. FUD producers love to use Tesla managing supply in 3 regions with 2 factories as way to created nonsense.

Mod edit: Aha! I’ve found a way to keep from deleting it, by putting on topic....

This would be a GREAT sound for the pedestrian-alert.

Yes. This is the sound our Teslas will make.
You're saying that if I put the following in every post I can never be OT?

The sigh you make when reading my posts is what Tesla should use for the pedestrian-alert.

why so much less from last January?
According to the original post it is Month on month, not year on year. I am guessing that this is linked to MIC exports outside China which take place early in the quarter. There are no export shipments in the last month of a quarter. Other threads (ship tracking) have more details.

Edit: beaten to it by @thx1139

What causes a gigantic volume spike on QQQ in a minute?

I ask in hopes that the answer will help us understand TSLA better so the intent is not to be off topic.

View attachment 632997

Sorry, I was just diversifying. :p

We will never know that answer. The market is not that transparent. Algorithms, political events, news, chance, a whale buying in all attribute to volume spikes like that.

• Helpful
Reactions: phantasms
Major design work is done- but Tesla will be "very lucky" to build any this year, likely volume production in 2022- both per Elon and the Q4 call.

On the Q4 call, Elon said they were "planning" on delivering the first Cybertrucks in 2021 with volume production in 2022. Since I won't be getting mine this year, what matters to me the most is not so much exactly when they deliver the very first one but how fast the initial production ramp goes.

According to the original post it is Month on month, not year on year. I am guessing that this is linked to MIC exports outside China which take place early in the quarter. There are no export shipments in the last month of a quarter. Other threads (ship tracking) have more details.

Edit: beaten to it by @thx1139

Thanks...not sure how I missed that...read it too fast.

Reactions: JohnnyEnglish

I remember pics of a few thousand model 3 in china supposedly headed to europe. I wondered if we had any verification that they actually got sold. Doubt the european sales numbers (if they even break that data out) would indicate country of origin. Do they show european unsold inventory somewhere? I wondered about european acceptance of the chinese made cars. Even thought they seem to be better made than the fremont product.

I remember pics of a few thousand model 3 in china supposedly headed to europe. I wondered if we had any verification that they actually got sold. Doubt the european sales numbers (if they even break that data out) would indicate country of origin. Do they show european unsold inventory somewhere? I wondered about european acceptance of the chinese made cars. Even thought they seem to be better made than the fremont product.

Isnt Polestar produced in China as well?