Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If he had just taken some profits and trimmed back his position 10% or 20%, I think that would have been understandable. When you completely sell out, the shift in endowment effect can radically alter your perception of value in ways that others can find hard to understand.

One of the most saddest things ever is when a tesla bull goes full retard and sells ALL their shares. It could be any reason, like thinking it is a near term top or fearing additional sell offs.

They want to buy back in with a bigger position than they had before when they sell.

They have to sell themselves on short narratives and hope for bad news with Musk and or Tesla.

Very unhealthy and sad.

I’ve seen it wreck quite a number of Tesla owners and investors. They sold and NEVER got back in.

I have had a moment like this. Happened once and never again. I failed when I had paper hands and a textured brain.

When things look bad, I’ve had to use some of the profits I’ve gained from selling puts and selling calls to get defensive puts. Never sell your shares.

When you buy puts like I did today to protect shares and the trade goes against you - that is a GOOD thing. That means my shares and short put positions are gaining.

Best just to be a smooth brained ape with diamond hands. Hold and buy the dips.

Gary Black deserves to buy in higher. Michael Burry needs to star in a sequel called the “The big short. Squeezed”.

Last edited:
Would you be able to take a look at this thread, about reverse gamma squeeze, and share your comments?

My limited knowledge seems to say the points mentioned don’t actually point to any such dangerous setup for the stock.

I am not clear about this

@FrankSG ?

I agree with what @generalenthu posted. The delta on these options should be so low that they have effectively no influence on the stock movement.

Here’s an info graphic for those not really understanding Bitcoin. Tesla should have went in with a 3x outsized position, took some of the table at those prices and let the current holdings ride.

But glad they did something. Acquiring BTC at 50k is still relatively peanuts for them.

E06AEBA8-1B6D-462A-A98E-2CDA2D81FD24.jpeg

One of the most saddest things ever is when a tesla bull goes full retard and sells ALL their shares. It could be any reason, like thinking it is a near term top or fearing additional sell offs.

They want to buy back in with a bigger position than they had before when they sell.

They have to sell themselves on short narratives and hope for bad news with Musk and or Tesla.

Very unhealthy and sad.

I’ve seen it wreck quite a number of Tesla owners and investors. They sold and NEVER got back in.

I have had a moment like this. Happened once and never again. I failed when I had paper hands and a textured brain.

When things look bad, I’ve had to use some of the profits I’ve gained from selling puts and selling calls to get defensive puts. Never sell your shares.

When you buy puts like I did today to protect shares and the trade goes against you - that is a GOOD thing. That means my shares and short put positions are gaining.

Best just to be a smooth brained ape with diamond hands. Hold and buy the dips.

Gary Black deserves to buy in higher. Michael Burry needs to star in a sequel called the “The big short. Squeezed”.
You sir are my new role model.

Reactions: Discoducky
Jeez, show some class for God's sake...

ARK Investment Pushes Back on Upstart SPAC With Similar Name

On Feb. 5, a new blank-check or special-purpose acquisition company began trading. The SPAC’s name, Ark Global Acquisition Corp. , is similar to that of superstar fund manager Cathie Wood’s firm, ARK Investment Management LLC.

But Ark Global Acquisition Corp., based in Nashville, Tenn., has no connection to Ms. Wood or her New York-based firm.

The SPAC’s prospectus says it will “focus on US-based disruptive technology companies that we believe have significant growth prospects and the potential to generate attractive returns.”

The SPAC, trading under the ticker symbol ARKIU, has also requested the tickers ARKI and ARKIW. It gained nearly 10% in its first three trading days.

On Feb. 5, a new blank-check or special-purpose acquisition company began trading. The SPAC’s name, Ark Global Acquisition Corp. , is similar to that of superstar fund manager Cathie Wood’s firm, ARK Investment Management LLC.

But Ark Global Acquisition Corp., based in Nashville, Tenn., has no connection to Ms. Wood or her New York-based firm.

The SPAC’s prospectus says it will “focus on US-based disruptive technology companies that we believe have significant growth prospects and the potential to generate attractive returns.”

The SPAC, trading under the ticker symbol ARKIU, has also requested the tickers ARKI and ARKIW. It gained nearly 10% in its first three trading days.

It worked for Tiziana...

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11
Kung Hei Fat Choy!
Happy Chinese New Year.
May the year of the OX bring you happiness, health and prosperity throughout the year.
After all the years my relatives congratulated me on being wealthy, this is finally the year that makes sense. I could only afford ramens 20 years ago..and just starred at them congratulating me for being wealthy.

It's read-only. The mods closed the thread to new replies, including mine, saying it was overlapping with this thread. I protested as hard as I could and explained how my thread was unique and added value to this forum but they disagreed. I eventually took it to the top and they said they couldn't go against their mods. This was almost 2 years ago. Without a dedicated thread to share my in-depth analysis and thoughts, I eventually was led to start my own YT channel. So I guess I could say it all worked out and for that I do need to thank the mods. Sometimes one closed door can lead to another open door.

Hey, haven’t been on here in years. But wanted to stop by and say thanks for the advice all that time ago. I remember your posting before the “megathread” started.

I have now closed out out the last of my TSLA positions for now but enjoyed the ride, my “free” model 3, and healthy retirement account.

Hope things worked out even better for you!

One interesting comment from Elon in the Joe Rogan interview was the implication that the 300 Mile Semi only had a 500 kWh pack.
Previously I assumed this was around 600 kWh, with the 500 Mile version being 900 kWh.
We probably need to scale down the battery size for the 500 Mile version.. possibly it is now 750-800 kWh.

When your mission is to reduce human output of CO2 you need to use every weapon in your arsenal. That includes debunking the often used and wrong talking about that CO2 is good for plants. I was simply expressing my surprise that someone who has been concerned about human generated CO2 for as long as Elon didn't know that what Rogan was saying was false and didn't correct him. Pointing out inaccuracies is never "nonsense".
Perhaps this is what Elon was referencing CO2 is making Earth greener—for now – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Wow, what a game! TSLA fell into a big hole early in the first half and clawed their way back to within striking distance and finally mounted a furious rally in the final few minutes to pull off a win.

2021 Season stats
Record : 18-11
Points For (total points in wins) : 383.95
Points Against (total points in losses) : 273.50
Diff (YTD gain/loss) : 110.45
Avg points per win : 21.33
Avg points per loss : 24.86
Last 10 : 6-4
Streak : W2

Coincidentally the SPAC is managed by Kathie Would

Start of MY production in Q3 or Q4 seems likely. Last month the first Giga Press was delivered to Giga Texas.
Tesla takes delivery of massive 'Giga Press' at Gigafactory Texas - Electrek

"The new Giga Press arrives as Tesla is starting to make a lot of progress on its new factory under construction with several structures taking shape over the last few months.
Construction started in July 2020, and the automaker plans to achieve “first completion” in May 2021 with production expected to start shortly after."

We know from Fremont that a GP can be installed, up and running in a few months. Also from Elon's one on one with Sandy Munro that 300 fewer robots are needed when rear of MY is cast and 300 fewer once the front is cast. The best (and quickest to stand up) assembly line is the one with less than half the assembly steps, robots and line workers. Last week it was reported that a large shipment of robots was delivered and the first Giga Press is being assembled. I think Giga Texas will be only a half step behind Berlin in each stage of ramping MY.
Daily drone videos from the Quad Squad documented delivery and assembly of a casting machine and recorded a very large number of robots being offloaded and stored on the Austin site.
Wow, what a game! TSLA fell into a big hole early in the first half and clawed their way back to within striking distance and finally mounted a furious rally in the final few minutes to pull off a win.

2021 Season stats
Record : 18-11
Points For (total points in wins) : 383.95
Points Against (total points in losses) : 273.50
Diff (YTD gain/loss) : 110.45
Avg points per win : 21.33
Avg points per loss : 24.86
Last 10 : 6-4
Streak : W2
18-11? Pfft, this is not even a playoff team.

Time to rebuild and trade Elon for draft picks.

It's really sad when people who used to be fans turn in order to profit from clicks and controversy. I know Ben listened to that podcast and he knows that Greg's comment is nonsense. Greg is the same dumb dumb that argued with me that the FSD computer being able to recognize and display things like traffic signals meant nothing.

View attachment 636201
Semi-well known guy in the Tesla and TSLAQ community. From what I gather he went from a fan to a hater sometime after selling his stock and hoping to buy back in lower or something. That was before my time on Twitter though. He has made fake videos about autopilot in the past as well.
This is the clownfish that said F would go from $6 to $8 before TSLA went from $600 to $800 (pre-split).

We all know how that turned out.