Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so BH has 10 hours to go to reveal their mystery holding?

It's almost certain that BH 13F won't come out today or even tomorrow.
Last 20 BH 13F filing date
upload_2021-2-14_19-11-10.png

Look through the last 20, It's always on Feb 14, May 15, Aug 14, and Nov 14, as long as it's not weekend/holiday. When it's on weekend or holiday, it's pushed to next business day.

So if the pattern continues, it would be on Tuesday, Feb. 16, just like 2016 deja vu.

I would like to assure everyone that so far I have been lucky, I haven't had any snow on my solar panels, and my Model 3 hasn't ruined any of my weekends.
No solar panels (yet, maybe next year), but the S and X have not ruined any weekends in eight years. (I can't say that about some other cars I've had.)

Why are we discussing the future of Starlink in China? Or what life is like under CCP rule? The weekend provides some room to go OT, but make sure it has at least some relevance to Tesla.
I think it's pretty important to understand China in and out. The American propaganda machine is also strong against China, hence we see Elon randomly defend the regulators of China and its people. It's pretty important to understand the most important customer base of Tesla as they do not think like an American, and may not share the values we share. I have co-workers coming back from visiting China completely mind blown at how technologically and financially advanced they are. Literally in the video he showed me, another person next to him said "woooooow, I thought this is suppose to be an impoverished nation" as they watch a freaken bridge plays a movie..lol.

When Elon said you can't be complacent or else you fall behind, only referring to the U.S compared to China. It's a disservice to think of China as nothing but a sweat shop filled human rights violating bigger North Korea. This is equivalent to think of Tesla as just a car company, not seeing the forest from the trees.

Last edited:
My new house paid for by TSLA. Was it wise to cash out 15% of my holdings? Who cares. Thank you fElon Muskrat and shorty friends :cool:

View attachment 636792
A beautiful home, Congratulations. Naples is one of my favourite locations in Florida.
Enjoy, you did "good" and having a great place to enjoy life while watching remaining 85% of your Tesla holdings appreciate isn't a bad thing.

Now you need some Tesla Solar panels on the roof, and powerwalls in the garage. Gotta prep for hurricane season. ;)
Winter storm here in Texas. We’ve had a bunch of short 5-minute outages during which the powerwalls took over. Some surrounding areas had hours long outages but not in our neighborhood yet. Nevertheless we are ready.

I think it's pretty important to understand China in and out. The American propaganda machine is also strong against China, hence we see Elon randomly defend the regulators of China and its people. It's pretty important to understand the most important customer base of Tesla as they do not think like an American, and may not share the values we share. I have co-workers coming back from visiting China completely mind blown at how technologically and financially advanced they are. Literally in the video he showed me, another person next to him said "woooooow, I thought this is suppose to be an impoverished nation" as they watch a freaken bridge plays a movie..lol.

When Elon said you can't be complacent or else you fall behind, only referring to the U.S compared to China. It's a disservice to think of China as nothing but a sweat shop filled human rights violating bigger North Korea. This is equivalent to think of Tesla as just a car company, not seeing the forest from the trees.

Source on "Elon randomly defend the regulators of China and its people?" Elon has been gracious towards the Chinese government. Maybe he understands the consequences of not being so? Maybe he's smart and understands how important China is to Tesla's business and his personal goals for humanity?

China is not *remotely* as advanced as so many here are proclaiming (beyond the large cities). For those who used to live in China, and we have a few here, go back and please visit outside of Shanghai and Beijing. Shanghai and Beijing have made mind-blowing progress. Has the rest of China?

Feels like some of you here are telling me what my hometown is like while never having visited. I'm experiencing a Gell-Mann amnesia effect, of sorts, here.

Tesla had a battery issue. Over time, they did a very good job teasing out all the variable issues between packs and was able to update firmwares to a point that battery degradation became minimal after correction.

For any vaguely computer nerdy folks, they essentially applied the concept of parity used in RAID storage to voltage readings on a module to be able to reconstruct the "real" value when a single cell group is reporting incorrectly but the correct "total" value of the module it's in is known.

It's a clever software workaround that avoids Tesla having to actually replace the failing hardware with working hardware.... though it does still leave a very very minor amount of genuine range loss compared to an otherwise identical pack not having the problem.

For any vaguely computer nerdy folks, they essentially applied the concept of parity used in RAID storage to voltage readings on a module to be able to reconstruct the "real" value when a single cell group is reporting incorrectly but the correct "total" value of the module it's in is known.

It's a clever fix that avoids Tesla having to actually replace the failing hardware with working hardware.... though it does still leave a very very minor amount of genuine range loss compared to an otherwise identical pack not having the problem.

So do you think this software fix was 1. effective in avoiding a recall and 2. sufficient, from the customer's perspective, to correct the problem?

• Funny
Reactions: dhanson865