Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I am interpreting the James Douma interview correctly, self supervised learning automatically does it for you.

But the current system doesn't DO self-supervised automatic learning.

That's the dream someday, but it's not what Tesla does now.... (a LOT of folks misunderstand this even going back years thinking they are "teaching" their specific car things with interventions when they are not)

That's part of why FSB beta has that special button to send data to Tesla manually anytime you have a failure you think should be reported.

(regular fleet cars don't have that because it'd produce massively too much data for humans to review)

What I am more concerned about are people being over zealous with testing new features, putting unnecessary risk on the project.

For instance that Whole Mars guy took his FSD to 80mph down an urban 40mph street yesterday. Car performed well, but the think-of-the-children in me wishes he would've done that in a more controlled environment.

Never been a huge fan of how much he overhypes stuff beyond the reality of it- but yeah that's downright dangerous for himself, the people around him, and Tesla the company too.

Being a TSLA investor during the last few weeks :D

upload_2021-3-5_10-25-11.jpeg