Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found out why it dropped today:

1615928684864.png

Disagree. I charge at 110V (with a cheap extension cable!) at our cottage in the winter (-15° C / 5° F) and I can get 50% of the battery back over the weekend. Perfectly workable.
I regularly have to charge from a 220V vacation home through a 25m extension cord (at 2kW, 80km away from the next charger). The cheap one I happened to have took almost 10% of the voltage and caused my Tesla to issue a warning when charging. It looks like the on-board AC-charging circuitry estimates the resistance of the charger+cable, maybe while it slowly increases the charging current when charging starts. Anyway, with 110V charging the resistance issue is twice is bad, so if you have to charge from your 110V outlet regularly, I would recommend getting a higher quality cable - and one that is not longer than necessary. Unless your cable is quite short, then it is less important. Apart from any warning while AC-charging, my charging display shows the voltage - if this voltage drops with increasing current, then a cable upgrade is recommendable.

Disagree. I charge at 110V (with a cheap extension cable!) at our cottage in the winter (-15° C / 5° F) and I can get 50% of the battery back over the weekend. Perfectly workable.

OK. From my experience using a 110v it wasn't very feasible for long term. And it was during early October without a commute, so no chill worries added. Different people's needs are different. I don't know how far I actually drove during that time, but I spent a lot of desperate hours plugged in to try and stave off the ever depleting battery.

With a Tesla home charger, I have literal no worries at all, ever. I have driven my car to sub 20 miles range, plugged in when I got home, and continued on my merry way the following morning.

That helps the property owner's profits, not the charging network's profits.

1) Or retailers profits
2) Retailers/property owner provide/pay for charging - best way to make money, similar to fossil fuel garages/convenience stores. 15+ minutes charging time leads to more dwell, more purchases.
3) No money in electricity sales when abundant cheap energy from Solar Wind & Batteries
4) A current brand like McDonalds would work well, you want to KNOW that a certain chain will provide fast EV charging

• Helpful
Reactions: LiveLong&Profit
Don't get me wrong, I agree 100% with the sentiment behind what you're saying, but ARK's existing analysis is already top-notch, do we really think there would be something revolutionary included that might inspire Gordo to up his PT to $2000 and slap a buy-rating on the stock?

I'd like to believe, trust me, but I'm not convinced

Even worse, perhaps, is when you get parma-bears like BofA and RBC turning bullish, doesn't seem to change things either

Hell, we're even 23% below Adam 'Terminator' Jonas' PT, who can this possibly be? 🤷‍♂️

I fear you downplay the new and huge importance of today's RETAIL investors.

The difference is that the RETAIL investors have already figured this fact out: Gordo and his ilk are reverse indicators. Those that are bottom dwellers on TipRanks serve us all with excellent information, NOT good advice.

Seriously.

Retail investors have learned: Do the EXACT opposite of what they recommend:)

When the latest ARK research drops, I predict the beginning of a major price spike given the stunning ARK track record, and the CNBC, et al, history: mocked for years, yet proven correct over time.

We'll know for sure soon enough.

Documentation about GF Berlin in German mainstream media. 45 min also available in english: Turbo,Tempo, Tesla: Elon Musk in Brandenburg (English version)

One of the first lines: "Germany has a resource that Tesla urgently needs: WATER!"
Followed by a statement from some water guy: "When the drinking water supply is being sacrificed in the name of economic growth, that's a warning sign."

Happy watching!