Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then they can raise the price, sell them at a profit, and you're the loser.

in 2013 I bought some shares for about $35 (pre-split), and watched it quickly rise to the $90s. Thinking I was particularly clever, I put in a stop loss at around $84, then one morning before I woke up, the stock bounced off my stop loss, triggered it, then ran up to over $100 within a day or two. Needless to say, I would be much better off now if I held those shares rather than having the stop loss. Over a period of a few years I ended up buying most of the shares back and have held them ever since.

Tesla Inc. repeatedly violated U.S. labor law, including by firing a union activist, and must make Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk delete a threatening tweet from his account, the National Labor Relations Board ruled Thursday.

The ruling, issued by two Republican and one Democratic member of the agency, states that the electric-car maker must offer to reinstate the fired employee. The board members also ruled that Tesla broke the law by retaliating against another union activist, “coercively interrogating” union supporters and restricting employees from talking to reporters.

Also FTA: "NLRB rulings can be appealed to federal court. The agency has no legal authority to levy punitive damages and generally can’t hold executives personally liable for violations of the law."

"Nothing stopping Tesla team at our car plant from voting union. Could do so tmrw if they wanted. But why pay union dues and give up stock options for nothing?"

This to me seems like you are wasting dues on union fees vs using that money to exercise your options. They really need to clarify what Musk is saying here before accusing him of being “unlawfully threatened" with that tweet.

He even clarified that it wasn't a threat, and that it wouldn't be Tesla taking the stock options away, it was that he thought the union would:

Every little effing thing ends up being news about Tesla. Whatever, futures looking good tomorrow. No one gives a *sugar* anymore MSM. Been throwing FUD for 2 weeks straight and Tsla just moves with the indexes.

Stop losses are basically a method to move funds from the retail investor to the MMs and Hedge funds. They are fine for a mature stock (one that pays dividends) which might go down to zero due to disruption, but they are just plain awful for a growth stock with high volatility because, well, growth stocks are volatile. Because the stop-loss price that you've set is known, they only have to push the price down to below the stop loss price and rake in your shares. Then they can raise the price, sell them at a profit, and you're the loser.
My rule of thumb on high growth stock is, If company revenue is growing 30-40%/year, stock is subject to fall 30-40% any time.

From comments here and on Twitter, many are complaining that Tesla shouldn't open its supercharger to third party brands.

However, I originally thought that SC was always bound to open up at a certain point or would cease to exist once EV stations become common.

The reason is simple... scale. Right now, SC makes sense to be proprietary because Tesla needed that to push EV forward. We are already at a point where most legacy makers are pulling the trigger on the switch, however slow that is.

Thus, opening now is actually a great timing. It'd still make people to buy Tesla (no adapter needed. Just plug and go), and as more and more EVs start using SC, it makes financial sense for Tesla to invest into faster, bigger, and/or simply more SC locations. Because right now, there are already quite a few SC location that sit empty or never reached peak at any point in life. They aren't exactly cheap to put together either. At a suggested 170k per station, a 10 stall station is a million-dollar project each.

Imagine being the largest car maker and "gas" station operator in the world.

He even clarified that it wasn't a threat, and that it wouldn't be Tesla taking the stock options away, it was that he thought the union would:

Also:

Simple search for more context
site:twitter.com/elonmusk uaw - Google Search

The lawsuit was decided today. Tesla lost.
Based on my super limited understanding, the full NLRB board is not a court.
Enforce Orders | National Labor Relations Board

Enforce Orders​

In reviewing cases, the Circuit Courts evaluate the factual and legal basis for the Board’s Order and decide, after briefing or oral argument, whether to enter a judicial decree commanding obedience to the Order. The Court may also enter an Order on the grounds that the responding party failed to oppose or had no legal basis to oppose the Board’s action.
In recent years, Circuit Courts have decided about 65 cases a year involving the NLRB. The majority - nearly 80% - have been decided in the Board’s favor.
Securing monetary remedies and Protecting assets:
Board attorneys conduct civil and criminal contempt litigation in the U.S. Courts of Appeals to secure monetary remedies such as back pay and to obtain protective orders to ensure that assets will not be dissipated in an effort to avoid obligations.
Charts and data on remedies are available here.
Final Review by U.S. Supreme Court:
Any Circuit Court decision can be subject to final review by the U.S. Supreme Court, if the parties or the Board seek it. Before presenting a petition asking the high court to consider a case, or grant certiorari, the Board must first receive permission from the U.S. Solicitor General.

Hey, I am on there too....🤣🤣🤣
Me too...
1616734634071.png

• Funny
Reactions: JusRelax