Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A successful MMD today? That's kinda surprising. Day traders just making free money.....yet again!
Looks more like MMs are trying to 'fill the gap' to yesterday's high @ $672.00

Once they've done that, certain 'knobs' get turned off on their robots.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-04-01.11-00.png

EDIT: Gap filled at 11:20 a.m ET

Last edited:
Maybe he likes to get out of his house and hang out at the gas station .... i find a lot of otherwise smart people use the perceived difficulty with home charging as a reason not to go electric ... some folks just cant imagine it ....others hate the idea of needing and electrician and figuring out where to locate it ... on and on... i think it is a real mental hurdle for many folks....
It's an odd thing. Humans tend to completely ignore the costs (time and money) associated with an action they take for granted. i.e. Filling up at gas stations, or going in to get an oil change. Conversely, we tend to exaggerate the costs associated with a new way of doing something. i.e. "OMG, I can't possibly get an EV because I drive to Grandma's house twice a year and it will take me an extra HOUR! The trip has to be exactly 6 hours or my world will collapse."

It probably traces back to evolutionary biology somehow. Something like the known path to the watering hole is preferred, even if it's longer and has a tiger waiting because the shorter path could have two tigers.

I frequently gave MS rides to my teenager's friends for their out-of-school activities. Now that they can legally drive on their own, ***THREE*** of them drive M3 or MY. Kids know what is the future and they want it.

(There is still one boy left who keep insisting Mustang is "better".)
When I come back from work at the right time and go pick up my 7 years old at school for a surprise, all the kids walking back home are waving to me and when I have the windows open I hear them say “hey look it’s a Tesla!” I started to think the new kids dreams growing will be to get a Tesla.

Then my wife goes the other day to pick up the kids at school with our black Model 3. The day after when she walks back from school with the kids, the friend of my oldest asks my wife how her Porsche is driving. She said: “No, no, your mistaken, it’s a Tesla, I don’t like to put gas in my car, it stinks.”
I don’t know if it will convince him, lol.

I frequently gave MS rides to my teenager's friends for their out-of-school activities. Now that they can legally drive on their own, ***THREE*** of them drive M3 or MY. Kids know what is the future and they want it.

That seems about right considering Tesla owns 79% of the EV market in the US.

Don't know why but.
I have a model Y thats been on order for over a year. My daughter does too.
In every past quarter we get multiple calls asking if we want to schedule delivery.
No calls this quarter. NOT ONE !

I guess my question to you would be why you're causing Tesla delivery staff extra work at the end of every quarter like that? Not just you, but your daughter as well. I'm sure they have enough people to call at the end of each quarter without having their list made longer by two people who keep saying, "Just kidding, we really don't want what you are selling". Really, they call you both multiple times every quarter?

It sounds like they finally got smart and realized it wasn't worth their time to have you on the list.

This! One-on-one personal selling by us owners makes a difference. And as for that one kid, well, he was prolly never gonna amount to anything anyway.

Also, stopped off at my local tractor dealer yesterday to pick up some parts. The parts guy asked how I like my Model X. Turns out he's really into TSLA and BTC investments. There's lots of us TSLA enthusiasts around!

Last edited:
🤔🤔I mean.....do we start buying 4/9 calls? This is quite an overkill dip!

$700c @ $13.55 ....still a bit high IMO. Volatility spiking option premiums I suppose.
Damn it to hell man...stop this drug dealing!

Edit to add...not tempted at all...nope not one bit🤔

Last edited:
...They should also consider offering full or partial credits to those who install such electrical improvements in existing home garages.
"Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit". It was in place, but elapsed, but was then reinstated for 2019 tax year and made retroactive for the years it had elapsed. I took the credit in 2019 for running the 240V line and installing the HPWC in 2018, but I don't know if the credit still exists.

Edit: Mr. Internet says the credit still exists.

Last edited:
What I didnt see in the presentation on the new infrastructure bill was anything to do with rooftop solar. Used to be a 30% federal tax credit, then went down to 26%. I also think it is supposed to go down again. It should go up to at least 33% and really incent big box stores and municipal buildings to add rooftop solar. Schools should be charging school buses from solar when buses are parked at the school during the day and they should be using solar and wind.

Oh and all municipal buildings with parking should have chargers. Teachers should be able to charge at school.

Last edited:
So I just noticed that Lucid is advertising on CNBC. Lucid Air is Model S “competitor”.

So they are already starting with so much disadvantage. Lack of manufacturing and sourcing scale, charging infra, and now they have to spend on marketing. Even if their tech is at par with Tesla, their ROI will be so poor. The only thing they are differentiating is “luxury”. But competing with Tesla at the same price point will be very difficult.

Last edited:
So I just noticed that Lucid is advertising on CNBC. Lucid Air is Model S “competitor”.

So they are already starting with so much disadvantage. Lack of manufacturing and sourcing scale, charging infra, and now they have to spend on marketing. Even if their tech is at par with Tesla, their ROI will be so poor. The only thing they are differentiating is “luxury”. But competiting with Tesla in same price point will be very difficult.
Their biggest disadvantage appears to be that they are delusional.

So they are already starting with so much disadvantage. Lack of manufacturing and sourcing scale, charging infra, and now they have to spend on marketing. Even if their tech is at par with Tesla, their ROI will be so poor. The only thing they are differentiating is “luxury”. But competiting with Tesla in same price point will be very difficult.

Free advertising for Tesla. Love it.