Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tenor natural gif.gif

Anyone keeping track of new Market expansion ...

Following the news, IIRC correctly ..
.Israel .. First cars delivered last quarter
.Romania, Hungary ... Show rooms opened
.Vietnam .. new Show Room in the works ...

.Japan -- drop in price, spiked demand

Someone posted yesterday that Italy and France also had great numbers this quarter ...

Q2 might need more ROW deliveries as US EV laws are finalized.

Below is my estimate of Q1 production and deliveries. Tesla economist has come up with his estimate of Q1 production numbers:

The below is my comment on his estimate of 187,537

The Tesla factory numbers are capacity (NOT production), the 500,000 for Fremont needs to be discounted by about 15% to take into account downtime. That is a quarterly run rate of 106k at the start of the quarter. But model Y capacity is probably still growing (and maybe a bit of Model 3 capacity growth), so we can guess a run rate of 116k at the end of the quarter. Averaging those gives 111k - but the factory was down due to parts shortages for about an extra 3 days, so that is 5k less production. I would estimate Fremont production of 3/Y is about 106k.

There has also been some Model S production, perhaps a couple of thousand.

Agree with the Shanghai numbers for production.

As regards to deliveries there were some (but not many) inventory Model S/X left at the end of Q4 all of which have probably been sold. The limited Model S production this year seems to being delivered locally, so almost all those produced will be sold.

I think there were also some Model 3 which could not be delivered in Europe in Q4 due to late arrival of ships. This quarter the ships arrived a few days earlier, giving enough time to complete deliveries.

So my estimate for production (thousands) is 106 + 2 + 61 + 14 = 183 k
and for deliveries = 185 k

Edit:
note: I did not do a start of quarter prediction but if I had it would have been 13k higher for production (no parts shortage shutdown, 8 weeks of Model S production) and 11k higher for deliveries (as I would have estimated deliveries = production).

Wow! I was pretty close! Got the Model S slightly wrong.