Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol. Market: "When will you ship FSD?" Elon: "When it is finished".

1yu9m1.jpg

Don't worry. A civilization-changing work of art will be well worth the wait.

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure Michelangelo told the Pope "next year" a few times. And each year the work had grown and improved so much the Pope had no rational choice other than to let him continue.

I would prefer to let Elon split the stock when he thinks it's the right time to split. I like unexpected surprises if you know what I mean.

Elon knows the game that's being played and I'm in it for the long-haul so he can split it how and when he feels it will do the most good.

I fully agree. It is Tesla's decision when it is in their best interests.
but I still think it's worth trying to prompt some discussion.

I think this is my 3rd tweet. As usual, greeted with thundering silence :)

You said it.

I don't trust the overall the shenanigans that keeps making SP literally opposite reality. Setting a near date feels like driving a car off the cliff, should I jump out, or just get lucky like Starsky and Hutch. I will only do leaps, none planned here. Good luck!

I had hoped to not even be looking at TSLA every day by this point in 2021, but I guess that plan backfired. Seeing as I'm about even over the last 3 weeks and we haven't even really popped yet, I'm feeling good. Options with TSLA is a worthwhile adventure if you're gonna be staring at it every day anyway. All this "manipulation", which is really just sanctioned market making, creates opportunity.

Look at where we are today. A rational person buying calls the last three weeks with a better gameplan and bankroll would be absolutely crushing it right now, and the SP hasn't even popped yet. HODLing is fool-proof, doesn't mean there aren't obvious windows of leverage opportunity with TSLA.

10:1?! I won’t even be able to do simple calculator calculations without it spitting out letters and symbols. ****!

We will time and again be facing headwinds for unknown reasons ... So do we do a Stock Split every time to mitigate? Is it the hammer for every nail(problem) ?
FUD will not go away anytime soon.

The sideway trading will last for another 10-20 days until earnings max, so time to chill. (i'm not expecting daily gains and am happy at the moment for being in upper 600's and like 750+ after earnings)

+ Earnings season, and i think tech will do well in general as well ..

+next split at 2K ;)

Last edited:
Looks like Model 2 factory is being built in Shanghai. Entrance at the west end and first phase of the factory there? (Around 4min mark)

Have a feeling we are gonna be seeing a lot of activity there very soon.
Thanks. I heard WUWA and fellow TMC'ers mentioning this new site a ~week ago. Is it officially confirmed or still rumor stage?
How does leasing land in China/Shanghai works exactly - is it likely that this land was in some sense reserved for Tesla years ago like WUWA seems to indicate?

We will time and again be facing headwinds for unknown reasons ... So do we do a Stock Split every time to mitigate?
I agree the FUD and shorts will never go away.
I will like the bump when the split eventually happens.
I will actually like the SP bump whatever makes it happen.
I sincerely do think Tesla belongs in the DJIA.

We will time and again be facing headwinds for unknown reasons ... So do we do a Stock Split every time to mitigate? Is it the hammer for every nail(problem) ?

The sideway trading will last for another 10-20 days until earnings max, so time to chill. (i'm not expecting daily gains and am happy at the moment for being in upper 600's and like 750+ after earnings)

+ Earnings season, and i think tech will do well in general as well ..

+next split at 2K ;)

I think GME has taught us we need to become more comfortable making short-mitigating moves like stock splits as a regular means of counterbalance. And why not? We could use a split anyway. If there were no such thing as shorting and a split were announced tomorrow, no one would be surprised.

Is it in the best interest of shareholders? Yes. Beyond simply making shares more attractive to small retail? Unclear.

It'll happen in it's own time and I'm fine with that. Just think we can get down in the mud every once in a great while if it's in shareholder interest to do so.

IIRC Tesla/Elon can not do anything more than a roughly 1.9:1 split at this point without a vote to authorize more shares- and seems unlikely they'd do that small a split- so they can't really "surprise" us with a new split as things stand unless it's a quite small one.

Shareholders would increase the authorized outstanding shares as soon as it was asked of them. It's a mere formality.

If you are saying Tesla can't do a 5:1 between now and that formality, then I would suggest you are not looking at the bigger picture. I'm looking at the next 5-10 years in general. And I do believe Tesla could swing a 2:1 at any time. I've been doing this long enough to remember when 3:2 and 2:1 were the most common splits.

Additionally, I tend to believe what you term a "small split" would not be small in terms of repercussions. Namely, any dividend stock split would have essentially the same effect, without a massive capitalization by those who had created large numbers of synthetic shares, it would require all naked short positions to be covered.

there are now 254 ETFs with exposure to TSLA. About a month ago it was 234. 10 days ago - 244.
For comparison, about 385 have AAPL and 360 for AMZN
At this rate we can expect institutional buying till mid 2021.
View attachment 636587
Quick update, 6 weeks later there are now 268 ETFs with exposure to TSLA. The rate of acquisition has slowed down significantly. This can last till 2022.
1617737292371.png

Interesting piece of FUD from "Investors Daily Journal" or some other silly named "news" outlet. I won't link, but here's the headline:

Two Companies Will Reach $2 Trillion Next (Tesla Isn't One)​

So you're saying we're in the conversation for a $2T valuation? Where? Top 5 maybe?!!?!

Is this some brand of deep reverse FUD one of you threw out there for the algos? If so, well done!

Yes, I was planning to buy my way to my share goal, but that rumored imminent 5:1 stock split is a much easier way. Thanks.
Breaking News:
Confirmed by super secret anonymous sources, deep, deep, deep undercover, but in the know and of untarnished repute :
TSLA stock prize 2021 rise will be close to 2020: ~ 10X !!
Buy now - or forever woe your inaction!

All predictions about the future are predicated upon these facts:
  • that we are not living in a simulation (or if we are, this is the one where Elon wins the future)
  • there is such a thing called cause and effect, and that it differs from total randomness
  • that all words above such as 'will', 'buy' and other wordings are the ravings of a random internet person and have no valid legal standing.

Last edited:
Barron's - 25 minutes ago: Green Infrastructure ETFs

Excerpts:

Joe Biden's plan for a greener U.S. economy could drive gains for clean-energy ETFs owning companies engaged in a wide array of green businesses, including electric vehicles, energy storage, and smart-grid infrastructure...

..Specifically, the plan offers Americans a $7,500 rebate to purchase an EV, versus the current option of claiming it as a tax credit, That would mean car buyers wouldn't have to wait to file their taxes to get their money -- a move that Magoon says would bolster sales. The incentives also prioritize American-made cars, giving Tesla an edge over Chinese competitors such as NIO (NIO), or other foreign rivals like Volvo (SE: VOLV. B), he added.