Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guy, I know you're all excited about the premarket rise, but I'm seeing some warning signs. TSLA does NOT appear on CNBC's "biggest movers in the premarket" list, so please be wary of investing.

I would like to point out that Occidental Petroleum IS in fact on that list and was just today given an analyst upgrade from "neutral" to "buy".

Some might say investment in oil is an investment in stranded assets and that OXY is more leveraged than just about any other major oil stock, but I think we need to look into this. CNBC always points me in the right direction when it comes to investments.
Let’s see what the bots do with THAT post.

• Funny
Reactions: MC3OZ and kanweg
What I'm most impressed by is that TSLA now has a market cap north of $600 billion and yet it's this easily manipulated. The amount of wealth and power required to manipulate an S&P 500 component with that kind of market cap exists and we saw it deployed almost effortlessly to contain the SP last week until those with wealth and power were properly positioned and ready to let it rise. The whole stock market is nothing more than a shell game played by the wealthy and powerful to engineer more wealth and power for themselves.
That's the entire purpose of this thread IMO. We distill a version of reality, compare it to the current SP and invest accordingly. Quickest way to change the status quo is to close these wealth loopholes via the open market. You don't like the "manipulations"? Counter them with options.

Doesn't ap and eap falls under FSD? Before FSDs price hike, full recognition of eap is about 50% of FSDs revenue.
EAP and FSD are sold separately so I don't think from an accounting perspective they can be treated the same. Not 100% sure but I believe this to be the case. They are separate bins of money. You can be at 100% revenue recognition of EAP functionality but only 20% delivery of FSD functionality.

Either way, it will be nice when the revenue recognition percentage increases because not only does it allow Tesla to bank that stored money, it also instantly increases margin by a significant amount on each new car they sell with those features.

Last edited:
EAP and FSD are sold separately so I don't think from an accounting perspective they can be treated the same. Not 100% sure but I believe this to be the case. They are separate bins of money. You can be at 100% revenue recognition of EAP functionality but only 20% delivery of FSD functionality.

Either way, it will be nice when the conversion rate ticks up because not only does it allow Tesla to bank that stored money, it also instantly increases margin by a significant amount on each new car they sell.

That's right. When a traditional car company without OTA updates develops more functional software it only benefits units going forward. When Tesla develops more functional FSD, it benefits every car that ever bought that feature (unless the car has been totaled).

On a related note, a lot of manufacturers are now claiming to have OTA updates. However, they are different from Tesla's OTA updates in that they can only update a portion of the total software. Most can't flash new firmware into the various modules while Tesla's software is all integrated. Tesla doesn't pay others for software, they write it all themselves. Which is a large part of why Tesla's are so responsive and work so well without bothersome lag or delay and companies like Ford and VW are in "software hell" and have laggy behavior in most of the software.

Let’s see what the bots do with THAT post.
One of AMOM’s standout achievements has been correctly anticipating price moves in electric-vehicle maker Tesla’s TSLA stock. The fund sold off all of its shares in Tesla at the end of August, before the stock fell 14% in September and a further 10% in October. AMOM bought that dip, reinvesting in Tesla in November, and loaded up on shares until the end of January, at which point Tesla made up 6.7% of its portfolio.

Before the start of February, AMOM sold off its entire Tesla holdings as the stock was near its all-time high. Shares in the EV company are down more than 12% since the beginning of February, when the AI decided to sell up. AMOM has yet to buy Tesla again.

The entrance of AI-run funds onto Wall Street promised a new high-tech future for investing, though it hasn’t quite lived up to the hype yet. Theoretically, researchers have shown that AI investing strategies can beat the market by up to 40% on an annualized basis, when tested against historical data.

By coincidence (?) Elon's recent "Going to moon" comment was perhaps referring to going to the actual moon. And the TSLA SP is going to already be there, waiting, and wondering "What's taking them so long?"

SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket — the same booster type that once sent the "Starman" mannequin to space in a Tesla Roadster — will send the Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover (VIPER) to the moon, on private company Astrobotic's lunar landing system.

How many 800 call options are there now for Friday? Have the MMs started rolling them to higher strikes?

Still a ton.

1618408569573.png

How many 800 call options are there now for Friday? Have the MMs started rolling them to higher strikes?

Call wall at $800 still intact. I doubt we go over 800 this week. But I don't care either way. Just waiting for the ER to send us to ATH. (Not advice)

By coincidence (?) Elon's recent "Going to moon" comment was perhaps referring to going to the actual moon. And the TSLA SP is going to already be there, waiting, and wondering "What's taking them so long?"

SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket — the same booster type that once sent the "Starman" mannequin to space in a Tesla Roadster — will send the Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover (VIPER) to the moon, on private company Astrobotic's lunar landing system.

He also recently said he wanted to put DOGE on the moon. I'm making a guess that he wants to put a tiny solar powered miner up there that will communicate with Starlink. That would be a very Elon thing to do, knowing full well how most will take that as pumping the coin's value to the moon.

Last edited:

Call wall at $800 still intact. I doubt we go over 800 this week. But I don't care either way. Just waiting for the ER to send us to ATH. (Not advice)
Call volume just today for the $800 strike is 29k - MM's could be off loading their shares to let it run tomorrow and Friday.
That's a scary amount of volume with the open interest staying relatively unchanged.