Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rumors have it that Giga Berlin may add an e-bike as one of its first products:

Giga Berlin news & NEW PRODUCT might be coming soon !!! (see tweet in orginal German)

c.f. Elon Musk says a Tesla Electric Bicycle could be coming from a 2018 podcast
I'd love a Tesla eBike, but I can't see it happening soon. How does it further The Mission? There's no shortage of eBikes out there and some very fancy ones to be had too (like the G4C GoCycle I already own):

1619421840682.png

For people who are not able to see the quoted tweet it’s likely referring to this one.

That Chinese protester got into the media day of the show using a manufacturer pass from NIO glass roof vendor. Also she posted images on social media before that was taken from passenger seat of a NIO car.

If this protester was indeed somehow linked to NIO, even if just a owner or fan, then it’s really a disastrous smear campaign.
They usually would be very careful to pick the “user” for these kinds of stuff, so to not link back to who is really sponsoring.
Or, she could be deliberately picked to hit two birds with one stone.
It's a fun narrative, but I've been at auto shows and press day tickets are not hard to come by. They just cost more than regular day tickets.

If you're looking to make a ruckus, press days are most interesting because you're swamped by press, which love a good story.

3. @Artful Dodger, et al., I would think for any significant rise in SP of TSLA, the level of buying must exceed the level to which manipulators can produce shares out of thin air (naked shorting). Do you mind sharing your thoughts on where quantitatively things are on the ability of these manipulators to produce the fake shares, compared to pre-S&P inclusion?

There is no limit to the number of counterfeit shares that can be created by naked shorting by hedge funds enabled by the options market maker's exemption.

The whole Gamestop $GME saga in January proved this when 140% of that companies equity was sold short, proving incontrovertible that there are NO controls either via FINRA or the SEC to unlimitied shorting.

Hedge funds don't report to the FINRA or the SEC. Short sales which result in fails-to-deliver (FTDs) are supposed to be reported twice per month, but are clear not being reported. As I've written here since Aug 2020, the simplest perpetual short scheme is for two colluding hedge funds to simply sell the same shares back'n'forth in ping-pong fashion within each SEC reporting period.

The SEC is not checking for this. Even high levels of FTDs rarely result in any SEC action, and almost never result in any detterent level of penalty.

What's holding wedgies back? Fear. Tesla has zero chance of ban crup see in the next decade or longer, and TSLA holds a big hammer w. the ability to issue stock dividends (which shine a light on the 'roaches).

Right now, wedgies appear comfortable manipulating individual moves and controlling the SP. They organize bear raids whenever they feel like seizing some profits. The medical equivalent to having hedge funds is living with a parasite.

#Blockchain FTW

The endless debate about Tesla ads keeps missing a crucial fact: Tesla has ads. They abound on YouTube, which is the medium favored by the young and/or smart, rather than network TV that is interrupted every four minutes by soporific commercials for gas cars and prescription drugs.

Some ads were produced by Tesla, some by fans and/or digital media companies showcasing their talent.

But you want Tesla ads on network TV during the Super Bowl. Why, when Tesla can't satisfy demand now? To correct, you say, public misperceptions about issues distorted by FUDsters. Well, fair enough, but do you really think a 30-second commercial paid for by Tesla will change the minds of people who mistrust Tesla? They will likely listen more to folks they respect educating them by word-of-mouth, or by sending them a YouTube video.

So if you think a particular misperception really needs correcting, why not stop complaining about it on TMC and instead suggest the issue to one of the fans/companies who have made great YouTube videos. I would start with Chris Collins, who made this:

That 'ad' is actually amazing. I would love for everyone to be able to watch that. I think it would open a lot of people's eyes, and portrays Elon very well for what he actually is rather than the gossip / criticism which most seem to hear about him instead.

Happy earnings day everyone! :)

Last edited:
How does [a Tesla eBike] further The Mission?

Simple. Batteries. Ebike batteries are a mess right now: slow to charge, heavy, low capacity, low life time.

A Tesla ebike could have a 1 kWh battery pack which weighs 3 kg, recharges in 20 min, and lasts for 20 years.

Did you read the statement about the value of a new bike route to the Grunheide factory site? How Brandenburg could become the center of a transportation renaissance based on e-bikes?

I will own one of the Tesla bikes (and I have owned numerous e-bikes beginning in 1999)

The endless debate about Tesla ads keeps missing a crucial fact: Tesla has ads. They abound on YouTube, which is the medium favored by the young and/or smart, rather than network TV that is interrupted every four minutes by soporific commercials for gas cars and prescription drugs.

Some ads were produced by Tesla, some by fans and/or digital media companies showcasing their talent.

But you want Tesla ads on network TV during the Super Bowl. Why, when Tesla can't satisfy demand now? To correct, you say, public misperceptions about issues distorted by FUDsters. Well, fair enough, but do you really think a 30-second commercial paid for by Tesla will change the minds of people who mistrust Tesla? They will likely listen more to folks they respect educating them by word-of-mouth, or by sending them a YouTube video.

So if you think a particular misperception really needs correcting, why not stop complaining about it on TMC and instead suggest the issue to one of the fans/companies who have made great YouTube videos. I would start with Chris Collins, who made this:

Tesla youtube "ads" only reach superfans and antifans.

What Tesla needs to do is reach consumers in neither group that can afford their cars, software, and various other products. To convince these folks to consider buying Tesla products. Not to try to convince the loony toons of TSLAQ.

There are legions of folks that can afford $39k plus vehicles and $10k software that don't spend hours every week on youtube. It doesn't matter if they are older and less hip. Their money counts just the same to the Master of Coin.

Tesla might currently be selling every car they can produce without discount. They are certainly not selling every copy of FSD they can produce. Per Elon only 1-2% of Chinese Tesla owners buy FSD. Tesla was not selling every S&X they could produce for a very long time.

It is not the job of Tesla customers to do their marketing for them. It not the job of customers to do customer service/communications for them.

I certainly won't work for a multi-billionaire/ MNC for free.

This one was interesting to look back at, one year later. Elon Musk might be a bit optimistic with timelines, but these guys clearly underestimated the rate of technological progress with enough pressure.

Ez3Pb4iVUAQg0uS

Starting with the fact that a lot of the mRNA basic research occurred 2010-2020, and manufacturing expertise and capacity (to some extent) was already in place with some companies. It is a remarkable story, with quite a bit of good luck involved including that the accumulated research matched the need.