Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there really people who earned enough credit or awards to receive a "free" Roadster? Does that fall under the Gift tax? It's 50%. The reason very few people take home prizes from game shows.
Oh yes, some bloggers like fickle freddi even won two. They are the primary reason Tesla ended the program, and the best reason Tesla has to delay the Roadster til everything else is running and profitable.

Reactions: AZRI11 and T@oo
Lol, that's story was debunked quite a while ago. About 10K Model Ys were shipped from Shanghai to S. Korea in April, and those vehicles were not included in the CPCA sales estimates.

TL;dr Don't worry; it'll be fine.

Cheers!
Do you have a source stating that the 10k model 3s shipped to S korea was not part of the CPCA data? As of right now, Rob Mauer considers the Model Y shutdown to be at true, therefore the weak CPCA sales estimates. He almost didn't report about the 10k Model 3s going to S korea under the assumption that out of the 14k shipped, 10k went to S korea.

Well, if you put a few things together, it becomes clear that Tesla is going to both increase Q2 Model Y production and trial run some new assembly techniques at home base before production begins in Berlin:
  • New "Sprung" structure has gone up at Fremont in the past 2 weeks
  • Giga Texas gigapress making front castings, a vehicle config not in production anywhere yet
  • New Gigapress is kicking out production type volumes (more than needed for calibration/validation)
This all points to the fingerprints of just one man: somebody gettin' things done in a hurry :D

Cheers!
Maybe the Model Y that will be build in the tent aka "Sprung" is the new front and rear single castings. Maybe just prototypes for now.

This dude is in love with fuel cells.

There are at least eight battery electric pickups in development, including Tesla’s Cybertruck and the Ford F-150 Lightning, but Glickenhaus doesn’t think they’ll be up to the task. “I would short them all,” he said. “In New England, for instance, battery vehicles don’t really work. My Tesla loses a lot of range in the winter.”

The fact that Elon Musk routinely derides what he calls “fool cells” is a motivator for SCG, which challenged him to compete in Baja against the hydrogen vehicle. “Bring it,” tweeted Jim Glickenhaus.

Rumor has it Jim has found a secret weapon for his future fuel-cell domination empire.

trevor-milton-27488.png

It astounds me that so many Murdock influenced western countries have been fighting energy independence (USA, UK, Australia). UK has slowed down/banned wind turbines & we still get loads of power. What a missed opportunity, we could have flooded the electricity market or even exported it to France. Once EVs take off, Tesla powerwalls become more known, I think the narrative will change, huge Tesla storage demand but delayed by 2 or more years

"In early hours of Friday, windfarm turbines provided nearly two-thirds of Britain’s electricity"

Bloomberg - early this morning: Musk says may build plant in Russia

Excerpt:

“I think we’re close to establishing a Tesla presence in Russia, and I think that would be great,” Musk said Friday. “Over time, we will look to have factories in other parts of the world, potentially Russia at some point.”

In mother Russia, plant builds you.

Last edited:
Forward Observer

I tend to see that which you cannot see. The pie chart on page 7 in the 1Q21 Tesla financials is of particular interest to me; therefore, not you. First, and foremost, you must understand my brain is not common ~ be thankful yours is not like mine. There has been a time or two where I would gladly cited inside my head and bet the heck out of the operator of my brain.

oh yes, the chart.

Chart, What Cars do Tesla buyers Trade-in ~ “Our competitors are 98% ICE.” My initial brain wave was in 2017 my/focus was Tesla, the person we obtained their Tesla customer code also was focused on Tesla. I did not know these people, but I knocked on their door and asked for their code. They looked at me with crossed eyes ~ at first they had no idea what I was referring to ~ kind a funny had you been there. My trying to keep it local and reward them for parking on the street for me to dream. Their story, despite my being a wak-o off the street was: They purchased a Tesla because it was their stepping into the retirement world with a car that exceeded their expectations. They said, “it was between a Mercedes and Tesla.” While in the military my dream was BMW and Mercedes ~ ended up with wife’s choice or three Volvos due to safety advertising and experience. Bottom line, the chart does not reflect folks moving up, or Mercedes.

The statement about trade-ins being ICE ~ no duh. We are coming in from the cold; therefore, 98% of trade-is will be ICE.

Chevy had the door open to become what Tesla is; however, they chose the road more traveled by ICE-bergs. They chose calling names as opposed to researching and leading the charge of change. Leaf had the opportunity to move the world into a brave new direction; however, while they popped the clutch, they forgot to press the battery power.

There is no competition from Want-2Bs new vehicle manufacturers or Tesla killers as bewildered writers want you to believe. No, the only competitors are ICE block producers. They are only now thinking of turning the ship in a different direction. Cars do not turn on a dime even when driven by James Bond ~ 007. ICE manufacturers are tired of paying Tesla for carbon credits ~ sitting in the penalty box. These people/corporations are pissed as they move forward, they are not creating out of a desire for better. They are from a position of anger ~ frothing at the mouth.

Can you imagine a major fossil fuel extractor thinking and making decisions back when Jimmy Carter toyed with solar; had invested in solar and wind energy production instead of digging in the sand. I know, what ifffffff.

Just be thankful you do not live in my head:)

Nope. You cannot have it both ways. If Tesla has to sell the credits for 50% of the value, that implies Ford can buy them for 50% of their value. You can't value something at 100% when you can buy it at 50%.
If your competitor knows you absolutely need the credits he is likely to charge you more than if you don't.

And not giving your competitor ~$3500 per BEV sold to build factories to kick your arse is worth at least $3500.

BTW, you are giving away your auto industry ties by capitalizing "Ford Lightning" but bastardizing "cybertruck" with a lower case. Just one clue of many. ;)

I wanted to work for an OEM after college but it never happened.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I know it shouldn't be a factor, however it appears TSLA is tracking lower with the -10% drop in BTC over the last few hours. In future should Tesla wish to hedge against the USD, perhaps they should consider the Canadian Dollar which has been on a tear the last few months (CAD is resource based after all, think rising prices of lumber and gas), and doesn't carry the negative stigma of an outlier currency.

Ford is +7.5% today adding to their solid gain of yesteray (+10% since Lightning reveal) so good on Ford. Glad they are coming out to the EV party. Investors are keen on EVs. There is room for more than one winner in this race. Our future is at stake.

Was hoping for a winning week, not to be. My Yahoo Finance feed shows week starting at $580.97 and ending today just shy at $580.88. I won't even start on the USD to CAD trade (CAD is now at six year high to USD). TSLA is down five weeks in a row which has not happened since March 2018. We all know what happened after that. Looks like better weeks to come.

As long as any OEM continues to pump out gas vehicles, they’re still part of the problem and not the solution. Period. Sure there are financial/business considerations for these dinosaurs (boohoo), but until they’ve found a way to cease building gas vehicles, they won’t get an iota of kudos from me.

This is why I’m far more interested in applauding or rooting for newbies such as Rivian or Lucid. As hilarious as they often are.