Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also agree that additional lending could be a good idea to streamline the product offering. I'd prefer for them to just remain a finance company at the moment though as banks have a heavy regulatory overhead which would be another distraction for Elon. The only downside of not becoming a bank (as opposed to finance company) is that they can't take deposits, but Tesla has plenty of cash and there's plenty of investor appetite for tesla bonds/securitisations.
Actually the definitions become very, very specific and arcane.For antique reference just google 'non bank bank'. That septic definition made the capital I needed to end out with TSLA in my portfolio. Major point: don't assume the definitions actually are logical. That is, Tesla can do nearly anything imaginable in financial services if it makes sense to do so. Mostly it doesn't.

Front or rear?

Looks like a front casting to me.

Do you have a source stating that the 10k model 3s shipped to S korea was not part of the CPCA data? As of right now, Rob Mauer considers the Model Y shutdown to be at true, therefore the weak CPCA sales estimates. He almost didn't report about the 10k Model 3s going to S korea under the assumption that out of the 14k shipped, 10k went to S korea.

The ships destined for South Korea and Japan were dispatched from Pier 80 in San Francisco. There is no reason why they would fall under CPCA data. Troy has another data point indicating that Fremont supplied South Korea, but I can't share it because it's behind a paywall.

1621628878408.png

Are there really people who earned enough credit or awards to receive a "free" Roadster? Does that fall under the Gift tax? It's 50%. The reason very few people take home prizes from game shows.
Yeah, looks like:
An impressive number of people ended up reaching that level, and we estimated that Tesla would be giving away about 80 new Roadsters on top of giving out significant discounts to many more.

Looks like a front casting to me.

The ships destined for South Korea and Japan were dispatched from Pier 80 in San Francisco. There is no reason why they would fall under CPCA data. Troy has another data point indicating that Fremont supplied South Korea, but I can't share it because it's behind a paywall.

View attachment 664713
This is good to know. The initial post was 10k shipped out of shanghai not part of the CPCA data

• Informative
Reactions: Paul_SF
There is a lot of engineering talent in the English Midlands being wasted on F1. F1 is a dead-end business just like the rest of the petroleum business. I expect it to die suddenly as ICE makers pull their support for racing because they need the money for core business in an effort to survive. Smart engineers in F1 should be looking for new opportunities now. If Tesla builds a factory that allows those engineers to earn a great living while doing rewarding and challenging work without relocating it should be appealing to them.
I agree with the sentiment but I expect F1 to remain the pinnacle of tech in a number of areas. They have moved with the times and will likely switch to 100% battery in the next 5 years I would guesstimate. Hamilton is getting a run for his money this season.

Reactions: FireMedic
Only five days in 2021 with a lower closing price than today.

200-day SMA is going to start jumping here. Will be interesting to see if the SP rises to keep pace. It has been signaled as "support" over the last 7-10 days, so I wonder how that plays out in the coming week or so.

The 200MA hasn't been a support since it was broken on Monday, and has been acting as resistance ever since.

Only five days in 2021 with a lower closing price than today.

200-day SMA is going to start jumping here. Will be interesting to see if the SP rises to keep pace. It has been signaled as "support" over the last 7-10 days, so I wonder how that plays out in the coming week or so.
Username checks out.

Bloomberg - early this morning: Musk says may build plant in Russia

Excerpt:

“I think we’re close to establishing a Tesla presence in Russia, and I think that would be great,” Musk said Friday. “Over time, we will look to have factories in other parts of the world, potentially Russia at some point.”
Here's the referenced Q&A. I think the article excerpts the most relevant parts to Tesla.

Reactions: UncaNed and AZRI11
This is good to know. The initial post was 10k shipped out of shanghai not part of the CPCA data
More perspective on the CPCA April China Sales data:
The transport of vehicles on car carriers from Tesla GF3 Shanghai to the Shanghai Haitong Port is about a 2.5 hour round trip and this does not include the time to offload the vehicles form the carrier.
Glovis Sun started loading vehicles on April 28 and loaded for 1.5 days.
Lake Geneva started loading vehicles on May 5 and loaded for 1.5 days as well.

It is my opinion, that vehicles for these 2 ships were produced in April and in transit or sitting in GF3 logisitcs lot and not counted as sales or exports in the CPCA April numbers and will be counted in May. The total of 3 days of loading time (1.5 + 1.5) is probably about 4,000 vehicles.

Hopefully we will see strong China numbers for May.

Lol, that's the MVac nozzle. With Sea level nozzles, rocket-roadster be like 100x this loud:

That car had fire coming out of it, do you not know the difference between combustion and cold gas thrusters?

There will be no fire and the sound will be totally different more like this

Sure it will be loud but not combustion rocket loud. More hissing air loud.

Last edited:
More perspective on the CPCA April China Sales data:
The transport of vehicles on car carriers from Tesla GF3 Shanghai to the Shanghai Haitong Port is about a 2.5 hour round trip and this does not include the time to offload the vehicles form the carrier.
Glovis Sun started loading vehicles on April 28 and loaded for 1.5 days.
Lake Geneva started loading vehicles on May 5 and loaded for 1.5 days as well.

It is my opinion, that vehicles for these 2 ships were produced in April and in transit or sitting in GF3 logisitcs lot and not counted as sales or exports in the CPCA April numbers and will be counted in May. The total of 3 days of loading time (1.5 + 1.5) is probably about 4,000 vehicles.

Hopefully we will see strong China numbers for May.
Unless there is another boat loading on May 28th.

OT:

About 5 years ago my wife and I met a Tesla investor at Keoki's Paradise in Poipu, Kauai. I forgot his name but we had a great conversation about Tesla. I was not yet an investor as I found it still too risky for my investment goals at the time but he was convinced beyond any doubt whatsoever that it would be a big winner. It wasn't until a couple of years later that I felt comfortable building a TSLA position. We didn't talk amounts but I had the impression he had a lot of money invested and was not going to sell a single share. He owned a jewelry store on the Island that mostly sold higher end jewelry, black pearls, etc. to people visiting Kauai.

Anyone here know who it was? Nice guy. I can't imagine he's not a TMC member.