Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NBC - shortly after market close: Can Ford's F-150 Lightning electric truck persuade the heartland to go all-electric?

Excerpts:

However, it is likely to take time for "heartland" motorists to embrace electrification, said Kristin Dziczek, lead analyst with the Center for Automotive Research.

Tim Esterdahl, a longtime pickup owner in Nebraska, said the technology "isn't quite there yet."

"My problem with a truck like Lightning is the trade-off you have to make in rural areas where there's no real infrastructure," said Esterdahl, who frequently posts about trucks on YouTube. The more weight loaded into the bed or the bigger the trailer you're towing, the more the range drops...

Ford's Lightning is the third battery pickup revealed so far, following the Tesla Cybertruck and the GMC Hummer — with as many as eight more to follow.

Prices are starting to dip. One reason for the Lightning's initial success is that it will start at $39,974 — just $16 less than Tesla's Model Y SUV...

Not everyone is convinced. Honda and Toyota expect that there could be more demand for hybrids well into the future. Neither has launched a long-range electric vehicle in the U.S.; Toyota will unveil its first next week in an event at its headquarters near Dallas.

In a few parts of the country, notably California, EV sales are already pushing toward double-digit numbers. But the surge is barely visible in other parts of the country.

Well, I provided investment advice to my best friend, who finally got off their duff and financially positioned well enough to begin investing in TSLA. Went and got my first vaccine shot and lived, though Saturday I was contemplating for several hours amputation of my injected arm with a butter knife. And I pet my cat. A lot. With the hand on my good arm.
Glad you didn't have to cut off your arm!

Hey, is this your mountain?

Glad you didn't have to cut off your arm!

Hey, is this your mountain?

1621923545647.png

doesn't look like a mountain to those of us without an instagram account.

Sounds believable. Sawyer has sources and a pretty good track record

Can't wait for next Thurs!

What excites a Tesla fan may not always excite investors and the media. Also, hyping the event may be more about hyping a Twitter account, getting more followers and feeling like the center of the universe.

But I’m prepared to be pleasantly surprised and admit I was too skeptical.

View attachment 665881
doesn't look like a mountain to those of us without an instagram account.
You shouldn't need an Instagram account. But you had me worried (that I had an Instagram Account) so I opened it in a In Private browser window and it worked there too.

Pretty impressive digs. Looks pretty secure too but nothing my mercenaries can't handle. :cool:

I have the bitcoin transactions as follows:

Purchased 46,775 bitcoins for average price of $32,068 for $1.5B
Sold 4,572 bitcoins at $59,487 for proceeds of 272m ($128m gain)
Remaining bitcoints at 42,203 valued at $31,493 for total of 1.33B on the Q1 Balance Sheet.
@The Accountant
Sorry if this was already discussed somewhere in this or other threads. What are the odds of some hedging by Master of Coin to cover this accounting loss during a Bitcoin dip? I am wondering about possibility of hedging especially after Elon explicitly gave credit to Zach for (being able to handle with) Diamond hands. Do you see any scope for such hedging? I am aware that in Q1 they didn't apparently do any such hedging, but maybe they didn't then because they already were planning to sell some (for stress testing Bitcoin :) )

Royal Dutch Shell secured a $2.5 billion contract for making a battery pack that stores energy from a nearby sun farm. Isn't this Tesla's specialty, why don't the Australian's order a second Hornsdale power reserve? Shell is a company that has shown multiple times over that they don't have humanity's best interests in mind, kind of makes me mad that a project like this is given to them.

Excerpt:

"Australia's New South Wales (NSW) state said on Tuesday it has awarded a A$3.2 billion ($2.5 billion) 10-year power supply contract to Royal Dutch Shell PLC, which includes supplying battery back-up power for wind and solar energy."

Royal Dutch Shell secured a $2.5 billion contract for making a battery pack that stores energy from a nearby sun farm. Isn't this Tesla's specialty, why don't the Australian's order a second Hornsdale power reserve? Shell is a company that has shown multiple times over that they don't have humanity's best interests in mind, kind of makes me mad that a project like this is given to them.

Excerpt:

"Australia's New South Wales (NSW) state said on Tuesday it has awarded a A$3.2 billion ($2.5 billion) 10-year power supply contract to Royal Dutch Shell PLC, which includes supplying battery back-up power for wind and solar energy."
a) Did Tesla bid on this? Can't feel hard done by if they decided not to even try.
b) Is there enough capacity at Tesla to do this?

I dislike the fossil majors as much as you, but there's room for everyone if renewables continue to ramp.

They get heavy flak from their shareholders to green up ..
I think this is one of the greewashing-things. Maybe even at a loss.

Still better than have a shareholder-vote making your core-business unviable because your sharholders basically forbid the nastiest things ...

Excerpt:

Just quick follow of some breadcrumbs ..
Seems Edify Energy is the company that will handle the solar farms
Also looks like Edify has projects in portfolio where they use Tesla batteries
Cheers!!

a) Did Tesla bid on this? Can't feel hard done by if they decided not to even try.
b) Is there enough capacity at Tesla to do this?

I dislike the fossil majors as much as you, but there's room for everyone if renewables continue to ramp.

Actually after googling a bit it seems that Tesla is involved with multiple projects in the area of New South Wales, in partnership with different energy companies. Perhaps they don't have the capacity right now because they have their hands too full already! But I am not familiar with these projects, it would be interesting if an Australian can tell us which battery plants Tesla is involved with right now.

Perhaps the "Great Western Battery" (1000MWh) will also use Tesla batteries

Maybe there will be a "One more thing" at this event related to the Roadster:

- Musk recently stated a 0-60 time for the SpaceX package and teased design updates - seems like they're getting close to production
- Plaid+ (rumored to be a test of roadster tech) ordering is disabled. This would help differentiate S and Roadster
- Roadster was announced before Plaid+, I'm sure there's pressure to deliver
- Roadster is lower volume, will match the 4680 volume better while their battery lines ramp up

🤔🤔🤔

I hope people on social media don't over hype 6/3 which would allow various talking heads on TV to comment on how disappointing it was if not every single wish list item was filled.
:oops:
Poll - 3rd June topics
TMC not expecting a Roadster update.
I want and expect nothing more than a simple button...

And that is the true story of how the F-150 Lightning came to have, not 10, but 11 electrical outlets. ;)
I want to know who in the marketing department dropped the ball, with all those outlets you would have thought SOMEONE would have had the bright idea to use a Plug-In Refrigerator instead of an ICE cooler like that Yeti in the Frunk.

Nothing is happening on 6/3 other than some customers getting Model S deliveries.

Capiche?
Yeah, where did this talk of something happening on June 3 come from? I never quite seem to know what's going on.

And all of a sudden this forum's giving me FOMO vs. the gloom from some posts from way, way back.... a day or so ago saying to hold off buying because it'll likely dip a bit lower...

Hmmm... what to believe, what to believe... ???