Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joe T has morning casting pics. Looks like they have made more and moved them to a loading doc.

I wonder if they could use these casts to validate production processes at Fremont in order to more quickly ramp production at Austin when ready. Or maybe the lines would be so different as to not make that possible.

It’s totally normal to have high scrap yield during trials of new parts like castings and body panels. That’s why you do trials, to work on the new equipment, die and mold setups. This is not plug and play, folks. Lots of programming needs to be done and adjustments. This is intricate, complicated equipment and processes.

Please, fake it until you make it. You’re making us all look bad .

Wow, AT low posts here. Saw a nice pop above 612 at 9:27 pst or so, but other than that, we cant even seem to hold 600...appears laboring. Clearly below 200MA
My thinking is that the market want to touch MA200 at 594 before climbing. And if that's the case it's hard work to get down there. Which is a good sign really. But it could just be that I've had too much coffee.

I wonder if they could use these casts to validate production processes at Fremont in order to more quickly ramp production at Austin when ready. Or maybe the lines would be so different as to not make that possible.
This brings us back to the question of what they are doing with GA4/4A at Fremont now that (presumably) all Y production is on GA5. Using GA4/4A to validate. the production processes to be used in Berlin and Austin for structural pack and front casting would very sensible. but this is very speculative.

My thinking is that the market want to touch MA200 at 594 before climbing. And if that's the case it's hard work to get down there. Which is a good sign really. But it could just be that I've had too much coffee.
Yeah, 594 is also where the highs of last week are, we should see a bounce off that level. I set a buy order for 594.50 - tryna load up some more before we take off again

Tesla's localization efforts continuing in Shanghai. Remember (per the Q1 CC) that all of Telsa worldwide was dependent on Giga Nevada for drive units in Q1 (Tesla could not get travel permissions for engineers req'd to commission the GF3 Drive Unit workshop). Now, Tesla has double the supply of drive units, and lower expedite costs for components manufactured on different continents. Improving gross margins will continue to reflect this trend in Q2.

Last edited:
Sparta X2 is very powerful.

Yeah, judging by today's Options trading volume, there is a hard floor forming at the 600 SP now with about 43K contracts trading today.

We'll need to wait until tomorrow morning to find out what net effect that volume has. Before trading began today, there were just 5,784 Put contracts open at the 600 Strike price (and 7,958 Call contracts).

If the number of Put contracts at the 600 Strike increases substantially, then it becomes increasingly expensive for MMs to allow the SP to go below that level (thus forming a 'hard floor' for the SP).

Options.Volume.2021-05-24.13-00.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
if
Just as promising. These things start with a sputter, and it takes a while to get good parts.
Elon was a good buddy of ours we could ask to buy thosecastings and hang em all the wall behind our desks, or put a plate of glass over one and have a table...
An early reject casting from Austin...Way cooler than a signed powerwall. And it'd be art.

Just like the reporter who learnt his lesson many years back, folks finding out that Tesla has a Black Box type devices that can track everything.

Among the many components, this ability to record behavior and pull the logs has saved Tesla since the beginning.
Can't wait for CNBS, Lora Kolodny, Linette Lopez etc. to follow suite apologizing for spreading lies.
But, I guess Tesla legal has to threaten them first as Tesla-China did to those FUDsters.