Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually after googling a bit it seems that Tesla is involved with multiple projects in the area of New South Wales, in partnership with different energy companies. Perhaps they don't have the capacity right now because they have their hands too full already! But I am not familiar with these projects, it would be interesting if an Australian can tell us which battery plants Tesla is involved with right now.

Perhaps the "Great Western Battery" (1000MWh) will also use Tesla batteries
You called.:)
There are actually a very large number of big battery projects going on in Australia right now. Tesla has won a good number of them but its still a competitive market with a lot of vested interests.

Below is a link to an interactive map the RenewEconomy launched today. It shows all of the big batteries currently operating, in construction, announced or proposed in Australia. Some like the 300MW/450MWh Victorian Big Battery project list Tesla as the supplier while others are left blank.

Big Battery Storage Map of Australia

big-battery-storage-map--702x526.jpg

Royal Dutch Shell secured a $2.5 billion contract for making a battery pack that stores energy from a nearby sun farm. Isn't this Tesla's specialty, why don't the Australian's order a second Hornsdale power reserve? Shell is a company that has shown multiple times over that they don't have humanity's best interests in mind, kind of makes me mad that a project like this is given to them.

Excerpt:

"Australia's New South Wales (NSW) state said on Tuesday it has awarded a A$3.2 billion ($2.5 billion) 10-year power supply contract to Royal Dutch Shell PLC, which includes supplying battery back-up power for wind and solar energy."
This is plan, patented by BP years ago, to leverage green washing into billions of green Euro bonds and other revenue for investors and oil rapidly dies off.

What could be better? Take the contract and some revenue, drag your feet to slow the project and save on cost. It's a win/win!

@The Accountant
Sorry if this was already discussed somewhere in this or other threads. What are the odds of some hedging by Master of Coin to cover this accounting loss during a Bitcoin dip? I am wondering about possibility of hedging especially after Elon explicitly gave credit to Zach for (being able to handle with) Diamond hands. Do you see any scope for such hedging? I am aware that in Q1 they didn't apparently do any such hedging, but maybe they didn't then because they already were planning to sell some (for stress testing Bitcoin :) )
That's a good point. Hedging is a possibility. However, my hunch is that they didn't. Interested to see what Elon meant when he gave recent credit to Zach.
I wonder if they purchased more with the dip? (ducks head to avoid incoming tomatoes from several TMC members 😬)

Pretty dumb to name an event '...Meditations and Insider Information'.

Sure, you were being flippant, you can explain that to the SEC, they are known for their sense of humor :rolleyes:

The SEC was formerly an agency to be afraid of. It looks like now it's become sport to see who can be most like Elon.

Yeah, pretty dumb, especially if these people are buying shares. I don't follow any of those people, is there any chance they have been infiltrated by a TSLAQ plant to bring the wrath of the SEC on them? Who was the non-brainiac who came up with the name of the event?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bunky and traxila
That's a good point. Hedging is a possibility. However, my hunch is that they didn't. Interested to see what Elon meant when he gave recent credit to Zach.
I wonder if they purchased more with the dip? (ducks head to avoid incoming tomatoes from several TMC members 😬)

I don't think Elon is big on hedging things that don't need to be hedged. I also think once you publicly disclose a position, you might have an obligation to disclose that you have hedged that position such that it is negated. Otherwise it might be considered misleading.

The SEC was formerly an agency to be afraid of. It looks like now it's become sport to see who can be most like Elon.

Yeah, pretty dumb, especially if these people are buying shares. I don't follow any of those people, is there any chance they have been infiltrated by a TSLAQ plant to bring the wrath of the SEC on them? Who was the non-brainiac who came up with the name of the event?

Interesting thought. Not sure who came up with the name, but combined with the fact that they were indeed discussing/alluding to potentially non-public info, it's incredibly unwise. As someone who has investigated insider trading for a living, I am face-palming pretty hard over here.

Nice dump of shares right before open.

Yeah, dropped the SP 2.50 in the final minute of the pre-market: (same trick they tried yesterday)

TSLA.2021-05-25.09-30.png

Just look at the timestamp for the Pre-market Low: (09:29:15 AM)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated May 25, 2021 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on May 26, 2021 04:00 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$609.51 +3.07 (+0.51%)
Pre-Market Volume418,158
Pre-Market High$613 (04:30:59 AM)
Pre-Market Low$607.1 (09:29:15 AM)

Took a few days off for a much needed post CV-19 lockdown, and have been catching up on posts. Don't think I've seen this posted, so while kind of OT, it was funny AF, and probably true as well...

SNL season finale did a piece on producing the show during CV-19, and how difficult things were. Then they showed highlights of the best moments this season: A few seconds of Wario dancing in place. That was it, the only highlight all season long. And, I agree! Clip here, jump to 3:27.

Don't @ me. SNL hasn't been funny in decades.

Also haven't seen this here, so apologies if not new.

CNBS China reporter posts on twitter about an hour ago:

EV
@Tesla
posts on social media it has set up a data center in #China to store China car data locally. Says will add more centers, open platform so car owners here can access their data. (Beijing pushing new data security laws incl. for smart cars. $TSLA under scrutiny )

Based on his tweets, I assume that Zach talked Elon off the ledge(i.e. not just dumping it all in anger/annoyance). I'm a crypto guy but I hope they didn't buy more. They have their position which will probably pay off handsomely but I don't want to bring it back into the limelight.

Glad you didn't have to cut off your arm!

Hey, is this your mountain?
Arm is doing really good today, so I’m also pleased about not cutting it off. It’s still handy to have.

Obviously not my mountain. I’d have carved it into a cat. 🙄