Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the "far left activists" are just unhappy German auto industry execs, haha.

There are so many companies in the world that aren't "green, ecological nor social"--picking on Tesla, of all companies, is just plain silly.

No, this seems to me like the work of Big Oil's economic hit men.

Had to go to the big city to see a doctor of eyeballs for an over the ear update. All the way in through rush hour traffic I was thinking how nice it might be if the ICE car I'm in had the ability to drive itself.

Now that the appointment is done, I got to thinking whether there is anything else to do before escaping back to the sanity of my preferred rural environs. Then, I remember there is a Tesla showroom five miles away, and I have never touched or sat in a Tesla.

Is seems appropriate that an inspection of my investment is in order.

Okay, y'all get back to ticker watching, I'm gonna go have some fun.
This is funny, although I have no idea why you would own TSLA without ever inspecting their product. It's usually the opposite for most people, who drive a Tesla and then the lightbulb goes off that this is way.

Good video explaining Pierre’s Cash Return on Assets.

it does seem like there’s a flaw?

he projects 2M sales in 2023, but a capacity of only 2.25M at the end of 2023. Since Tesla will still be in major ramp mode I would imagine 3 million would be a much more likely capacity entering 2024. This would increase the assets, and therefore reduce his return on assets.

Am I right? Tesla is never going to get full benefit of return on assets, until growth slows quite a bit. They just always have a lot of their production lines ramping.

I would think the majority of the asset dollars associated with a new factory and its production lines is invested before they begin ramping production. The building, robots, GigaPresses, etc. are counted as assets before becoming fully productive assets. Progressing from 100 vehicles per day to 1,000 and then 10,000 shouldn't increase the total factory assets in a major way. The expenditures of time and labor required to allow the lines to operate faster and faster with fewer issues are operating expenses not additional assets. As more GFs are selected and constructed going forward, there will always be overlap between constructed ones maximizing their output balancing the capital expenditures for the new ones being built and provisioned.

Had to go to the big city to see a doctor of eyeballs for an over the ear update. All the way in through rush hour traffic I was thinking how nice it might be if the ICE car I'm in had the ability to drive itself.

Now that the appointment is done, I got to thinking whether there is anything else to do before escaping back to the sanity of my preferred rural environs. Then, I remember there is a Tesla showroom five miles away, and I have never touched or sat in a Tesla.

Just remember, whatever the trade-in they give you on the ICE car is...you won't be thinking about it ever again. ;)

I wonder if the "far left activists" are just unhappy German auto industry execs, haha.

There are so many companies in the world that aren't "green, ecological nor social"--picking on Tesla, of all companies, is just plain silly.

That was my first thought and my assumption without any information to the contrary.

Congrats on buying your first Tesla! 😉

View attachment 666441

View attachment 666440

TL:DR

Competition is coming, yada...yada..yada...but....would i short it?....

View attachment 666442
A Legendary Investor no one has ever heard of..........may be changing my handle to "Legendary Accountant"

No oil money necessary. They are against all of those companies. It's tough being a communist even in Europe today but that's what these extreme groups would prefer. They get better press calling themselves environmentalists though.

Goodby resistance, hello support! To 660 and beyond!
I consider myself a Technical Analysis neophyte at absolute best, but "The Stocks Channel" (thanks to other who have linked his videos several times) tells me that $625 is the resistance test we should be watching, and if that falls, it's off to $660+

09:35 in

This price action is encouraging, but I have really started to at least inform myself of Technical indicators lately to watch the support and resistance levels before getting too excited.

edit: I'm team @st_lopes until @The Accountant pledges feline fealty.

This is funny, although I have no idea why you would own TSLA without ever inspecting their product. It's usually the opposite for most people, who drive a Tesla and then the lightbulb goes off that this is way.
I bought TSLA because I couldn't buy SpaceX. 😉

Besides, I trust you guys and gals. Well, most of you, anyway. 😏