Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until they make FSD transferable I am not buying it, not even if they offer it for $5K. It’s a ripoff now and it will be a major ripoff at that price.
It’s not transferable? WTF? I wasn’t going to pay for it anyway but that is just inconceivable.

Is my upgraded paint and interior going to be clawed back too when I sell it? 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Disagree
Reactions: cubsnlinux
It’s not transferable? WTF? I wasn’t going to pay for it anyway but that is just inconceivable.

Is my upgraded paint and interior going to be clawed back too when I sell it? 🤦🏻‍♂️
If you have FSD on your car, it's transferable to the next owner of the car in the event the car is sold. It is not transferrable to another car you are buying.

Should have spelled it out for you. It is non transferable to self. For folks like me who buy a new car every 2-3 years a FSD purchase is flushing money down the toilet. No matter how much I want to keep my next purchase for a few more years, there is so much innovation happening in the EV space that the temptations would be too hard to resist.

Should have spelled it out for you. It is non transferable to self. For folks like me who buy a new car every 2-3 years a FSD purchase is flushing money down the toilet. No matter how much I want to keep my next purchase for a few more years, there is so much innovation happening in the EV space that the temptations would be too hard to resist.
Exactly! A lot of people lease cars for 2 or 3 year contracts. I have purchased and sold multiple Tesla vehicles since FSD became a feature. FSD at 10k or 14K could never be justified unless you are going to own the car for several years.

Elon is the first guy I have seen that has been successful at selling a software product for several years that doesn’t even exist at this point in time. That is a pretty impressive feat when you think about it, and I wonder how it is even legal. Those of us willing to pay for the FSD package are paying for the promise of something great in the future that we might not ever get to use, since we will no longer own the car once it is fully functional.

I have a problem paying for features that aren’t yet functional and removing features that were previously included with EAP or even the original Mobileye Autopilot 1. Summon and auto lane change were previously available on basic autopilot packages. Now I need to pay 14K for that? Give me a break! Bring back EAP and bring on FSD subscriptions so we don’t need to own our cars indefinitely.

Sorry for the late night rant, but the FSD package is probably the most infuriating aspect of the whole Tesla ecosystem. We have watched it go from $6,000 to $8,000 to $10,000 and now maybe $14,000 over the last couple of years with very little added functionality. Elon is trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy - the lunacy that Tesla vehicles will not be depreciating assets because of the added value of FSD.

Last edited:
Exactly! A lot of people lease cars for 2 or 3 year contracts. I have purchased and sold multiple Tesla vehicles since FSD became a feature. FSD at 10k or 14K could never be justified unless you were going to own the car for several years.

I also have a problem paying for features that aren’t yet functional and removing features that were previously included with enhanced autopilot or even the original Mobileye autopilot 1.

Summon and auto lane change were previously available on basic Autopilot 1. Now I need to pay 14K for that? Give me a break! Bring back EAP and bring on FSD subscriptions so we don’t need to own our cars indefinitely.
So, what I’m hearing is the autopilot functionality on a 2021 Model S will be the exact same as what my daughter’s 2019 Honda Civic has as standard equipment unless I pay up for EAP or FSD. Well isn’t that special on an $80,000 car. The story just gets better and better...

Reactions: Blue Stuff
So, what I’m hearing is the autopilot functionality on a 2021 Model S will be the exact same as what my daughter’s 2019 Honda Civic has as standard equipment unless I pay up for EAP or FSD. Well isn’t that special on an $80,000 car. The story just gets better and better...
Don't know about the Civic, but the lane keeping on a 2019 Accord is laughable, and very poor on a 2019 MB 560. A 130k car.

My AP1 car does have an occasional affinity to become one with K walls and some semi trucks, but otherwise stays centered in the lane and no phantom braking.

Note how I spelled braking.