Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder what happened? Big money on big volume came in at the end.

Things I know didn't happen:

Breaking news on unionization at Tesla. :D
NHTSA and IHSC mad at Tesla for removing radar.

1622145761512.png

It’ll get challenged in court by not only Tesla but states like Texas.....and the union stipulation will be struck down very quickly.

On what legal basis would it be struck down?

Which is why I don’t think any political or the Biden campaign will keep any wording of requiring union. It would hold up the entire infrastructure bill in courts for a long time

that's not really how that works.

A challenge to that specific provision wouldn't hold up 'the entire bill' in court.

Big omnibus bills are generally written to be severable.

It's why none of the bits of the ACA that have been knocked down caused the rest of it to be "held up" or thrown out.

Funny enough, the unions bankrupted GM and Chrysler. Can't adjust to market conditions if entrapped by thugs.

For the short term and especially the union bosses, cash in hand is better.

Companies under union stronghold don't have to thrive, just sustain enough to print checks.

We can't let Tesla face the same fate.

Nor do I suggest we should.

BTW, UAW later found another- better in their opinion- choice besides stock options. Profit sharing.

Their GM contract for example gives workers $1000 per billion in EBIT (so about 9k from 2020).

Now- for 2020 specifically, options might've been better for workers.

But year over year the stock was basically flat or down for almost all of 2010 through 2019.

I think that's part of what some folks are missing mainly watching Tesla.

Stock options are awesome if the company stock is shooting up a lot- and certainly worth having as part of your compensation.

They're less awesome- and a lot less worth asking for- when your company has already been bankrupt once, and spent most of the time since flat.

• Informative
Reactions: Thumper and PeterJA

Can anyone with insight advise what are the odds of the law being changed before production starts in Austin?
or will they have to ship cars made in Texas out of Texas before Texans can buy them ?