Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was going through in my own mind what else Tesla could show on the Model S delivery day.

1. They should show the final Cybertruck design.
2. They should show the final Roadster design.
3. They should give update on Semi production timeframe.
4. They should not say anything new about the $25K Tesla. Reason being is I dont think they should even mention the $25K Tesla again until after the fate of the new EV Tax Credit law is known. Dont want any politicians to back off because $15K (after credit) Tesla damages to much of politicians ICE car production in their state.
This $25k Tesla is not going to be a $25k Tesla. By the time it starts it will be a $29k or even $32k Tesla. There is nothing in the $35k slot anymore.

It’s Friday, which implies a weekly options expiration. A cursory survey makes it appear that the TSLA $600 strike price could be the most profitable target for big options writers with the ability to manipulate the share price.

That being said, the TSLA 200-day SMA (simple moving average) is at $604. From a technical perspective, it would be encouraging for TSLA to close above that level.

Was going through in my own mind what else Tesla could show on the Model S delivery day.

1. They should show the final Cybertruck design.
2. They should show the final Roadster design.
3. They should give update on Semi production timeframe.
4. They should not say anything new about the $25K Tesla. Reason being is I dont think they should even mention the $25K Tesla again until after the fate of the new EV Tax Credit law is known. Dont want any politicians to back off because $15K (after credit) Tesla damages to much of politicians ICE car production in their state.
Others don't agree:
Poll - 3rd June topics

Looks like more anecdotal evidence Tesla is getting FSD and the subscription service ready for that end of June timeframe. I doubt they would go through hassle of that email unless they were very confident it's ready. I take these kinds things a lot more seriously than Elon's timeline tweets

I don't see how that has anything to do with the FSD subscription being available. They have already used 3 months of free FSD as a end of quarter promotion. They just turn it on, and then turn it off three months later.

Did anyone notice these? Any ideas what they could be?

View attachment 669321
I'll derail the current, shockingly on topic, discussion regarding production and delivery to ask TMC to speculate on what is hiding under those covers (thanks @mickle for the highlighting).

The test track has been repaved. Could the "star of the show" be what is hiding under the car covers? Compared to the vehicles parked next to them, they appear to be too small for CT. What say you TMC, under the grey covers the Roadster and under the black covers the SpaceX version??

Note: If you look at the 3rd from the bottom grey covered car, the small part of the front end exposed seems narrow compared to all of the uncovered cars.

Consumer Complaints in China - Top 30 in May
That's right.....Tesla does not make the top 30.

1622829469987.png

1622829479575.png

Tried to look Chinese social media for Tesla related sentiments for the past few days, here is my conclusions so far:
  • Tesla cars all have broken brakes.
  • Tesla admitted their brake issue with the recall, (even though that is only for 700 cars and the issue will slowdown the car instead of make it lose brake).
  • Tesla cars only have one pedal, you know, for one pedal driving, and seems they don’t have brake pedal at all.
  • Tesla cars don’t have mechanical door releases, if the car loses power(which happens all the time) you are trapped, there was a guy who almost suffocated and had to break the windows to get out.
  • Tesla lawyers are B**ches who goes after innocent independent voices of consumers.
  • I even saw a 10k words article analyzing why one pedal driving is a issue unique to Tesla, and how dangerous it is, all while clarifying he doesn’t own a car and don’t know how to drive.
/s

Rest assured these are all coordinated attacks that Chinese consumers saw many times before, and true buyers won’t be swayed by those.

Notable absence is any FUD about build quality issues, no complaints about panel gap, paint, weather seals or anything, seems Giga Shanghai nailed that part real good.

I have a second thought, that CCP propaganda machine seems have not clashed on these narratives yet, is maybe because they want to “encourage” Tesla to export more cars, which is a huge deal to local and central government. If Tesla threatens to slow down expansion, it could change overnight. But that would be a high level 4d chess that we would never know what exactly happened.

Last edited:
May already have been posted, and may not really be in the best interest of Tesla ( official word from Tesla WILL be improperly quoted/ interpreted and turned against Tesla - again - so better not give the FUD any more to shoot at ). BUT at least it helps give Rob Maurer some recognition and maybe the public at large will be more likely to look up his channel than the many wannabes.