Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make of this what you will. Doesn’t say where they are exported from.

Thanks, I totally missed that. I would assume they come from CN and not Fremont...

Reactions: NooB_cat
We don't even know what the debacle is. Chip shortage? Software delay? Drive trains reliability issues? No one knows and you are pinning this on the Semi guy like it's his fault. The guy is leaving and everyone on this forum feels he went from the savior of Tesla to the burden of Tesla without knowing much of anything.
Agree. The guy has been kicking goals for a decade at Tesla and no small part of why the company is where it is today is because of his work.

The S/X upgrades have been delayed....but much less so than the original X launch, the 3 ramp (which Jerome helped fix with the tent) and many other projects over Tesla's life.

I think there's little chance that Jerome suddenly got demoted/fired because the update took a few extra months, particularly because delays are accepted by Elon under the right circumstances.

In my opinion, it's more likely that Jerome had been doing long hours for a decade and told Elon he wanted to move on. Elon gave him the focus on the Semi project as a way of trying to keep Jerome in the company but with more flexibility and time to focus on a passion project. Ultimately that wasn't enough for Jerome to keep his interest in the long hours.

I think we went through this yesterday already, no?

I'm the biggest bull on the block and eternally optimistic, but my initial reaction is that AFAIK, Tesla are not exporting MY from CN

Please correct me if I'm wrong on that point
Agreed. In Australia we can't even order them. If they are exporting, at least send a couple our way.

I guess CN numbers are decent...
1623142268382.png

I'll never understand why seemingly normal people visit those dark corners of the Internet. ;)
@StealthP3D
sometimes curiosity as to if they have changed their outlooks or mindsets.
chatted with someone, pushed a few rhetorical buttons in a slightly condescending, somewhat supercilious manner

“what have you done to preserve your wealth?” she asked me

pointed out she, while wealthy from very active trading, I did no work other than buy and hold,
pointed out that she lacks even a scintilla of a vision of the future that I have been pointing out since 2012 and fail at basic comprehension,

(pushed buttons that drive them into a tizzy whilst refining my viewpoints

pointed out that 7 figure fluctuations of portfolio valuation do not concern me anymore as we are at the beginning of the exponential curve, as they no longer do.

TSLAQ remains mired in a tangled web, but it’s nice seeing they cannot mature or even glimpse the future that 100’s of 1,000’s of us do, growing in numbers every day
(and i’m probably not “normal”), (90 degrees incident)

Last edited:
Ok, so the China nunbers were good, but the 44/45k number which was supposedly corroborated by multiple sources was totally nonsense?

Wish everyone out there on the interwebs (bulls, bears, and media) would stop posting their “rumors from a source”. It’s all hogwash.

There’s just about one remaining inside source I trust, and he has been “Wright” just about every time that I can remember.

Also, re: Mach-E:

The Norwegian Automotive Federation (NAF for short) staged its second electric vehicle range test this year. It tested 21 new EVs, driving them on a full charge of their batteries, until they died on the side of the road. The goal of the test was to not only see the vehicles’ actual real-world range, but to also see just how accurate the claimed WLTP range really is.

The Tesla Model 3 Long Range was the overall winner, according to the source, and it managed a very impressive 654.9 km (406.9 miles). Next was the Ford Mustang Mach-E Long Range RWD 617.9 km (383.9 miles), or just 27 km (16.7 miles) less than the Tesla. The source points out the Model 3 it tested is the updated version with the 614 km WLTP claimed range (up from the pre-refresh model's 580 km).

Comprehension ability of Ford fans(?)

Polestar didn't do too great there

Ok, so the China nunbers were good, but the 44/45k number which was supposedly corroborated by multiple sources was totally nonsense?

Wish everyone out there on the interwebs (bulls, bears, and media) would stop posting their “rumors from a source”. It’s all hogwash.

There’s just about one remaining inside source I trust, and he has been “Wright” just about every time that I can remember.
Looks to me like the China data might be deliveries with export counting as a delivery?
So the production numbers could be different.

Official production and delivery numbers are what count.
You are right, rumous are wrong more often than not.

Reactions: transpondster
Also, re: Mach-E:

The Norwegian Automotive Federation (NAF for short) staged its second electric vehicle range test this year. It tested 21 new EVs, driving them on a full charge of their batteries, until they died on the side of the road. The goal of the test was to not only see the vehicles’ actual real-world range, but to also see just how accurate the claimed WLTP range really is.

The Tesla Model 3 Long Range was the overall winner, according to the source, and it managed a very impressive 654.9 km (406.9 miles). Next was the Ford Mustang Mach-E Long Range RWD 617.9 km (383.9 miles), or just 27 km (16.7 miles) less than the Tesla. The source points out the Model 3 it tested is the updated version with the 614 km WLTP claimed range (up from the pre-refresh model's 580 km).

Comprehension ability of Ford fans(?)

Polestar needs to do a little work...

It looks like the 44/45k number fortunately wasn't taken seriously by the market or not widely dispersed, or we would have seen a drop in premarket due to 'disappointing numbers'.

All inn all good China numbers. Will be good to get some more detail on this in the Q2 letter from Tesla. Seems very likely to me there was a pause/hold up due to parts and delays in March/April and that the curve during May is pointing upwards quite sharply. In other words it seems like this bodes well with regard to total Q2 numbers from China.