Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla had a PR department until roughly a year ago... (it's unclear the exact date they ceased to, since there was nobody to announce it :p)

How do you explain both their existence for most of the companys history, and it seemingly having no impact on years and years of speculation and FUD?

Were they just really bad at their jobs and that's why they're no longer there and they couldn't find good replacements?
A PR department does only limited good when there are huge financial and political incentives to spew FUD. However, a PR department would help Tesla owners correct the FUD they hear from friends and co-workers. I think it would be a good idea for Tesla to send newsletter type emails to owners.

Uh. What?

edit: Nevermind, it's back to $680 now <Heartbeat returns to normal>

Attachments

• TSLA.JPG
    TSLA.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 60
On June 23, TSLA popped above its 50-day SMA (simple) moving average. This after spending a few weeks hugging lower at its 200-day SMA. There was further gain on June 24 amid increasing trading volume. Since then, TSLA has zig-zagged within a narrow range amid slowing volume. Today the zag was down, likely due to an analyst’s price target reduction.

Meanwhile, many traders may be sitting tight until Q2 delivery numbers are released, which likely will occur late on Friday. If that news is good, there might be another significant pop upward. It may presage a forming first wave of a significant five-wave Elliott impulse series to the upside.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, many traders may be sitting tight until Q2 delivery numbers are released, which likely will occur late on Friday. If that news is good, there might be another significant pop upward. It may presage a forming first wave of a significant five-wave Elliott impulse series to the upside.
I don't really understand how that last statement makes any sense (or at least is useful in any way). Any upward movement over any time period can be the first wave of an Elliot Impulse Wave, as the first wave is just upward movement.

A PR department does only limited good when there are huge financial and political incentives to spew FUD. However, a PR department would help Tesla owners correct the FUD they hear from friends and co-workers. I think it would be a good idea for Tesla to send newsletter type emails to owners.
Agreed.

In addition, it could do potential harm to Tesla's image to openly combat FUD in the mainstream when no benefit can come from improving the public's perspective. Because, any additional buyers would be inconvenienced by the long wait for their car and then, added to the FUD would be a wave of dissatisfied buyers complaining that Tesla won't deliver cars.

Even if combating FUD seems like a good thing, the timing for doing so should be coordinated with Tesla being able to deliver product to those additional buyers whose purchase would directly result from such a PR move.

WHOA....CNBS actually published 2 bullish analysts on $TSLA....upon further review, it was not written by our favorite columnist Lora Kolodny so makes complete sense:

View attachment 679425
ABOOU

this guy goes on a tangent and talk about SpaceX and Satellite receivers all the time :)

That's the infamous Google glitch....happens on a weekly basis.
It happens basically daily but a daily "glitch" is far too common to be just a glitch, especially since it seems to only happen on the TSLA chart. There has been a lot of speculation as to what Google is showing. It could be options activity like an exercise, it could be a pre-arranged trade, it could be dark pools activity. But whatever it is, a glitch it is not.

dont even know where to start with this one.... all i can say is what a joke ... brought to you by one of the companies directly responsible for accelerating man made climate change and creating miserable conditions for the poor in urban America....

initially i was rooting for US car makers to succeed in EVs but with the BS of each passing day and the benefit their stock prices are receiving on Tesla's achievements ... they can and should fail ... they have deliberately delayed the transistion to EVs and many lives have been lost as a result
As I posted in the oil thread last night, this is the goal of all their talk. BP, GM, all the worst actors that have no real plans for a post-fossil world. Massive Canadian pipeline company Enbridge just refinanced potentially billions in debt via "green bonds" at a half point below market price.

Basically we're handing these nearly obsolete players a lifeline they can leverage into continued operations, beyond the point where the market has given up on them, and fat investor payouts.

It's absurd.

Thanks for nothing.
While a student at Auburn I had the opportunity to attend the first game between Auburn and Alabama to be held on the University of Alabama Campus in over 40 years.
While Auburn is referred to as "The Cow College" because the best school we had was our Vet School, and UofA had the human Doctorin' school The University of Alabama students and Alumni looked down their noses at us.
I got to their campus a day early, but I just could not waste the entire week-end not studying. I needed a quiet place to do some larnin'. So I approached a fellah with a big red "A" on his sweater, and asked, "Excuse me sir. Where is the Library at?"
Well he recognised I was an Auburn student cuz I had "AUBURN" on my t-shirt I guess? He looked down his nose at me and told me in a lawyurin' voice (They got the lawyer school too), "Here at Alabama's Highest level of Academic Pursuit we do not end a sentence in a preposition."
Well, I knew I had messed up, So I correct myself and asked, "Excuse me, Where's the Library at, azzhole?"

(And that's how we told a joke 45 years ago at Auburn.)

It happens basically daily but a daily "glitch" is far too common to be just a glitch, especially since it seems to only happen on the TSLA chart. There has been a lot of speculation as to what Google is showing. It could be options activity like an exercise, it could be a pre-arranged trade, it could be dark pools activity. But whatever it is, a glitch it is not.

A friend of mine insists those are shorts covering, which never made any sense to me but he seems pretty convinced of it.

FWIW, I am not reading too much into this. Those who looked into this aspect, please share your inputs.
If this is to be taken at face value it means many fund managers still need to buy more TSLA to reach “equal weight”
A friend of mine insists those are shorts covering, which never made any sense to me but he seems pretty convinced of it.
These “glitches” appear in the TDAmeritrade charts as well. They generally fall on a whole number. I believe they are options being exercised.

Last edited:
Reading some CNBC nonsense and noticed they quoted TSLA's forward P/E at 137. Is that concensus for 2Q21 thru 1Q22 estimated earnings?

Isn't that a tad low for a company with locked in 80% growth for the next two years?

The forward P/E is just Tesla latest quarters earnings, Q1’s earnings, projected a full year out…….. as if Tesla isn’t going to increase earnings each quarter for the next 4+ Quarters 🙄

And yes it ridiculously low considering Tesla is growing earnings faster than revenue.