Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t take long for the lawyers to emerge.

Lots of awful fishy stuff about this:

1. Spotaneously combusted? A real lawyer wouldn't come to such a conclusion without evidence.
2. Posting to Twitter like this seems awfully unprofessional and shady for a law firm.
3. "Our client was trapped." Wait, if he was parked, was he just sitting in the car? Did it just catch fire right after he parked? Or was he not around and wasn't trapped at all? If he was trapped, but got out, he was not trapped.
4. Posting publicly that "we have been ignored so far" on social media seems awful suspect, especially after less than 24 hours.
5. Looking at the picture, the doors are all closed. Did he escape through the door? Then he was not trapped. He closed the door afterward? If he escaped through the window by rolling it down, why?

EVERYTHING about this incident seems fishy. I *really really really* hope they have some cabin/exterior camera footage or other black box data from this. I'd love for Tesla to catch these fraudsters in the act.

I meant the "trapped in the car" narrative the lawyer is pushing. The car was abandoned/empty.........he wasn't trapped.
As a lawyer, I very much doubt that tweet is written by a lawyer.

1) you cannot talk openly about a case like that. If you do (in a non privacy violating way) you can only talk to the media like that with hard evidence backing it up. (No time has passed for there to be clear evidence in any direction.)

2) not getting a reply within 24 hours is standard and normal. The other party (in this case Tesla) needs to contact its own lawyer to go through the facts and reply. Businesses get 7 to 30 calendar days to react normally. The fact that the tweeter is appalled he didn't get a reply yet is not very fitting for a lawyer, used to being on the other (defending) side of the fence.

3) if this were my case, I'd be working closely with the Police (and in the US NTHS or whatever it's called) and the car insurance company for damages. The insurer has to pay out (taking all the risk of a possible Court case) and then the insurance company will sue Tesla if and only if their experts see any reasons for that.

Tldr. No one tweets on day 2 like this. Didnt want to add oil to the conspiracy fire but I call BS. At least insurance fraud or something. (They totalled it most likely, perhaps drunk or without a drivers license, therefore scared of not getting paid by the insurer. Out of the 5 vehicle fires I've seen in my own cases working for an insurance company, 3 of them were the insured party setting it ablaze. They think it covers up all tracks but it mostly doesn't.)

EDIT: to the disagrees. If it is a lawyer, he's an embarrassement to the profession.

Last edited:
I thought they were unable to locate owner for like two hours....how if the owner just barely got out?
2 hours maybe....2 weeks maybe....
It may be time to offer faster delivery for TSLA shareholders.

Doing so could result in a run on chairs beyond any we've seen to date.

TSLA shareholders may sell some shares to purchase them...hmmm....WIN-WIN...$$ back into the business :)

1) you cannot talk openly about a case like that. If you do (in a non privacy violating way) you can only talk to the media like that with hard evidence backing it up. (No time has passed for there to be clear evidence in any direction.)

2) not getting a reply within 24 hours is standard and normal. The other party (in this case Tesla) needs to contact its own lawyer to go through the facts and reply. Businesses get 7 to 30 calendar days to react normally. The fact that the tweeter is appalled he didn't get a reply yet is not very fitting for a lawyer, used to being on the other (defending) side of the fence.

3) if this were my case, I'd be working closely with the Police (and in the US NTHS or whatever it's called) and the car insurance company for damages. The insurer has to pay out (taking all the risk of a possible Court case) and then the insurance company will sue Tesla if and only if their experts see any reasons for that.

Tldr. No one tweets on day 2 like this. Didnt want to add oil to the conspiracy fire but I call BS. At least insurance fraud or something. (They totalled it most likely)

Yeah but you are not an AMERICAN lawyer so you have no clue how it works here. 🤣

We don't care about facts. It's about

-Extortion of settlements
-Winning court of public opinion from low information people
-Supporting an anti Tesla agenda

Tldr. No one tweets on day 2 like this. Didnt want to add oil to the conspiracy fire but I call BS. At least insurance fraud or something. (They totalled it most likely, perhaps drunk or without a drivers license, therefore scared of not getting paid by the insurer. Out of the 5 vehicle fires I've seen in my own cases working for an insurance company, 3 of them were the insured party setting it ablaze. They think it covers up all tracks but it mostly doesn't.)

EDIT: to the disagrees. If it is a lawyer, he's an embarrassement to the profession.
Not that I disagree with any of your points, but here is a further tweet:

D67E73CD-5AA5-432F-AABC-C2C87911E88B.jpeg

and it appears there is indeed someone of that name that is a lawyer at that firm

So I gather you are not Lin Wood?

This does not tell the full story.

What about the driving mode that is used for the test? If EQS has an extremely low power ECO mode like Taycan then that does not make the car more efficient.

In ECO mode AWD Taycan becomes FWD, top speed is limited by 70mph, the accelerator becomes insensitive, AC uses less than half power, even lights and screens uses less power... and then comes good WLTP range because WLTP has to use the most efficient driving mode for testing.
Tesla ought to just create a “Uber-Green Hypermile“ profile that out plays those sneaky others!

Honestly, a vehicle with TM3 efficiency and>100kWh pack is just gonna have range!

The undercover interview with Exxon lobbyist McCoy was posted here, this is an article hightlighting the results:

While I find this scary (worse than I expected), is it good to have some evidence.
This is the norm not the exception in American politics and similar to market manipulation, it is treated as (lucrative) business as usual :rolleyes:

How can GJ predict 100% growth while pedaling the already peaked/ diminishing demand story???
I have had multiple discussion with his disciples. They take the numbers in the Q1 report for the production capacity of Tesla of 1,050,000 and say Tesla is not on target to hit that. So that means the demand isnt there. They say Tesla should be selling over 250K cars per quarter.

Keeping My Fingers Crossed 🤞

Numbers reported in Europe thus far look strong.
Of course 2 big markets (Germany and UK) have not yet reported and can make or break the Qtr.
Troy projected a 9% increase, we are seeing 23% so far.

View attachment 680371

This is the flaming car and #isoldmycarandmadeaprofit thread. GTFO with these numbers.

Keeping My Fingers Crossed 🤞

Numbers reported in Europe thus far look strong.
Of course 2 big markets (Germany and UK) have not yet reported and can make or break the Qtr.
Troy projected a 9% increase, we are seeing 23% so far.

View attachment 680371
Is Israel included in others? They could probably have a pretty big swing either way as well.

Our friend Lora on the refreshed Model S fire... the owner is lawyering up:

A 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid caught fire on Tuesday night in Haverford, Pennsylvania, while the owner was at the wheel, according to Charles McGarvey, Chief Fire Officer for the Lower Merion Township Fire Department.

Tesla began deliveries of the Model S Plaid, a new high-performance version of its flagship sedan, in June, after CEO Elon Musk had said (on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast) they would begin in February.

Musk explained in April that development involved “more challenges than expected,” and added, “It took quite a bit of development to ensure that the battery of the new S and X is safe.”

The car owner’s attorneys told CNBC that he noticed smoke coming from the back of his 2021 Model S Plaid and tried to unlock and open the doors, but had to force his way out of the vehicle, as the locks seemed to malfunction. After he left the electric vehicle, it began to move on its own and flames engulfed the vehicle.

The owner, whose identity has not been disclosed, is being represented by Mark Geragos of Geragos & Geragos in Los Angeles, and Jason Setchen of Athlete Defender in Miami.

Two crews of firefighters worked on the scene for just over 3 hours dealing with the emergency, McGarvey told CNBC.

As NBC News recently reported, electric vehicle battery fires can take upwards of 25,000 gallons of water to reach final extinguishment. By comparison, a typical fire involving an internal combustion car can be put out with around 300 gallons of water.

Firefighters removed the 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid to a complex to safely story it overnight, McGarvey said. The owner since had the car removed from that facility, McGarvey said, and will have the vehicle investigated independently to try to determine the cause of the fire. McGarvey said his teams had been in touch with Tesla and should release more information via public records soon.

A spokesperson for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration told CNBC it is aware of the Tesla vehicle fire in Pennsylvania, and is in touch with relevant agencies and the manufacturer to gather more information about the incident. They said, “If data or investigations show a defect or an inherent risk to safety exists, NHTSA will take action as appropriate to protect the public.

Another federal vehicle safety watchdog, the National Transportation Safety Board, is not conducting an investigation, it told CNBC.

Tesla is expected to disclose how many vehicles it produced and delivered last quarter in coming days. It has not yet said how may new Model S or Model S Plaid cars it has delivered to customers.

Last edited:
Our friend Lora on the refreshed Model S fire... the owner is lawyering up:
At least, if there is a defect with the refreshed Model S, it will be discovered extremely early on in the production run. I bought a few more shares after seeing that the stock price wasn’t affected much, if at all, by the bad news.