Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really want to see another stock split/dividend this summer to make the naked short sellers pay....

Yes, ideal timing would be to take effect about 8 weeks from now, coinciding with the end of the "flat-spot" in the 200-day Moving Average:

sc.TSLA.200-DayChart.2021-07-16.10-17.png

For a potential 5:1 split to take effect on about Fri, Sep 3rd (after-hours), the announcement should come during the 3rd week of August. This may work well with the timing of the AGM, where there will need to be a vote on increasing the maximum number of shares that Tesla can issue (currently limited to 1 billion; the BoD only has authority to exceed that share count by 20% w/o a vote of shareholders).

Hope a split works out for this Fall. The next advantageous moment may be after Elon's 2018 CEO comp. plan has been fully expensed (and appears in the 10-Q's), which could be 2022 Q1 or Q2.

At any rate, a split also paves the way for Telsa's listing on the DOW-30, or DJIA. That'll be a nice piece of free advertizing, especially as Berlin and Austin are ramping.

Cheers!

Good morning, Lordstown (again)!

Electric-truck startup Lordstown Motors Corp. RIDE +0.14% confirmed the Justice Department is probing its business, investigating matters related to its reverse merger deal last year and preorders for its forthcoming pickup truck, the Endurance.

In a regulatory filing Thursday, the company said it had been informed by the U.S. attorney’s office in Manhattan of its investigation, which follows one initiated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Whatever higher powers y'all pray to....please start praying for these people in this 'survey'
View attachment 684785
There is a strong historical basis for this. When Henry Ford was scaling up production of the Model T, market researchers found that what horse owners would most miss switching to automobiles was the smell of fresh horse manure. Surprisingly, the smell of manure was more popular than fresh bread, coffee and bacon in the morning This began the time-honored practice of Ford auto dealers dispensing horse hockey pucks as a sales technique.

Need to find the commentary (paywall link), but BofA (John Murphy) raises TSLA PT from $700 to $750. Hopefully the first of many once earnings are printed:

BofA/John Murphy is yet another clueless analyst. Here's his 2021 PT history for TSLA:
  • Jan 11, 2021 — maintained Neutral rating raising the price target from $500 to $900 :p
  • May 21, 2021 — Lowers price target from $900 to $700 based on "reduced company ability to raise capital through equity offerings" o_O
  • July 16, 2021 — Raises price target from $700 to $750 :D
This is yet another Wall St. "pea-in-the-whistle" analyst's note, intended into increase churn (while raising their fees).

Cheers!

Yes, the headline IS predictable. But, what he really said:

Is SO badass...."I don't care"...."Cybertruck looks like it was made by aliens from the future."
I just reserved a triple motor Cybertruck to support making it not flop.
And to lock in the FSD price.
And because now the Plaid+ has been cancelled it’s the longest range EV.
And really because of that cool CT camping extension photo, hopefully that becomes a real product.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great to see, although I would love to know how they came up with 27k as the break even for emissions because this study in 2015 says for a mid size EV it's 4,900 or for one the size of an S it's 19,000. And the grid has only become cleaner since then....

I think it’s an average. From what I’ve read, Tesla is significantly ”greener” at producing batteries and vehicles than other EV manufacturers. It’s as if they have a mission ;)

Here’s the latest data I’ve seen. Model 3 overtakes Corolla after 15,000 mi with typical US grid mix.

View attachment 685012
So, to “mansplain” the chart to non-chart readers…. :D

Production of a Tesla Model 3 & it’s battery pack results in approximately 50% greater CO2 production than a Toyota Corolla, initially, as they roll off the assembly line. If the Tesla is charged using renewable energy, it becomes a cleaner proposition within 6 months. If the Tesla is charged by the average US power grid mix, it becomes a cleaner proposition within 12 months. If the Tesla is charged by 100% coal-based energy, it becomes a cleaner proposition within 5.3 years. So, after 13 years, the Tesla is either 800%, 200%, or 7% cleaner than the Corolla.

Also, as the US grid gets cleaner, that 200% increases towards the 800%…
BTW- How would one find 100% coal-based electricity in the US?

MAX Pain today is at $650...

Welcome to a monthly options expiration day. Options related activity should be more evident than for an ordinary weekly expiration, but less than for a quarterly (Triple Witching).

A cursory survey of TSLA options data for options about to expire, suggests that $650 would indeed be the strike price that large options writers, with the ability to manipulate share prices, would consider to be the most lucrative target.