Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(there's also the question of cross licensing-is buying for the car a "pc" license you can use elsewhere (and vice versa) or its own platform entirely? but that's getting pretty far afield of being topical)
Could be easily solved by things like "use Steam on your Tesla". As Teslas are just using Linux everything is already in place. Including Proton & other fancy stuff.

Maybe we should do a class action suit against the market manipulators who cheated all of us.
Don’t think there are enough lawyers for all the lawsuits that would be necessary.

Maybe we should just initiate a new legal action at the close of the market on a daily basis. We should have backups ready to go for the after hours sessions. And we cannot forget those early morning market manipulators.

Think three class actions on a daily basis might cover it for now, but we should be on guard for those special intraday manipulations as well.

Now all we have to do is go back to the IPO and file all the lawsuits.

Have the Tesla China PRODUCTION figures for JUNE been released yet? I don't recall seeing them posted on this thread.

Thanks in advance :)
30,896 produced.
There was a 5 day holiday impacting the results. See my post here:

So, Port wine Batteries?

Lol, I'm still waiting for @mongo to tell us that 'formation' takes a hu-bus-load of energy, and it'd take a small Westinghouse reactor to power it all. :p

Yeah, and he'd be right, too...

Cheers to all the Engineers!

P.S. Here's Tuesday's technical chart from the Opening Bell:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-08-03.09-30.png

Indeed, I destroyed the rims of my MX trying to get out of a parking garage in Paris a few years back - and that was the less wide 20" winter wheels...

For driving in seriously close quarters, one advantage is the sensors that show very, very tight distances.That has saved my Model X numerous scrapes in old city centers like Bergamo even small ones like Saint Paul de Vence with ancient narrow roads around a hilltop city that foolish people actually try to use. As a former resident in that one it is surprising how quickly one adapts. Similar conditions exist worldwide in ancient cities. It is most difficult when navigating those city centers limited only to BEV's. I suspect when they made those rules they were thinking mostly of the tiny electric postal and delivery tricycles. More than once I followed a tiny electric garbage truck because it was a tiny bit wider than my Model X so if they could make it, I could.

That situation is likely to grow more fraught as more and more cities prohibit ICE in city centers.
Personally I cannot wait for a Model 2 or so. While it is survivable with a giant S or X, one cannot call it pleasant, and parking is usually a problem. Surprisingly, perhaps, there are usually charging stations somewhere in such situations.

Honestly, very surprised there aren't any "new money" articles in 2021 from the after effects of the tremendous wealth generation of 2020.

All I got from that article is my behavior is at least 2/3rds old money, even though I've only been wealthy for less than 2 years! Conclusion, must be a middle class British culture thing as much as being about old or new wealth.

All I got from that article is my behavior is at least 2/3rds old money, even though I've only been wealthy for less than 2 years! Conclusion, must be a middle class British culture thing as much as being about old or new wealth.
Most of the medium-long timers here are objectively rich or at least very well off. Yet we do the same things we did back when we were poor, talk about Tesla.

Oh boy, y'all aren't going to like this.

The folks at the software company making the wacky CyberLandr camper announced the winner in their drawing for a free one, and, well, look:

View attachment 691485

Ugh...guess it's wishful thinking that there could be a different one.

If it’s that Fred, this is definitely a scam. Another CGI project that will get millions and don’t deliver anything. Ha

Most of the medium-long timers here are objectively rich or at least very well off. Yet we do the same things we did back when we were poor, talk about Tesla.

This. I'd add that a majority of TSLA holders will be mission-oriented types of investors that care about the well-being of the planet and others.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get much out of the article, I found it helpful.

Reactions: Nocturnal
For driving in seriously close quarters, one advantage is the sensors that show very, very tight distances.That has saved my Model X numerous scrapes in old city centers like Bergamo even small ones like Saint Paul de Vence with ancient narrow roads around a hilltop city that foolish people actually try to use. As a former resident in that one it is surprising how quickly one adapts. Similar conditions exist worldwide in ancient cities. It is most difficult when navigating those city centers limited only to BEV's. I suspect when they made those rules they were thinking mostly of the tiny electric postal and delivery tricycles. More than once I followed a tiny electric garbage truck because it was a tiny bit wider than my Model X so if they could make it, I could.

That situation is likely to grow more fraught as more and more cities prohibit ICE in city centers.
Personally I cannot wait for a Model 2 or so. While it is survivable with a giant S or X, one cannot call it pleasant, and parking is usually a problem. Surprisingly, perhaps, there are usually charging stations somewhere in such situations.
I forgot to add that the China design 'Model 2' could quite easily outsell all other Tesla Models, including the Model Y, which has yet to have high volume production or even deliveries in several of the likeliest high volume ones. Now Austin allegedly is testing the total production line with the first one allegedly to be built within the next week. No matter how optimistic we can be, if the rumors are correct that both Model Y Austin and Berlin will be being built before year end, we are unprepared to judge how much demand stimulus will result. We easily could have more than 600,000 Model Y in 2022. If stamping and battery supply ramp work well we could be well above that.

The 'Model 2' will obviously be capacity limited, but if it is not being produced at an annualized rate of more than one million per annum by the end of 2023 I will be astonished.

More or less then we'll also have the Germany designed model entering the fray.

Just as soon as we have rough form factors and specification of initial production variants for both the Chinese and German models we should be able to assess demand. It is not unlikely that the 2022-2023 years will substantially exceed the 50% unit volume rise.

It is mostly about batteries, as usual.

Could be easily solved by things like "use Steam on your Tesla". As Teslas are just using Linux everything is already in place. Including Proton & other fancy stuff.

Sure- though that kills the whole "app store" idea for Tesla getting a cut of the game sales.

Ideally I'd prefer to see a model more like you buy for the car through a Tesla store (providing a cut of game revenue for Tesla) but the purchase includes a steam key so you can use the SW on PCs as well (there's other stores that already work this way, selling on their own platform but including a steam key for portability).

To be fair, your are an American driver and not an European that drove always in that environment and can manipulate a vehicle while shifting gears. Model Y and 3 are completely fine for native European drivers. 😊
Prior to acquiring a girlfriend who could not drive a manual transmission, I drove lots of cars with a clutch. Not all Americans have to have automatics. My daughter was surprised that when she got her German driver's license by turning in her Pennsylvania one they didn't limit her to automatic. They told her that since her PA license didn't limit her then they wouldn't. Of course that is not a thing in the US that I'm aware of. However I feel sorry for the owner of any manual transmission vehicle if she ever tries driving one. ;-) Will all be moot in 10 years when everyone who wants one has an EV with no transmission and doesn't even need a license to have their car drive them. Not sure even with the best AI a CyberTruck can maneuver a European parking garage.