Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know who KoGuan Leo is and how legit this tweet is? Sounds like a wealthy businessman.

A quick search finds me this:

Which seems to match his Tweeter bio:

1630814150267.png

Anyone know who KoGuan Leo is and how legit this tweet is? Sounds like a wealthy businessman.

Man.. things have gone postmodern in a hurry. I honestly remain absolutely shocked that AMC can sit on a 24b valuation which is not far off tsla pre 2019 for a company in material secular decline and likely insolvency. To me the biggest hint that there is some black swan waiting in the wings are these meme stocks but the entire social media fuelled enterprise of disingenuous speech is really I think problematic and we just haven't seen the full comeuppance yet for it.

Dana Hull article in Bloomberg concerning the Houston Model S crash from last April. Links to the NTSB, Fire Marshall and Constable reports at end of article.

High blood alcohol level in driver. Auto steer was not on.

This needs the standard "how it started....how it's going" meme

According to:

#1444 Leo REAL TIME NET WORTH $2.1B

So that would be 1/3 of his net worth. I am skeptical… But he is on shopping spree, he recently bought this one for US$46M:
Souce: This billionaire had to knock millions off his Singapore luxury penthouse to sell it

Reactions: hiroshiy
As a former Toyota Prius owner, a Lexus ad stating their first EV was available in Belgium triggered my interest. So I examined the specs.
First the good stuff: 10 year or 1 million km warranty on the battery. Great!
But then:
- max speed 160 km/h
- acceleration: 7.5 seconds to 100km/h
- range: according to their simulator, slightly above 200km at 21 degrees Celcius, only 180km at 30 degrees (which is the environment you’d be in going on a typical south-of-France summer holiday).
- only single motor available

Pricing between 53K and 65K euro, depending on edition. As a reference point, a Model 3 SR+ is 4K cheaper than the lowest price, a Model 3 Performance is 2K cheaper than the highest price.

Going for a higher end model doesn’t give you more range or performance.

Who *** **** is going to buy this?

Who *** **** is going to buy this?
The types that think having a Lexus makes them look sophisticated...

I used to think they we nice cars, back in the day, I test-drove their SUV hybrid in 2013 and loved it, support comfortable and the pure batter mode (at that time) was a revelation to me... didn't buy it in the end, thank goodness, as I discovered Tesla soon after. However, the new Lexus I see on the roads now are hideous, they've taken that same angular design philosophy as Toyota, with odd lines, the tail-lamps jutting out, etc., just awful

Anyway, if some Lexus faithful buy EV rather than an ICE, it's a good thing, and we all know that other EV's are just a gateway drug to Tesla...

However, the new Lexus I see on the roads now are hideous, they've taken that same angular design philosophy as Toyota, with odd lines, the tail-lamps jutting out, etc., just awful

That’s all fall-out from Toyota’s obsession with fuel cells: the Mirai needed those giant air intakes at the front to cool the fuel cells (because fuel cells are inefficient), and that design language permeated their entire car portfolio.

I would also think that at that level of wealth/business ownership his Twitter account should be verified and have a blue check mark.

As an individual, the requirements for verification are quite strict and might not apply in this case. Or he never felt the need/desire to apply for it as his following on Twitter is pretty small.

I went from a lexus to a model S. The interior of the lexus is unquestionably more premium feeling than the tesla, even though the s was twice the price. Tesla really could do with upping their game on the whole luxury interior front.
Right now, they sell every car they can make, and its a non issue, but yes... there are people who just use their car to drive around one city, who are often in traffic and never care about the 0-60 time, and who like a luxury feel when they are in the car.
Tesla right now have no chance of selling cars to that demographic.

I'd be in favor of tesla having a new trim level for their cars, that offered no boost in range/speed but was a big boost on the interior quality. They will have to do this at some point, or just concede that market to lexus/jaguar.

Some of you might be interested in this 🙃
I skimmed through it! Awesome work as always! Hope Singapore is treating you well, haven‘t been there since the circuit breaker, but if I was there I would take you out for a proper Swedish dinner at Zén! ;)

Anyway, I think your automotive numbers for 2022 and 2023 are a bit too conservative. And I think AMaaS will be a race to the bottom so I don’t think it will be quite as profitable as you model it. But anyway, good times ahead for us. Let’s hope Elon sees it!

As robotics and artificial intelligence evolve into more and more jobs, it makes great sense to invest in companies disrupting employment.

Meanwhile Elon says September will be the craziest month for deliveries in Tesla history.

If by some chance Tesla actually hits 900k+ deliveries this year, I'm going to start to really question how much factory shutdowns are from actual chip shortage and how much is because legacy auto doesn't have enough demand, which would absolutely crush their valuations. VW, Ford, GM, etc...have all had significant rallies so far in 2021.

A lot of pressure on them with their valuations being higher than they've been in many year. We'll find out by mid 2022 if "chip shortage" was just a mask for "We don't have enough demand"
Just go to one of the dealerships. There’s like zero cars on the lot. Definitely a production problem not a demand one