Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The owners manual is typically updated in sync w/ SW updates that change or add features. Our Tesla Owners Club (TOC) created something call the Co-Pilot manual specifically for folks like your friend--send her to this link: | Tesla Co-Pilot Manual -- the same link that is in my sig. The site is also used by a number of the other TOCs for their new owner orientation.
Thank you for this. I didn't notice a dedicated thread - something you should consider for EV newbies like myself.

sigh. took the fun down a notch.
Well... the Plaid is limited to 163mph until a new tire/wheel etc. package is released. It's hard... stuff happens

Part of the Austin benefits are the Circuit of the Americas track.

Modeled off some of the most famous corners on the F1 circuit.

Less than 10 miles away from Giga Texas. On highway 130. Review: America's Autobahn [Texas State Highway 130] - LeftLaneNews

This has to do with Tesla vehicles and what to expect performance wise going forward.

"As good as, or better than, those from anywhere in the world"

Well - I'd say they should have announced the record but not give away to competitors (well to Rimac, there's noone else anyway as Porsche == Rimac) that those times are not final even with current car.
Maybe it is a 4D chess tactic: Let Porsche / Rimac come out with a response first, maybe a 7:20 time, THEN show them the modded Plaid can do 7:10 or better.
This way the 'competition' does not know the real target they need to beat.

Part of the Austin benefits are the Circuit of the Americas track.

Modeled off some of the most famous corners on the F1 circuit.

Less than 10 miles away from Giga Texas. On highway 130. Review: America's Autobahn [Texas State Highway 130] - LeftLaneNews

This has to do with Tesla vehicles and what to expect performance wise going forward.

"As good as, or better than, those from anywhere in the world"
It's a fun track. I got an invite a couple of years ago from BMW to drive their M5 and M8 on the track. I would love for Tesla to have similar performance and track events.

Agreed. Maybe they want to extend the news cycle by smashing it’s own record a few times over? Would draw attention to the benefits of software updates.
Meh. I’m going with they’re just excited they accomplished their goal and are excited to share.

Not everything has to be some ‘corporate arranged what’s the best way we can maximize brand exposure to sell cars to the gullible public schtick’.

I find many of these ‘racer/racing’ comments misplaced, lacking any semblance of Tesla understanding.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210910-091459_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210910-091459_Chrome.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 77
I quite enjoy how whenever Tesla wins at something, the haters are forced to give up on a thing they enjoy. That's how much they hate Elon and Tesla. First when Plaid became the fastest at 0-60 and the 1/4 mile, all of the self proclaimed "car enthusiasts" were saying how straight line speed was pointless anyway. "I like road courses." Now that Plaid killed it at the ring we hear "lap times are no big deal". You can't make this crap up.

"Nürburgring lap times are totally pointless anyway and add no meaning or value to a car, because the lap time is something the company has been working on for a few years," -Jalopnik

And no, I won't link to that...whatever you call a media outlet that is worse than a rag.