Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure the market has realised Shanghai is making model Y yet
It's so wonderful when serious Tesla fans have an informational advantage over the rest of the market. In the early days, we had that advantage, but in recent years it has been harder to come by. It this point, the market is just not clued into the way Musk has been systematically sandbagging a Tsunami of production capacity.

Nah, 155mph limiter would absolutely definitely be a big issue at the ring. There are a lot of VERY LONG straights there, including the 2-mile long final straightaway. The Porsche 919 gets up to 220mph in several different places along the course, and over 230mph early on in the final straight. Production cars easily hit 190mph+ on that course. The GT2 RS was also going over 200mph at times.

First the plaid limit is ~166 MPH not 155 MPH. And second it appears this track time was done with the 166MPH limit still in place. So once they unlock the full 200 MPH the time will get better.

I quite enjoy how whenever Tesla wins at something, the haters are forced to give up on a thing they enjoy. That's how much they hate Elon and Tesla. First when Plaid became the fastest at 0-60 and the 1/4 mile, all of the self proclaimed "car enthusiasts" were saying how straight line speed was pointless anyway. "I like road courses." Now that Plaid killed it at the ring we hear "lap times are no big deal". You can't make this crap up.

"Nürburgring lap times are totally pointless anyway and add no meaning or value to a car, because the lap time is something the company has been working on for a few years," -Jalopnik

And no, I won't link to that...whatever you call a media outlet that is worse than a rag.
That rag has never had a good thing to say about Tesla AFAIK.

760.....760...O how I hate thee.
Next week should finally be one where anything could happen. Max pain is technically around $698, but the rational achievable max pain is more like $790.

So going into the week, instead of traders having a clear $10 window that MM's will target, a case could be made for a Friday close anywhere $699 to $799. And then there's the spectre of a 3Q deliveries announcement FOMO which could any day take things.....🚀🚀🚀

Good day to go the beach or park and wait for the fireworks next week.

Sunrun up 5% today and they have less chance of ever making a profit than Uber.

We need to stop arbitrarily dumping subsidies into the climate change effort and focus on helping energy markets function smoothly without corruption at the wheel.
Wouldn't we have to change all the politicians first?

no one knew what the production ramp would be at Shanghai plus the company wasn’t (quite yet) a free cash flow juggernaut.

what’s interesting to me is that the next 3-4 quarters will show us how well Tesla can ramp two GFs simultaneously.

This is the test of “the machine that builds the machine.” (I consider Fremont as the Lab and Shanghai as the beta.)

If Tesla executes reasonably well then this puts them on a clear path to be the first manufacturer to 10m annual BEV production.

Tesla is on a clear path to be the first manufacturer to 10M annual BEV production even if they blow the production ramps in Texas and Germany.

That's just a function of how poorly the big manufacturer's have prepared for the inevitable transition to BEVs.

Sad but true.