Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you please elaborate on this?

I know less than most chart folk here, but just looking at the open options interest from this week vs next, there's far less of an obvious target.

This week anything <$750 would be perfect, even though max pain is technically $735.

Next week is triple witching and the contracts are all over the place. Just look at the 9/17 chart at the link above and try to think where you'd rationally want SP to land if you held all those contracts and wanted most of them to expire worthless. And also think how tough it would be to force the SP to that point.

Again, they will film another dumpster fire and sell it as another *blah fire and keep saying that for weeks.

* it is not blah, but you know what.
Wait.....

Plaid Model S setting new record at nurburgring FUD as a 'modified' car FUD did not do anything to the stock?
Edmunds review of 'Throwing up' maybe because it was too quiet and he could not hear the engine made him nauseous did not have any effect?

Hmmm.....i smell true desperation!! 🤯 🤯 🤯 🤯 🤯 🤯

Rumor of a leaked Elon end of quarter delivery email:

View attachment 706997

2017: This is Tesla's biggest year yet, we must go all-in, sacrifice, and work to achieve the numbers we promised, for the sake of the company. You're all the best.

2018: If we want the company to survive and the mission to be achieved, we need all hands on deck. This is Tesla's most challenging year yet. I truly love you all.

2019: We are succeeding far faster than anybody anticipated. To prove the naysayers wrong, we must put our heads down and get to work. This will be Tesla's hardest year to date, but I believe in you all. You are all making the world a better place.

2020: We have never been challenged like this before, but I believe in all of you. That said, you can stop coming to work, but it is at your own risk. We are facing the biggest challenge in the industry's history but we can only overcome it by working tirelessly to achieve our goal, together. You're all amazing.

2021: However, early Q3 production was so challenging that we need to go super hardcore to make up for it over the next ~22 days to ensure a decent Q3 delivery number. This is the biggest wave in Tesla history, be we got to get it done. The end of the quarter delivery wave is unusually high this time as we suffered (like the rest of the industry) from extremely severe parts shortages earlier this quarter. This meant building a lot of cars with missing parts that needed to be added later. I’d like to thank all Tesla techs and contractors that helped add back the missing parts, often in very difficult conditions. You rock!

Seeing the pattern?

Hey y'all....according to the 'experts' on Twitter....do not celebrate the Plaid record yet...because...............

1631285257442.png

That yoke looks...uncomfrotable.

Also it took two years for Tesla to...not hit the mark that their data was indicating?

That was for the old Plaid+ that was discontinued. (Extra areo, brakes, larger battery, etc.)

EDIT - I'm sure it was discussed, but the Tesla account says 7:35 and Elon tweeted 7:30.

7:35 is for the full track. 7:30 is for the slightly shorter run that is often timed. (Elon's tweet included both times.)

Another very insightful 'Just Have a Think' episode.............this one debunking the ramped up efforts by fossil fuel industries and the politicians that support them to create a path supported by massive tax incentives towards a 'Blue Hydrogen' future. Many here already know that Blue Hydrogen is a Green myth on a biblical scale. This short video supplies a great narrative for breaking that argument down, and for fighting back. And it does so with the help of analyzing a recent paper on Blue Hydrogen shortcomings co-authored by none other than Stanford professor Mark Jacobson (recall that he was one of the very early vocal supporters of the Green New Deal, and who provided thoughtful analysis of the benefits of funding a grid transition to renewables at the $2 Trillion level instead of the $10's of Billions that transition has been reduced to currently). While we meditatively drift between 750 and 760 I hope you might find this quite interesting:

I quite enjoy how whenever Tesla wins at something, the haters are forced to give up on a thing they enjoy. That's how much they hate Elon and Tesla. First when Plaid became the fastest at 0-60 and the 1/4 mile, all of the self proclaimed "car enthusiasts" were saying how straight line speed was pointless anyway. "I like road courses." Now that Plaid killed it at the ring we hear "lap times are no big deal". You can't make this crap up.

"Nürburgring lap times are totally pointless anyway and add no meaning or value to a car, because the lap time is something the company has been working on for a few years," -Jalopnik

And no, I won't link to that...whatever you call a media outlet that is worse than a rag.

They're basically left with "Well, yeah, if we raced from NY to Chicago....you'd lose!" (seeing this argument more) 🤣

The arguments are only going to get more silly/dumb as time goes on, when you can buy EVs with literally thousands (note the plural) of horsepower.