Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not read russian but maybe someone on here does:

1632155694593.png

I do not read russian but maybe someone on here does:

View attachment 711908
google translate to the rescue (although i can read cyrillic ;) ):
In this regard, Elon Musk and other shareholders are seriously thinking about expanding production. On May 21, 2021, speaking via video link at the Novoye Znaniye forum, Musk announced the high likelihood of Tesla entering the Russian market soon. According to him, our own production may appear in our country in the foreseeable future. At the same time, the possibility of opening an official representative office of the company in Moscow was discussed, and a little later, an interface in Russian was added to the new Tesla cars. The governors of the Moscow and Kaluga regions, the Republic of Udmurtia, as if competing with each other, offered Elon Musk privileges and land for construction.
However, after the recent visit to the United States of the grandson and son of the creator of Soviet cosmonautics Sergei Korolev, for whom Musk personally arranged a tour of his enterprise, it became clear that Korolev near Moscow would become the main site for the new plant.

“In principle, the decision on the plant in Korolev was made in the Kremlin,” said our source at the RF Chamber of Commerce and Industry. - It's symbolic. After all, the founder of Tesla is known for his love for Russian astronautics and its history. He repeatedly mentioned the name of Sergei Pavlovich Korolev in his interviews and books. Musk always said that the achievements of Roscosmos would not have been so powerful if the corporation had not stood on the shoulders of titans, among whom he includes Sergei Korolev. One of the halls of the SpaceX Corporation bears his name. "

Found that interesting
Faced with uncertainty over how much economic fallout President Xi Jinping is willing to accept as he pushes forward with market-roiling campaigns to achieve “Common Prosperity” and rein in overindebted companies, many investors are choosing to sell first and ask questions later.
China’s Evergrande’s shares pummelled on fear of debt default

Doesn't look to me like a Lehman Brothers event, more like an effort for affordable flats in China, started by Xi Jinping.

What is the rationale for a plant in Russia? Seems like unneeded hassle for little reward, I mean TSLA doesn’t need financing 👀
Why not? Tesla is supposed to be for the entire human race, not just preferred humans, not just easy countries - however one defines those.

Naively, refreshingly, surprisingly, heroically, undeterminably, Elon always presents a point of view that is inclusive, even when individuals of a group (ie., media) attack him.

It’s tiresome to continually read all the negativity about why this can’t work, why that can’t work, why such and such a country is a bad idea, the awful thing that’s going to happen when the first FSD fatality happens, when this or that happens. That kind of thought process is exactly why the media succeeds with negatively sensationalized headlines and articles, why we can’t all just get along, why we blame others for our own misfortunes, etc.

So I ask you, why don’t Russian people deserve the opportunity to own Tesla’s, have cleaner air, reach energy sustainability? What other company is going to do it?

What is the rationale for a plant in Russia? Seems like unneeded hassle for little reward, I mean TSLA doesn’t need financing 👀

That’s interesting…

Found that interesting

China’s Evergrande’s shares pummelled on fear of debt default

Doesn't look to me like a Lehman Brothers event, more like an effort for affordable flats in China, started by Xi Jinping.
If I didn’t know better, that would suggest that Chinese stockholders are no different than European stockholders or Australian stockholders or North American stockholders - panic first then pull your head out of the sticky buns after you realize the sky didn’t fall. Like maybe people all around the world are prone to act exactly the same way, regardless of their place of birth/upbringing/culture. Like it’s human survival instinct or something. 🙄

Why not? Tesla is supposed to be for the entire human race, not just preferred humans, not just easy countries - however one defines those.

Naively, refreshingly, surprisingly, heroically, undeterminably, Elon always presents a point of view that is inclusive, even when individuals of a group (ie., media) attack him.

It’s tiresome to continually read all the negativity about why this can’t work, why that can’t work, why such and such a country is a bad idea, the awful thing that’s going to happen when the first FSD fatality happens, when this or that happens. That kind of thought process is exactly why the media succeeds with negatively sensationalized headlines and articles, why we can’t all just get along, why we blame others for our own misfortunes, etc.

So I ask you, why don’t Russian people deserve the opportunity to own Tesla’s, have cleaner air, reach energy sustainability? What other company is going to do it?
Confirmed by the Kremlin. I just returned from Moscow and there are a few used S's and a few 3's about but Russia has plenty of wealth for this market and they love SUVs and large status symbols. CT could be a hit (real one) but there are many opportunities. More than 3M Dachas and Putin has promised to get electricity to them all.

Last edited:
A whole new market is what Tesla need to push 50% growth for a full decade. A gigafactory in Russia is exactly what Tesla should aim to expand the most possible and push robotaxis everywhere once FSD is not beta anymore. Extremely bullish.

The way Tesla is being treated by the US legislators probably pushes Russia and China to be less hostile to welcome Tesla in their motherlands, since Tesla is one of the most hated brand by GM, Ford and Chrysler fans. To expand the Tesla mission, it is extremely good news.

Elon is very "Art of War" / strategy. Harder to Demonise Tesla when they're a massive prestige investor, unless you have unions to please

Sitting in the airport buying the dip! Oct 8 calls to catch a P&D pop along with 3Q FOMO. $800c @ 5.05 (nearly the contract low)

Keeping an eye on Oct 29 calls to catch the pop of a blowout 3Q earning report. $800c is floating around $18.50. If this week continues down, I'll load up like crazy @ the 800 strike.

There's that game of chicken... again. Never fails, right when Tesla is about to blow the roof off, the macros get spooked.

Whenever the mean black bear came after me in my childhood nightmares (not so Gentle Ben), I would just curled up and shut my eyes... it worked everytime, bear moved along! I'm curling up again today, just HODLing along, and amused that some leaps are doing well despite - a vote of confidence in the long run.

Classic Toyota...
Japan is an export country

To keep Japanese jobs & roles we must stop EV adoption

Er, where is Toyota going to export unwanted ICE/hybrids?

How is Toyota going to slow/reverse EV adoption in OTHER countries? (odd bit of USA lobbying aside)

On this evidence Toyota is doomed

Japan is an export country

To keep Japanese jobs & roles we must stop EV adoption

Er, where is Toyota going to export unwanted ICE/hybrids?

How is Toyota going to slow/reverse EV adoption in OTHER countries? (odd bit of USA lobbying aside)

On this evidence Toyota is doomed

People often use VW and the European auto makers as the ones they want to see fail because of their scandals.......but I'm personally looking forward to the demise of Toyota. They're actively trying to resist and stop the transition to EV's and they're blatant and loud about it. Sorry Japanese economy, but I hope Toyota crumbles in spectacular fashion.