Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA Pre-Market Volume: 976,110

Opened right exactly on top of the Mid-BB:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-09-20.09-30.png

Lol. I was going to say "you can't make this stuff up", but clearly, they do. :p

Cheers to the LONGS!

"Electrification is growing at a much faster pace than we ever could have dreamed," Auchincloss said.

Am I the only one who doesn't have any "dry powder" ready for any real dip that may or may not happen? My powder is all wet. :confused:

well...your in the same boat at me where you have to go risk on and set some sell orders and then if they execute then set some buy orders and hope they also fill lol tough getting pennies in front of a steam roller that regularly changes speed and direction, thought I was a damned idiot letting the sell order go last week but today it gained me another couple shares so phew! lol

I don't understand why large-scale macro forces that will have virtually no effect on Tesla have such a large effect on its stock, especially given how it's knocking it out of the park right now. It just doesn't make sense.

In general, something happened somewhere that we don't fully understand, so the only rational conclusion is "WE'RE DOOMED!!! SELL!!!" Usually followed a few minutes/hours/days later with "meh, that wasn't so bad, buy"

I thought this was the reason for the Tesla selloff, but I guess its the China situation.

You should have asked him why he can't go charge at home.........(odds are he's a local that is just trying to charge at the superchargers just because)
Or waited half an hour until a slot opened up……….there seem to be a number of clueless new owners with the rapid expansion of “the fleet”. I guess they didn’t spend 6 months analyzing the purchase decision to death like I did in 2015, lol.

Both Max-Pain and my experimental "C-P Brkpt" indicator point at $750 right now. BIG Put wall at 700, but also significant convergence of OI around the 750 strike:

View attachment 711768

I'm not concerned even a little about the supposed "Evergrande debt crisis". This story broke last week. Evergrande's total debt is $300B vs China's GDP of $14.6T in 2021. China will outgrow this w/o blinking an eye, even in the worst case scenario (which is very unlikely).

IMO shortzes and hedgies are just using this as an excuse in the Pre-market to try to start a stampede to the exit, trading lots'o chairs amongst themselves. Remember, large Funds don't trade in the Pre-market, this is the bit players.

Cheers!
Well, it worked for people who sold aggressive covered calls, lol. 😇

LOL, still years later, NTSB bitching about the name of FSD. Jeebus, it's just a name, get over it people. Buffalo wings don't come from buffalos either, but you don't see the FDA throwing a fit about that, do you?

For now we'll watch these meager attempts at drama as they unfold. That's all they have as a response for the "concerns" the "public"* might have about the naming. *"Public" being the lobbyist and others with roles of influence supported by the ICE and Oil cartel.

Some day, hopefully soon, they will have to backtrack because it will actually be driving itself.

C'mon, Musk and team just launched and landed an all civilian crew into/from space for the 1st time.

Wonder if this suggests that what SpaceX is doing is still considered a novelty compared to other things happening on the planet. Reusable and persistent launches/landings, I guess, are what's going to cause a real change in public perception.

What a bar to work through.

Rather disappointing strength in the stock compared to how it held up against macros last week. Not a single deviation of Nasdaq. I wonder how low it has to go before FOMO buying kicks in. Only 10 trading days till P/D numbers. The volume is strong so far, so maybe we flush out the remaining people at this price levels to make the push into 800 much easier.

In terms of the macro's, I actually welcome this. They needed a good 5-8% pullback to stop all the non-stop "impending pullback". Had CNBC on practically every morning this month (for background noise so my dog won't bark) and it's been talked about literally.....every single day......non stop groundhog day only broken up by the occasional mention that ARK sold some TSLA 🥱

Last edited: