Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Melbourne, Florida might seem as though it is another continent, but the Supercharger there shows as being in Florida, so maybe it is not...
I will not trust the Supercharger map unquestioning. Tried out the new one at Hogstorp and it shows on my bill as Mariestad. Yes, I used that one too but not that day. 100 miles between the locations. Admittedly less than the distance to Australia. Still ...

1633631075177.png

I LOVE this setup going into tonight's event.

Very tight BB, we are green, and RSI is not completely out of control (daily and five day).

IMO, only thing stopping this train is a macro disaster.

The reason, as has been explained 4711 times over 14 months now, is that it neutralises the Market Makers' exception to magic false shares out of thin air, which they can sell to push down the price at will. '

Did you not see this discussed at all here?

That, and not all brokers allow fractional shares. So for those that don't offer them, some retail investors may not have the available funds or want to take the risks of buying a full share when the price is higher.

Reactions: FireMedic
You literally just posted 5 minutes ago that Tesla could then do a stock split at any time to burn the shorts.

Stock splits do not burn shorts it has absolutely no effect on market cap.
In this post you prove you do not know how splits work. Please study the subject a bit.Also read about 'the Madoff rule' and read about the securities settlement process. When you do you'll know what a 'naked short' really is, how they can be totally invisible to anyone outside the system and how those are affected by stock splits.

Market cap has exactly nothing whatsoever to do with the subject.

Tesla can announce a split, subject to shareholder approval of more shares, at any time.

Generally, I'm ambivalent about splits if not for their ability to cause problems for the naked shorts.
I agree, except I’m against anything larger than 2:1 simply because it adds complexity to the computational display of my calculator.

Edit: obviously not this moment in time but when TSLA goes up again, which it will. I’d prefer to know my actual net worth rather than have to explain with letters and symbols - at least until I’m old enough to be considered senile.

Last edited:
View attachment 718864

I LOVE this setup going into tonight's event.

Very tight BB, we are green, and RSI is not completely out of control (daily and five day).

IMO, only thing stopping this train is a macro disaster.
Right on cue a quick pop to 795. I assume this is just massive short covering from MM's shenanigans all week. Is this how the Madoff rule was intended to function for MM's? Certainly seems to have little value other than screwing option holders.