Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "calls for a dividend" could be an attack mechanism by bears. It's something that causes a negative news item whenever it's revealed that there won't be a dividend. This can be repeated as many times a year as it can be engineered - perhaps 4-5 times a year.

It's obvious that Tesla has an important mission concerned with saving humanity... and giving profit money back to shareholders would slow down that mission. I have never expected or hoped for a dividend.
But Elon has repeatedly said that at this point they're already spending cash as quickly as they reasonably can and talent is the limiting factor. In fact if you see my posts from earlier this week, apparently every Tesla employee has unfettered access to the cash stockpile for whatever spending they think will accelerate the mission.

If not spending all available cash on Capex were slowing down the mission, how do you explain Tesla's cash balance rising every quarter these days? Why aren't they already spending more money? Why are they paying down debt early? Why aren't they doing more capital raises with equity offerings?

Reactions: kbM3
If a Supercharger takes as long as a movie to charge your car, I'd report it as broken. Should be destination charger.

Don't forget Tesla charging isn't a 0 vs 1 state based choice.

* V3/V4 full speed superchargers would be overkill
* urban superchargers (72KW) would be nice
* destination chargers near me are 8KW, 10KW, 13KW, or 16KW (seems like almost every public install around here is different)

destination chargers are OK, but having a couple of urban superchargers there to supplement them would be nice also. Maybe the movie is short or sold out and you have to make a return trip sooner than desired/expected and a destination charger has you sitting around in that case. Or heaven forbid there is a power outage half way through the movie. Being charged quicker gives you that reserve for the unexpected.

Don't forget Tesla charging isn't a 0 vs 1 state based choice.

* V3/V4 full speed superchargers would be overkill
* urban superchargers (72KW) would be nice
* destination chargers near me are 8KW, 10KW, 13KW, or 16KW (seems like almost every public install around here is different)

destination chargers are OK, but having a couple of urban superchargers there to supplement them would be nice also. Maybe the movie is short or sold out and you have to make a return trip sooner than desired/expected and a destination charger has you sitting around in that case. Or heaven forbid there is a power outage half way through the movie. Being charged quicker gives you that reserve for the unexpected.

Ill be heading through your neck of the woods this weekend on the way to visit my parents in Brentwood. The trip planner is having me stop at this one in Knoxville.

1633641474760.png

Can confirm Ann Arbor liberals love Tesla too, though we do probably have the most Mach-E on the streets of any city
Driving side streets at 8am to a local car inspection appointment, I pass an elementary school where kids are waiting for a crossing guard about to stop traffic. Out of the gaggle of 4th graders comes a chorus of chants of “Tesla, Tesla, Tesla”.

You can’t buy this sort of generational awareness.

Can someone ask about the Buffalo factory, solar roof tiles and if there will be an OEM option with new home builders?

"The shift in policy is apparently part of an effort to substantially increase solar roof uptake. According to the same source, Tesla wants their solar roof installations to exceed solar panel installations by the end of 2022."​

Cheers!